I write this review as a somewhat of a hotel (and London) efficienado. I like quality linen, good sevice and peace and quiet. This hotel has it in spadefulls. I almost don't want to let the secret of this hotel out! It is a private discreet classy haven in an otherwise chaotic city. It is on the riverside in Battersea and you can just step out and stroll along to Battersea Park.
If you want to shop carry on over Chelsea Bridge to Sloane Square and on up to Harrods and Harvey Nics. Smaller budget? Turn left down Kings Road to the great British High Street.
Don't be put off that you are not next to the tube - rejoice that you are not near the tube!! Walk out the front of the hotel and pick up the 170 bus which for £2.00 will take you up to Sloane Square. If you are around for a while pick up a travel Oyster Card and top up.
But I digress, the Hotel.... huge rooms for London, very high quality bathrooms, some with TVs beside the bath and double showers! The bed linen is top notch as are the towels and the furnishings. The staff are friendly, helpful patient and genuine. I had a lite bite in the Restaurant and again top quality discreet friendly service.
I don't have enough space to mention the Library, beautiful Spa and gym and even the hall ways I find just really well thought out. Housekeeping - what housekeeping? You don't see them, you don't hear them - but your room will be serviced.
I have even taken a few photos for some home decorating tips for myself! Don't expect a mass market reception desk when you arrive - it is tasteful and efficient.
You might comment that you came to London to see the sights - trust me... after a day's sightseeing in London you will be overjoyed that you have the Rafayel to return to.
So stay here - I promise you will be glad you did - you can thank me telepathically ;)
(Orla - Room 116)
Things not to do - stay away from Clapham - tired and scruffy - head over the bridge to Chelsea and on up to town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 65 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.00 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel & Spa London, England