“Very good hotel!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa

You added Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   34 Lombard Road | Falcon Wharf, London SW11 3RF, England (Clapham / Battersea )   |
Ranked #198 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Herefordshire, United Kingdom
“Very good hotel!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My other half and I had the pleasure of finding this hotel.. We would definitely stay again...lovely staff at reception...shuttle service was a definite plus,will be recommending to anyone planning a visit to London.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Crewe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed at the hotel on Tuesday night and what a wonderful hotel this is! A little hidden gem!

Check in was simple and quick and I was upgraded to a Yangtze Room on the 2nd floor with partial views over the Thames. The man who checked me in was really helpful and friendly.
The hotel is very modern with mood lighting although the corridors are a little on the dark side.

The room was lovely; just as it looked on the pictures.......there is a massive bathroom although the shower takes some working out! The room is well stocked with bathrobes, slippers, mini bar, safety deposit box and all the usual things you would expect to find

I stay away frequently and I have to say, this is the best hotel that I have stayed in whilst in London and I certainly won't be looking to book another hotel now that I have found this one!

The only down side is the restaurant.......although the food was fantastic, it is quite expensive although guests receive a 50% discount if you order 2 courses, I would recommend the Scallops! There is a bar area within the restaurant and the chap serving drinks is a star! The hotel is a little bit on the outskirts so couldn't find a restaurant within walking distance although I am sure there are

I didn't have breakfast and I didn't use the spa facilities but I certainly will be next time.

The hotel also offered us a taxi service in the morning to take us to Westminster but I think a black cab would have been cheaper!!

A great hotel, beautifully presented and spotlessly clean!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade....if you don't ask, you don't get
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I had previously stayed at this hotel, and been surprised and dismayed to find a heliport in full and regular operation, in fairly close proximity to my room.

Imagine my surprise therefore, on being booked into this hotel for a return visit, without my knowledge. Happily though, I'm pleased to report, the helicopters were far less frequent on this occasion.

The on-site parking below the hotel was convenient, with very helpful staff directing me to a space on my arrival. Check-in was convenient, polite and moderately quick, but the room to which I'd been allocated was on the first floor, and sat, quite literally over the rear entrance portico, essentially facing the restaurant. There was no privacy to be had - and so I spent the majority of the time in my room with the blinds, closed.

Check out the next day was quick and efficient, and they were kind enough to allow me to leave the car in the car park whilst I wandered to a meeting and back, with no additional charge.

The polite, courteous kind of service that any hotel should be proud of, but the helicopters and the rooms I've been allocated to date do not make me want to return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed here on a small vacation to London. The hotel room was incredible. The planet friendly features were very cool and the shower was without a doubt the best shower experience I've ever had. The only drawback is the distance to public transportation. The walk is not far but at night the neighborhoods we walked through were not well lit making the walk a little nerve wracking. The hotel DOES offer a shuttle, we chose not to take it because after all the wonderful food in London we needed the exercise! Overall great hotel experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Lovely hotel although a little bit far out of the city although in summer it would probably be lovely as it's right next to the river.
Clean, minimalist decor and beautifully decorated. There is a library on the 1st floor which is a nice little quirk.
The rooms are huge although be careful on the floor as I slipped and fell quite badly. Comfy beds, but the lighting is a little hit and miss - fine for romantic but not great when trying to put mascara on. The bathroom was massive too and had one of the best showers I have ever been in. However the towels were not clean. Also there was no iron and ironing board which I found a little strange.
However, helpful staff and easy check in and out and not a long wait for the valet parking.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have just returned from another excellent stay at one of our favorite London hotels......The Rafayel. We arrived at the hotel on Boxing Day and were warmly greeted by the reception team. In the past I have commented on the welcoming staff, the large well appointed rooms, the gym, the spa, the excellent food in the restaurant ( offered at a 50% discount to hotel guests) and the convenience of having the # 170 bus stop in front of the hotel taking you into Victoria Station.......all of these are still top notch. One fact that cannot be overlooked is the excellent value. In the past we have stayed at many of the finest hotels in London, so we do know excellence. Although the Rafayel is located across the Thames, Central London is easily accessed by a short bus ride (approx. 15 minute ride on the # 170 bus). The bus can be taken directly to Victoria, but there is also a stop on Sloane -- a well known shopping street. The room rate is well below the tariff of central London hotels offering the same amenities and level of excellence. No review can be complete without mentioning the on site presence of the congenial hotel owner, Ike. He is frequently visible to insure the quality of the guest experience. He is assisted by the friendly hotel manager Taqi. This deffinately is not a large chain hotel but one with a personal touch. We can truly say " we hated to leave" !!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Malcolm_Bass, Director at Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guests

Thank you for again taking the time to leave a review about your most recent stay in our hotel. We are delighted that you keep coming back to stay with us and also that our services continue to please you. The hotel owner Ike was particularly pleased to read your comments and sends his warm regards to the both of you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Rafayel on your next visit.

Kind regards
Hotel Management
Victoria Capital Regional District, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Don't get me wrong, the hotel was ok. I would put it at a 3.5 star hotel at most. The room we were in was very dark with black wall paper. The re-circulated air kept me and my husband up at night. I had phoned before hand to confirm our reservation and request non-feather bedding (as I'm allergic). We were informed on check in that they didn't have that requested and that we had to wait another 1/2 hour to change the room. This after a 9 hour flight and brutal subway transit ride to get to the hotel. The staff should be informed as to which lines are operating or not as we were given directions (on that morning) that did not work. After getting off the subway twice to try and change a nice conductor helped us figure it out. The reception desk seemed nice and they did lend us an iron. The breakfast at the restaurant seemed overpriced, but I can highly recommend the friendly neighbourhood pub "The Asparagus" (blue building down the street towards Clapham Junction). It was great! And the atmosphere (except on New Years) was quiet and the sound proofing seemed well done. Overall I wish we had a view of the river (we had the driveway) and the room had been lighter. The wi fi was ok and there was a big safe in the room which was great. The bathroom was top notch and I liked the shower. The soaps were a bit too much for me though my husband didn't notice anything (I'm allergic to a lot of smells notice a trend). There shuttles were right on time and they always seemed helpful (which I'm told is not an English trait). Overall, not bad value for money but not five stars.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river Thames.
Dear Guests

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. We appreciate your feedback and would just like to address some of the points you have raised.

Regarding your request for non-feather bedding, I can assure you that this comment had been noted prior to your arrival. You arrived however a few hours before our normal 2PM check in time and as we had not yet been able to prepare the room for you with your special request, we kindly asked you to briefly take a seat in our lobby until the room was ready. We can completely understood that you would have been feeling tired and jet lagged after such a long flight and did everything we could to get the room ready for you as quick as possible.

We are sorry that the directions you were given to our hotel turned out to be somewhat unhelpful due to one of the underground lines having technical issues on that day. All our front of house team are trained to give guests accurate and up to date travel information although it can occur at times (and actually fairly frequently during the last couple of weeks I might add) that services are stopped abruptly and that there is then a slight delay before the information on the official transport for London website is updated.

We are pleased that you mentioned various positive aspects of your stay, notably the quality of our bathrooms and the punctuality of our shuttle service whilst also commenting on staff being friendly and helpful.

Thank you for staying at the Rafayel and we hope to see you again in the future.

Kind regards
Hotel Management

Been to Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!