I recently went to London on a business trip for one week and had the pleasure of staying at the Hotel Rafayel in Battersea.
Prior to my stay at the Rafayel, my biggest concern about staying in Battersea was my ability to get into London for appointments easily and without inconvenience or delay. Having been to London on prior occasions I knew that location can be a friend to the business traveler who will be taking appointments in various parts of London.
When I inquired with The Rafayel about this concern they were quite confident that I would not be inconvenienced by the location and reassured me that their shuttle service to both Clapham Junction (overground train station) and Clapham Common (underground tube station) would be accessible and reliable. This was certainly the case for me. All I needed to do was book the time I would need to leave the hotel for appointments and the shuttle service was ready to take me on my way..
For me, this was of paramount importance as I was in meetings the whole week I stayed in London. The fastest way to get around London is definitely by Tube so once you're in the system you're on your way.
Other pluses about the hotel - price, luxury, "green environment", service, and restaurant. The hotel provided a great value for the price compared with other hotels I looked at in London, no question here. I stayed in the Yangtze room which had a view overlooking the Thames, a nice touch. A comfy bed and large bathroom were highlights for me and a wonderful shower to relax in at the end of a long day. I especially appreciated the cleanliness of my room too. I could look forward to returning to my hotel each evening. Additionally, the hotel is one of a few "Green" approved luxury hotels.
The Banyon restaurant was also a plesure to frequent as I had breakfast each morning there - a full english buffet which was wonderful. I also ate there for dinner one evening and had the best meal of my stay in London.
Finally, but certainly not least important was the service the Hotel provided. My trip was business related and therefore I had quite a few special requiests for the staff. They were all very helpful and responsive. I couldn't have been happier with the level of service they provided.
When I return to London I will certainly be staying at the Rafayel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 65 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.00 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, T4B, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel & Spa London, England