I was planning a short break in London with my 5yr old son, so wanted a hotel room a bit bigger than a shoe-box! Having read a cople of reviews on here, I chose Rafayel - and wasn't disappointed! The hotel is much cheaper than central hotels and absolutely fantastic! Our room was enourmous! It was an Amazon Suite and had a double bed with plenty of room to walk around it, the wardrobe and 'mini bar area' were in a seperate part of the room whic could have fitted another double bed! The bathroom was huge with a great power shower with bodyjets! The bed itself was supremely comfy with the most squashy amazing pillows! Climate control made the room comfortable in the mini heat wave of last week! The tv was perfect and I could lie in bed and adjust the lighting and climate control from the tv remote! The mini bar wasn't overly priced for wine, although a spirit and mixer were a bit steep! Staff were low-key and friendly, not over the top which I liked. We didn't have breakfast as my son isn't a big eater, but the restaurant looked very nice and the selection looked good! The location is right next to the Thames, our room wasn't river view, but was lovely and bright. Public transport isn't too close - the nearest tube is about 2miles away - but the hotel offers a drop off to Clapham Common tube which is only then about 10 minutes into central London. Coming back in the evening, we caught a tube to Vauxhall and hopped on a 344 bus which stopped 5mins walk from the hotel. All in all, only 10-15mins from Central London. When we arrived i caught a cab from Euston as it was late evening, this cost £20 to the hotel. We got comlimentary cheesecake on arrival which was a nice touch! I only had 2 little complaints - 1 was the £50 per night deposit they required on checking in which hadn't been mentioned - single mum on a budget this could have caused me problems, but luckily I had a trusty credit card! The other was the naff hairdryer! I'd had a fantastic shower and was all wrapped up in lovely supplied waffle dressing gown and slippers and came to dry my hair ... and it was a naff travel hair dryer!
All in all - absolutely great! I'd go back tomorrow!!
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel & Spa London, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 65 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.00 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Olotels, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.