“Stylish, comfortable and great value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   34 Lombard Road | Falcon Wharf, London SW11 3RF, England (Clapham / Battersea )   |
Ranked #139 of 1,054 Hotels in London
Wiltshire
“Stylish, comfortable and great value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

I found the hotel on trip advisor and booked it on the strength of the reviews. Certainly well worth it. I booked a one night stay for my wife and I in a superior room (Yangtse). The room was very large, well equipped and the bathroom was one of the best I've experienced in London. Had a drink in the trendy bar (no guinness on draught!) overlooking the Thames but did not eat there for dinner or breakfast so cannot comment on food. The valet Car parking was £10 overnight (until 11.00am) which I thought was exceptional value and the hotel is also outside the congestion charging zone. The one downside was that the leisure club was out of action due to renovation work. I would say its the best value for money in London in the £100 - £150 bracket. I plan to stay there next time with my family.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

Even though our room didn't have a river view, the hotel was excellent. The rooms were very modern and spacious. One of the highest quality rooms I've ever stayed in. We negotiated a discount rate for an extended stay and were impressed. The staff were friendly and helpful. This hotel is still in the early stages as there was no milk in the rooms and you needed a PhD (press here [--]) to operate the room aircon (was technically advanced touchscreen thingy). The restaurant there too was very nice. Much better value than the majority of London hotels and with good facilities and v.close to Clapham Junction

Monaco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

Traveling to London often for business and being the center of my work around West London I have been looking for quite some time to an hotel where I can spend pleasantly my time without having to go to the West End.
Rafayel was a great surprise I stumbled on, and since my first staying I have elected it my London residence of choice; great rooms (in terms of space as well as decor) with super comfortable beds, and if you travel a lot you know how important this is. Beautiful views of the river, a great restaurant with a very interesting menu, again a great leap from the usual "hotel menus" you find on most establishment, plus a gym and a pool opening soon. Service could be improved, but the staff has always been extremely courteous and willing to help, and a smile goes a long way in my world. Granted you are not on Park Lane, but Kings Road is a 15 min stroll, and you are paying a third if not a fourth of the Park Lane rates... all in all great value for money and a definitely yes for this hidden gem.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Slough, Berkshire UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

I have stayed at the Rafayel Hotel on February and was really impressed. Quality of the hotel is oustanding, clean, modern. I booked this hotel as my workplace recommand it. It look like a brand new hotel, Will definitely come back for my next week in london in June. Price is little bit high but really really worth it

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Perth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

This hotel is brand new and rates itself as 5 star but in reality it would be 4 possible 4.5 at the very top. I stayed at the hotel as it was close to my brothers place and near some places I needed tp visit for work. It isn't really near anything but it does have fantastic views of the Thames. OK so to the Faulty Towers. After reading the reviews I emailed the hotel and said I wanted a room that was as far away from the helicopter pad as possible - this was confirmed in writing by the reservations department prior to arrival. So when I checked in I received the room closest to the heli pad. The porter I had naturally didn't speak much English (ala Manuel from Faulty Towers) but I explained the issue needed to be fixed. He said he would speak to someone. Ten minutes pass and I see the porter drive off in a car. Room was changed, but the airconditioning didn't work that well in the second room so I wore teo jumpers to bed each night. Did say something but they couldn't really fix it. Went down for breakfast ordered eggs on toast waited 20 minutes and out came a beautiful plate with some greenery and two eggs - no toast. I called the waiter over and she couldn't understand why I wanted toast for my eggs on toast. Anyway another 5 minutes later the toast arrives. The list goes on and got to the point where I just wanted to go back to the hotel each day to see what would happen next.

I would stay here for a comic novelty but have a back up as I doubt you will last more than 1-2 nights.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

Fantastic bar looking out on to river. Very friendly staff and elegant decor. Bus 170 takes two mins from outside Clapham Junction St John's Exit. Stop D. Recommended.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

On the 6th of March 2010 we celebrated our wedding with a delicious and exquisite lunch at Banyon on the Thames restaurant with our guests from various parts of the world. Some of the guests and ourselves stayed at the Hotel Rafayel for the night. The hotel is modern and very elegant from the ornaments and decoration to the design of the wall paper. The hotel reception area is beautiful, with comfortable sofas and chairs, amazing console marble tables with vases of fresh flowers. The rooms were beautifully decorated and furnished with all the modern facilities you need, including a very comfortable bed. The facilities of the hotel were perfect for our guests, from the cute cupcake shop, to the spacious relaxed communal areas. The staff was attentive all the time and very helpful. All of the guests commented on how good the hotel was and would definitely come back.

We were pleased to have had our wedding lunch at Banyon on the Thames and the Hotel Rafayel. We highly recommend this pearl on the left side of the river Thames! The experience was magnificent and we thanks again to all the members of the hotel and the restaurant to make possible this unforgettable experience. All in all, the experience was a real treat for our family and friends.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!