Took a late flight into London from Pisa, and took a bus down to Victoria Coach Station. From there, my girlfriend and I took a cab down to the hostel (about 10pounds down to night meter rates), only to find ourselves locked out of the building. Tried to access internet but the password didn't work, and couldn't find another free hotspot to connect to, so we rested in the cold outside for about 20minutes, before we walked back to the coach station. I was quite frustrated with the entire process, but that quickly changed after I tapped on free wifi at the station. Most hostels will cancel your reservation after you failed to check-in, but in the midst of all these, the hostel had actually sent me an email with the combination for the front door, allocated the room and beds that my girlfriend and I were on. Needless to say, we walked back to the hostel, got into our room and rested the night away.
Moral of the story : Keep in contact with your hostel should you think you are arriving late, check your emails, and last but not least, know where's the free wifi spots.
About the hostel, they provide linen, towels, and free breakfast. There's a shower in my room, but the pressure's quite weak, so they recommend that you bathe upstairs. Wifi's free for 20 minutes, and it's 1 pound per day for wifi.
The location is not bad, right in front of river Thames, and there's a bus 24 that runs 24 hours, all the way to Victoria, parliament, and other attractions. Staff are friendly and easy-going, willing to help and guide you along the way, and service with a smile :)
I would return to this hostel when I visit London again :)
- Also Known As:
- Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Hotel London
- Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea Hotel
- Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea London, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Travel Joy Hostels is a relaxed and chilled-out hostel which focuses on personal service.We are the only London hostel overlooking the river. We are extremely centrally located between Chelsea and The Houses of Parliament.We provide free tea/coffee/soft drinks to residents at all times, free linen/towels, free earplugs, Wi-Fi in the entire building and free continental breakfast. There are no hidden costs.There is bicycle dock and a 24 hour bus outside the door that goes every ten minutes to Victoria Station, Houses of Parliament, Trafalgar Square, Soho, Oxford Street and Camden.We have a Thai and European restaurant on site and a tour and theatre tickets desk.We have PC's in the lounge area which can be accessed for a small fee.Our large bar below the hostel is a great place to relax and socialise. Our building offers all modern facilities and guests can feel very safe and comfortable.Our check-in time is from 14:00 - 23.30. If you are early you can leave your luggage in our secure luggage storage area. Check-out is 11:00 with breakfast from 07:30 - 10:30.We can assure you that your stay with Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea will be enjoyable and relaxing and give you a wonderful taste of Central London.We also have Salsa Classes on Wednesdays, an Open Mic Night on Fridays and Live Music on Saturdays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, HostelBookers and HostelWorld so you can book your Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.