I booked this hotel for my partners 30th birthday, i work for a hotel chain myself but wanted to book something a bit more nicer to really enjoy our weekend away. I called the hotel serval times before arriving and they did say they may be able to upgrade beacuse of the birthday and they would decorate the room accordingly, if the hotel wasnt fully booked. when we arrived nothing was mentioned about an upgrade. Check in was fine but as i was happy to pay the £50 card desposit for the mini bar ect but they could have asked or explained it better. The room we got was there standard room overlooking the main road so wasnt the greatest view. Also on their website it doesnt state that not all rooms have a bath, all we got in our room was a shower however it didnt bother us too much just would have been nice to choose between a bath or shower. the room was spacous, but found quite a few patches of dust and one of our bed side lights were not working one of the nights. During the night we turned off the heating but the room was very hot! as there was no windows to open in the room and we couldnt figure out if there was air con, so both nights we found it very hard to get a decent sleep. We also found they only give you two tea bags and you have to request more, one night my partner asked twice for tea bags to be brought to the room before anyone did anything about it. I was impressed with the shuttle service but sometimes there was a delay of up to 2 hours, so sometimes we just walked to our destination which wasnt great when the rain started. My only big issue with this hotel is the staff do not offer a 5 star service. I felt like the staff were under trained which was a massive shame, it seemed like the only word they used when things go a little wrong was 'im sorry' and they wernt capable to dealing with issues they just left it up to us to deal with it, they seems ditsy and unproffesional at times. there could be up to 4 people behind the reception desk and none of them even thought to say hi is there anything i can help with (im not sure if im more aware of these things because i work in the hotel industry) surely if your offering a 5 star hotel each and every member of staff should be going above and beyond the call of duty and remember the guests come first!! we werent planning on eating in the restaurant but our plans changed one of the nights so decided to stay in and go there for some food. the food was PERFECT, one of the best meals ive had in a long time. As we went for the 2 course we had a main and a dessert and because they didnt want us to go without a starter they brought out a bread board which i thought was a really nice touch and kept us going before the mains came out. Only grumple was the drinks were quite expensive but you get that in most places. In all we had a great time and my partner was happy that the hotel recongised he had a birthday from the card in the room. But i am not certain it was a 5 star and was a massive shame about the staff issues beacuse it could have been a brilliant hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel & Spa London, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 65 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.00 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Splendia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.