“Phoenix hostel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Phoenix hostel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stayed at this hostel for 9 days and It was the first time I had ever stayed in a hostel before and it was certainly a memorable experience. The rooms were quite nice but a tad small. Other than that, this hostel is quite amazing. 5 minute walk to 2 different train stations, 3 minute walk to the supermarket. Breakfast is provided for 1.5 pounds every morning and is definitely worth it (bread, cereal, spreads and fruit) the staff are very helpful and will assist you with anything. Special mentions to John, Paul and Mathylda for making my stay extra enjoyable. I would recommend this hostel to any solo travellers and any big drinkers as the bar downstairs serves pints for 3.10 (cheapest you'll find)

Room Tip: I recommend a 6 bed dorm as the rooms aren't huge but the 6 bed isn't to cramped. Also ask f...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

This was such a great place to stay with such wonderful management! A friend and I, arrived there super late since we made a last minute decision to arrive to the city a day early, they were kind enough to check us in at 2am! I stayed there for four nights and John, Paul and Aaron were three of the kindest people I met in London. All very helpful in my stay and letting me know what places to visit. The facilities are great too and its very affordable. I definitely recommend this hostel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Altadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic group of people that run this hostel! A friend of mine and I came in to London very late and lacked accommodations as we made the decision to travel to the city last minute. After bumbling about the city trying to find a hostel that would take us, we came across Phoenix hostel, where manager Paul and host Aaron opened the locked door to us at 2 am. Though they normally don't accept people after 10pm, they saw how desperate we were and gave us shelter. There was essentially no space left so they gave us emergency beds in the dormitories and at last we could sleep. They could have charged just about anything and we would have paid at that point but to our pleasure it was only £20! I highly recommend this hostel as the service is fantastic and the cost is low, yet the accommodations were still well above par.

• Stayed May 2014
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

As said in the title. The only thing that keeps it form being excellent is the make shift kitchen. (Fridge, microwave, plates cutlery and water heater), but, as far as I remember, there are plans to fix that. Staff is great. Met a few good persons there with whome I still have contact and once in a while I still pop in for a beer and chat.

I vouche for them.
Lenart

PS
lol, no swimming pool on the premise, but San Miguel is close :)

Room Tip: 6 bed rooms are good. Try the top floor, it has better bathrooms. All are clean though.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I would recommend this hostel if you are travelling alone and want to meet people, the pub layout and the staff create a very relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Security is good, everyone is let in by staff and they are there 24 hours a day. The hostel is in a quiet area very close to Edgware Road underground station. Facilities are adequate, no complaints, no compliments, but they are not why I'd choose here. Thanks to Matilde who did a very thorough job cleaning our room and found my glasses.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Easy and detailed check in, excellent staff who are caring and friendly. Clean, good hot showers and well priced beers. Lower part of the hostel is practically a hub for meeting other travellers and enjoying a beer or two. Recommended.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Stayed here a year ago, finally writing a review!! I thought this place was perfect. Comfortable beds, no hidden charges sneaked in and the staff was extremely friendly and chatty and took care of what I needed. Good breakfast and a common area that got me friends immediately, who introduced me to their friends (I was female traveling alone at the time, 30 years old, I felt safe and had a great time). Tube is
I stayed in a 6-bed dorm room, it was a bit hot but there was an open window next to me. The hostel looks like a small pub, it's really cute. I have no complaints at all and would totally go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Phoenix Hostel? Share your experiences!