“Only a "PC/console game", a fixed chair, and you are not allow in control” 1 of 5 stars
Review of iPILOT Flight Simulator Experience London/Westfield

Improve this listing
Ranked #417 of 1,018 Activities in London
Type: Game/ Entertainment Centers, Amusement
More attraction details
Owner description: London, home of great attractions including the London Eye, Madame Tussauds and The Tower of London now also boasts the first Flight Simulator in the capital."What a great Experience, highly recommended" comments THE OBSERVER.Available at Westfield London for tourists and Londoners alike to enjoy, iPILOT is a dream for budding pilots, allowing you to take control of a major passenger jet, with guidance from qualified pilot instructors, in a flight simulator similar to those used to train future pilots, starting at a hugely affordable GBP 49 for a flight Experience.The simulator gives you a choice to fly from and to 24000 different airports – allowing you to try to land into some of the trickiest airports and taking in panoramic views of some of the most beautiful cities in the world! Visitors to London might also want to recreate their own flight with themselves at the controls.As features by CNN, the Sunday Times, the Observer, The Telegraph
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Only a "PC/console game", a fixed chair, and you are not allow in control”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

If you never played a flight simulator game, then you may enjoy it. If you did, you better waste your money somewhere else. This is not a real flight simulator (ie full control and movment), it is just a fixed chair with some extra joysticks and buttons around. The "instructor" never let me touch anything than the steering, and engines throttles, and he kept manouvering himself the next second i was not doing something as he expected. I played many flight simulator games, i know the principles of flying, and i was shocked not to be let in control. Plus this is a very slow game, and the instructor will not let you do any aggressive manouver. Buy yourself a £15 PC/console simulator and a joystick, and play it at home (on your big TV) indefinitely and the way you want.

• Polish first
London
4 attraction reviews
“Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

As an aviation fan, I found this a great experience. The simulator is very detailed which is only enhanced by having a professional acting as a first officer.

Overall great value for money, especially when compared to a moving flight simulator that can charge 10x more for a reasonably similar experience.

Visited September 2012
Harpenden, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Worth doing if you want the experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I am a bit of a closet pilot, have had hands on in a 4-seater single-engined fixed wing and 2 helicopters. Very interested in aviation. Wanted the feel of a big jet (apart from the VC10 sim I "bounced" many years ago.
Flight deck was quite realistic, good graphics, but no motion. They have 2 sims, the one near the front of the shop is rather open to onlookers, whereas the one at the back is more enclosed.
It gave me a good feel for the response you get to the controls in a 737.
The instructor was excellent - I wanted to do landings and managed several in my 60 minute slot, ranging from Luton (twice?), Madiera and the notorious old Hong Kong airport. Instructor gave me what guidance I needed, but let me do the "flying" when I wanted to.
Most enjoyable and instructive experience. I would go for a lot more if it was cheaper.

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Night time flight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Booked a night time flight which due to time I could make it at night, they found a spot in the day for me. So I got the day time flight for night time price.bit of confusion when turning up as they were busy/I didn't know they had two simulators .
As for the experience itself I had no problems at all, gives you just a taste of what happens in flight.
In the hour I flew from Heathrow to luton,then Amsterdam before landing at Stockholm,final destination was Sint Maarten which the Pilot said I nailed really good for a first timer !

Visited July 2013
Pomezia, Italy
“Worth the money you pay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

As I was on holiday in London and my hotel was near Westfield, I found iPilot while walking around the shopping centre. I am only 15 and I'm just a guy who would love to be a pilot. I chose the 15mins experience as I didn't have enough money for a longer one. Although there wasn't enough time to make a full flight, I enjoyed it a lot. It was so realistic and interesting that I wouldn't have left that cockpit for no reason. The instructor was very kind and friendly. I would reccommend my friends to go there if they're visiting London.