We stayed at the Rafayel at the end of October whilst visiting family. This hotel has some really good points but I fell is let down by management of the staff.
Bedrooms - large, very modern rooms with some lovely extras - TV in bathroom (although this didn't work during our stay), free wifi, the most comfortable bed I have slept in, mini bar, room safe etc My requests made at the time of booking were all actioned which was also pleasing.
Shuttle buses - these go every half an hour to Clapham common or Junction and are very handy. The driver was also really nice.
General decor - just to me taste (apart from the large decorative chain hanging from the ceiling in reception), very modern, nicley appointed, stylish.
Food - we only ate once in the restaurant but the views were fantastic, they were offering 50% off so very good value and the food was really nice as well.
The cocktails were very good and well priced and the barman was nice.
No one seems to manage the staff here:
There were members of staff smoking at the front entrance in uniform which does not give a good impression.
Whilst eating lunch a painter started painting a wall next to us which I would not expect to see in a cafe let alone this restaurant. Note to maintenance department - paint fumes whilst eating are not pleasant.
There were constantly workmen everywhere by the front entrance and reception. Although this didn't really effect our stay it does give a bad first impression for guests arriving.
1 receptionist was lovely but I cannot remeber her name, the others gave the impression that we were disturbing them every time we came to the desk.
The information about the hotel in the rooms could have been more detailed.
In all it was a pleasant stay and I would return so perhaps I am being picky with the negative points I recorded. However, if the same attention to detail was given to the levels of service and staff customer care training as it has with the decor and and styling this hotel really would be excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 65 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.00 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel & Spa London, England