For a luxury boutique 5 star hotel, the Rafayel delivers in looks but lacks in service. I walked into the lobby and up to the check in desk (which was devoid of any other customers and had 2 members of staff) to be studiously ignored for some time, when I did manage to get the attention of the receptionist I gave my details and then they continued with whatever it was they were doing before dealing with my booking - not a good sign and yet as things were to come..The room was stunning, huge and with a fabulous bathroom and a comfy bed, however, we had an appalling nights sleep - the interconnecting doors constantly rattled and at least twice during the night the main door was attempted by drunken guests seemingly unable to locate their own rooms- oh and when our neighbours did arrive back about 4am we could hear every grunt and groan - lovely. So the next morning I asked to be moved and about 2pm ( fair enough they were fairly busy I think) we were moved - this time to a much smaller room which made us wonder whether we'd been downgraded, we were just grateful to be tucked away near the spa with no interconnecting doors at this point, however there was no wifi coverage and the television was positioned in such a manner to make night time bathroom trips a veritable obstacle course! The next morning we tried to phone down to ask for a later check out (which they begrudgingly allowed us) this took some time - we were constantly put through to answer machine. As for the rest of the stay - how long is the soft opening - those tantalizing tellys in the bathroom still don't work and the shuttle service is a nice idea but finishes way too early and some of the driving felt plain dangerous ( apart from our last trip - comfy and courteous thank you ). All in all dissapointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 65 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.00 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL and Hotels.com so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel & Spa London, England