“Quiet & convenient” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa
34 Lombard Road | Falcon Wharf, London SW11 3RF, England (Clapham / Battersea )   |
Ranked #121 of 1,073 hotels in London
Reading, United Kingdom
“Quiet & convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

This hotel is great. My partner booked it for us as part of my 40th birthday celebration. Not only were we upgraded but there were cupcakes and flowers waiting for us when we got to our room. The size of the rooms is impressive for London, the staff are very friendly and the location is not far from the centre of things. We really enjoyed our stay and hope they keep the promotional prices going for a little while longer so we can come back again. Thank you Rafayel on the Left Bank for contributing to a fantastic landmark birthday celebration.

1,200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
william burton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

We chose to have our wedding at the Hotel Rafayel. almost the minute we met the man in charge of organising our day we were happy. He was polite and friendly at all times. We also met the manager who was again both courteous and welcoming. The day itself was fantastic we were all made to feel very welcome. The service was top class and the food was fantastic. We had a number of small children and they were treated with respect as well understanding which is very important to parents and a very good sign.
My (new!) wife and also stayed in the hotel that night in a room that was in every way spectacular. We had a stunning view over the river not to mention heaps of space inside the modern and beautiful room. My only criticism was that given it is all so high tech it was sometimes hard to know which switch did what but its hardly something to be bothered about.
We were whisked in complete comfort, and free of charge, to Clapham Junction the next day.
This is a great hotel and the location should not put anyone off. Battersea is incredibly well connected and a stones throw from great restaurants both in Battersea and just over the bridge in Chelsea.

sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

Whilst working in London on a near weekly basis I have stayed in some great hotels and some shockng flea pit hotels, but I can honestly say I have never stayed in a hotel where I have needed to come home and rave about it. Since my stay last week I havent shut up telling people about Londons newest and most friendly 5* hotel.

So what impressed me most? The Rafayel is a boutique hotel and the decor and friendly service highlighted this to the absolute maximum. Everyone remebered our names, what room number we were in, what we drove and what we drank at the bar.

The rooms even though we were in the classic was light airy adn beautifully decorated. The amazing lighting and the funky amber light TV's just highlighted the quality. The thoughtfulness of the decor from the double shower to the light in the wardrobe just highlighted how even the smallest detail was catered for.

Having been in meetings throughout both days of our stay to come back to such a wonderful restaurant was just amazing. The fillet steak was to die for and I just had to have it the second night as well as the first.

The view from the restaurant in the evening was so relaxing after such long days and the lighting was perfect. Not too dark, not too light just nicely chilled to help relax.

Been right on the thames just added to the relaxing atmosphere.

Finally the free wifi just added to the impression. wherby in most hotels I spend ages getting connected this was all automatic with no trying to get the wep key. I could just sit at the desk in the room and work. Ace

Finally we were offered Wii's , PS3 and Xbox if we needed them to unwind and there was a Easily accessible HDMI port built onto the desk so no messing with wires

Was an amazing place to stay and I cant wait for my next business trip as there is no questioning where i will be staying :)

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Helensburgh Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

We were welcomed by extremely courteous staff. We arrived early and were offered an upgraded room so thaqt we could settle in immediately. The facilities were excellent and coupled with a promotional 50% reduction including the cost of our meals I simply have not experienced better value anywhere. Because of the occasion we were given cakes from the boutique an complimentary champagne. I had the great pleasure of meeting the owner and experiencinghis very personal courtesy. My daughters who live nearby were able to visit freely and were treated with the same courtesy and attentiveness as hotel residents. Bedrooms and service were 5 star plus in my view and nothing was dealt with in trivial manner. Everything from facilites to cuisine and service was of exemplary level. The personal friendliness from owner to general staff was second to none. Having stayed in many first class hotels but this one tops the list. Not only did it make the experience of turning 60 a pleasure but I will not hesitate to stay there when visiting London in future, as I often do. I sincerely recommend the experience to anyone looking for accommodation and cuisine of the highest quality

Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

I stayed at the hotel for 4 days on business.It was a really great stay.During the stay the hotel had a power cut for quite some time! However I was not inconvenienced one bit. All the staff were very professional and looked after me well.I enjoyed the hotel restaurant and bar.The food was really excellent and good value during my stay.
The whole stay was without any stress.Lovely room,a good gym,great food and a great guy called Errol!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Wiltshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

I found the hotel on trip advisor and booked it on the strength of the reviews. Certainly well worth it. I booked a one night stay for my wife and I in a superior room (Yangtse). The room was very large, well equipped and the bathroom was one of the best I've experienced in London. Had a drink in the trendy bar (no guinness on draught!) overlooking the Thames but did not eat there for dinner or breakfast so cannot comment on food. The valet Car parking was £10 overnight (until 11.00am) which I thought was exceptional value and the hotel is also outside the congestion charging zone. The one downside was that the leisure club was out of action due to renovation work. I would say its the best value for money in London in the £100 - £150 bracket. I plan to stay there next time with my family.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

Even though our room didn't have a river view, the hotel was excellent. The rooms were very modern and spacious. One of the highest quality rooms I've ever stayed in. We negotiated a discount rate for an extended stay and were impressed. The staff were friendly and helpful. This hotel is still in the early stages as there was no milk in the rooms and you needed a PhD (press here [--]) to operate the room aircon (was technically advanced touchscreen thingy). The restaurant there too was very nice. Much better value than the majority of London hotels and with good facilities and v.close to Clapham Junction

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!