“Istayed there to celebrate my 60th birthday and couldn't have made a better choice anywhere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   34 Lombard Road | Falcon Wharf, London SW11 3RF, England (Clapham / Battersea )   |
Ranked #138 of 1,074 Hotels in London
Helensburgh Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

We were welcomed by extremely courteous staff. We arrived early and were offered an upgraded room so thaqt we could settle in immediately. The facilities were excellent and coupled with a promotional 50% reduction including the cost of our meals I simply have not experienced better value anywhere. Because of the occasion we were given cakes from the boutique an complimentary champagne. I had the great pleasure of meeting the owner and experiencinghis very personal courtesy. My daughters who live nearby were able to visit freely and were treated with the same courtesy and attentiveness as hotel residents. Bedrooms and service were 5 star plus in my view and nothing was dealt with in trivial manner. Everything from facilites to cuisine and service was of exemplary level. The personal friendliness from owner to general staff was second to none. Having stayed in many first class hotels but this one tops the list. Not only did it make the experience of turning 60 a pleasure but I will not hesitate to stay there when visiting London in future, as I often do. I sincerely recommend the experience to anyone looking for accommodation and cuisine of the highest quality

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

I stayed at the hotel for 4 days on business.It was a really great stay.During the stay the hotel had a power cut for quite some time! However I was not inconvenienced one bit. All the staff were very professional and looked after me well.I enjoyed the hotel restaurant and bar.The food was really excellent and good value during my stay.
The whole stay was without any stress.Lovely room,a good gym,great food and a great guy called Errol!!

Wiltshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

I found the hotel on trip advisor and booked it on the strength of the reviews. Certainly well worth it. I booked a one night stay for my wife and I in a superior room (Yangtse). The room was very large, well equipped and the bathroom was one of the best I've experienced in London. Had a drink in the trendy bar (no guinness on draught!) overlooking the Thames but did not eat there for dinner or breakfast so cannot comment on food. The valet Car parking was £10 overnight (until 11.00am) which I thought was exceptional value and the hotel is also outside the congestion charging zone. The one downside was that the leisure club was out of action due to renovation work. I would say its the best value for money in London in the £100 - £150 bracket. I plan to stay there next time with my family.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

Even though our room didn't have a river view, the hotel was excellent. The rooms were very modern and spacious. One of the highest quality rooms I've ever stayed in. We negotiated a discount rate for an extended stay and were impressed. The staff were friendly and helpful. This hotel is still in the early stages as there was no milk in the rooms and you needed a PhD (press here [--]) to operate the room aircon (was technically advanced touchscreen thingy). The restaurant there too was very nice. Much better value than the majority of London hotels and with good facilities and v.close to Clapham Junction

Monaco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

Traveling to London often for business and being the center of my work around West London I have been looking for quite some time to an hotel where I can spend pleasantly my time without having to go to the West End.
Rafayel was a great surprise I stumbled on, and since my first staying I have elected it my London residence of choice; great rooms (in terms of space as well as decor) with super comfortable beds, and if you travel a lot you know how important this is. Beautiful views of the river, a great restaurant with a very interesting menu, again a great leap from the usual "hotel menus" you find on most establishment, plus a gym and a pool opening soon. Service could be improved, but the staff has always been extremely courteous and willing to help, and a smile goes a long way in my world. Granted you are not on Park Lane, but Kings Road is a 15 min stroll, and you are paying a third if not a fourth of the Park Lane rates... all in all great value for money and a definitely yes for this hidden gem.

Slough, Berkshire UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

I have stayed at the Rafayel Hotel on February and was really impressed. Quality of the hotel is oustanding, clean, modern. I booked this hotel as my workplace recommand it. It look like a brand new hotel, Will definitely come back for my next week in london in June. Price is little bit high but really really worth it

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Perth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

This hotel is brand new and rates itself as 5 star but in reality it would be 4 possible 4.5 at the very top. I stayed at the hotel as it was close to my brothers place and near some places I needed tp visit for work. It isn't really near anything but it does have fantastic views of the Thames. OK so to the Faulty Towers. After reading the reviews I emailed the hotel and said I wanted a room that was as far away from the helicopter pad as possible - this was confirmed in writing by the reservations department prior to arrival. So when I checked in I received the room closest to the heli pad. The porter I had naturally didn't speak much English (ala Manuel from Faulty Towers) but I explained the issue needed to be fixed. He said he would speak to someone. Ten minutes pass and I see the porter drive off in a car. Room was changed, but the airconditioning didn't work that well in the second room so I wore teo jumpers to bed each night. Did say something but they couldn't really fix it. Went down for breakfast ordered eggs on toast waited 20 minutes and out came a beautiful plate with some greenery and two eggs - no toast. I called the waiter over and she couldn't understand why I wanted toast for my eggs on toast. Anyway another 5 minutes later the toast arrives. The list goes on and got to the point where I just wanted to go back to the hotel each day to see what would happen next.

I would stay here for a comic novelty but have a back up as I doubt you will last more than 1-2 nights.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!