“P R ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   34 Lombard Road | Falcon Wharf, London SW11 3RF, England (Clapham / Battersea )   |
Ranked #139 of 1,054 Hotels in London
A TripAdvisor Member
“P R ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel has a nice view on Thames River Bank & the place is very good , & the reception were helpful , cleaning is daily which made the stay is pleasant , but one thing that between time & other the helicopters are little bit noisy special in morning time , however , in future i will come again..

Stayed September 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My partner and I stayed here for one night on 12th September as I was participating in a charity event nearby. When we arrived we were informed that we had been upgraded to a suite - room 603. This was a pleasant and unexpected touch that got the stay off to a good start. The lady at reception was helpful and polite and assisted us in booking a table at the hotels restaurant. We were shown to the apartment which in the surface was good with excellent views of the Thames. However, on looking around the room there were a number of marks on the walls, the bath towels were all frayed around the edges and the bath still had hair in it from the previous occupiers. More alarming was the fact there was blood on the walls close to the headboard in the second bedroom - we did take pictures to send to the hotel along with other marks. This unfortunately tainted the stay somewhat. We did notify the reception desk who said they would pass it on but we have emailed the hotel directly as messages aren't always sent. Overall for £140 a night I expected at least a clean and bodily fluid free room

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My partner booked the rafayel as a surprise for my birthday between the 9th and 11th September. Upon arrival at clapham common our free shuttle service turned up with a very friendly and knowledgeable driver. We asked the few drivers we encountered a number of questions and all were answered with great knowledge and friendliness.

Upon arriving at the hotel we were informed that we head been upgraded to a bigger suite with a Jacuzzi bath. The room was lovely very modern with lots of gadgets (which we found a little confusing). Also in the room was birthday cars and some complimentary free cakes for my birthday, which was a nice touch. The hotel staff could not do enough to help us we had a problem with the shower and a member of staff came straight away to help us resolve this.

Although this hotel is a little bit further away form central London using the free shuttle service do not overlook this. I can guarantee you won't find the same standard of hotel for this price anywhere elsein London.

• Stayed September 2014
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Me and my partner visited the hotel for her birthday and have just got back from hotel Rafayel in which we throughly enjoyed our stay. On arrival to Clapham Junction we had booked a hotel driver to pick us up, which is a very nice touch considering its free of charge.the driver was very bubbly and talkative and started our day off nicely. We had booked one of the amazon rooms but on arrival to the hotel reception we was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a massive two floor, two bedroom(both with en suite) hotel apartment with some stunning views of the river Thames. Bed was very comfertable and bathroom/shower was great. Banyan resturant was very good food for very good price 50% off for being hotel customer. The staff that I came across during my stay were very friendly and helpfull. Would definitely stay again , good value for money. Thanks

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. My boyfriend booked this as a surprise for my birthday and I was very impressed. The hotel is very modern and stylish and really liked the calming ambiance of the place. Loved the double shower and bathroom - it was really pretty.
We dined in the restaurant for breakfast and dinner and the food was incredible. Perfectly cooked with a great service. Would definitely come back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed on business at this hotel and found the rooms really big for London. I don't know what type of room I had, but it was huge and full of all modern gadgetry. I didn't want to leave the room to go out to the awards I was going to. I would have been far happier to stay in the room and watch TV and enjoy the room.
Breakfast was good too.
My only criticism is that the hotel is quite far from any tube station, but they do offer a bus service to and from local tube stations (I seem to remember). I took a taxi to the tube station.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for a night while we were in London. As it was a rushed trip (trying to fit London in in 36 hours is a feat), we didn't spend all that much time exploring the amenities of the hotel. The staff was nice and helpful, the rooms were beautiful and the overall experience was great. The one criticism is that it isn't on the tube line and our cab driver had no idea where it was. Most of the time we opted for walking the 3.5 km into the city centre, which was fine since we had nice weather but would be a pain in the rain! Overall a good experience in a beautiful hotel with a friendly staff!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!