“What a great evening” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hairy Goat Photography Tours

Hairy Goat Photography Tours
Bank Tube Station, London EC3V 6LA, England (City of London)
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Expedia
Book a Class
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Hairy Goat is a London photography walking tour company providing tours such as the non-instructional London Photography Mystery Tour, the instructional London Photography Tour, photography workshops and personal photography tuition. Each tour contains an element of the Mystery Tour as we go to unplanned locations. We discover the often un-noticed and unexpected treasures of London and the tours are aimed at people who like to take photographs and those who like to explore a city, while learning something about it. Group sizes are small, the tours are very interactive and lots of fun. For more details of Hairy Goat photography tours, plus photography workshops and personal tuition, please go to the website.
London
“What a great evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I was given the Night Photography Tour as a Christmas Present. I wasn't entirely sure what to expect and what I was getting myself into. However, the tour was beyond all my expectations. The class size was relatively small - only three people - and our tour guide was obviously a very experienced photographer, so we were already guaranteed to get a lot from the evening. We met up at London Bridge just before sunset and the next three and a bit hours simply flew by. We only covered the section of the river between London Bridge and Tower Bridge, but there was plenty to see and do in that small section of London. We experimented with White Balance, Histograms, over (and under) exposure, zooming during exposure, and many more techniques. We finished with a classic shot of red tail lights along Tower Bridge. Well recommended to anyone with a fair understanding of photography who wants to try something new. Or, if you've tried night photography and been unhappy with your results, learn the tried and tested techniques that give you results you can be proud of.

Visited February 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Fun, instructive & interesting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

I took a Mystery Tour and had a great afternoon. Although I worked in The City for well over ten years, Corinna showed me loads of sights and nooks and crannies that I had never spotted in all the years I had been busily bustling about the Bank area.

I received tons of insight into camera settings, shot composition and how often 'less is more' in a shot. The use of puddles and glass buildings for reflection shots were things I never considered before this tour.

As a bonus, Corinna's historical knowledge of The City was a great talking point. Throw in the fact she is fun and you have a great value afternoon out.

“London Mystery Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Booked as a birthday present for my husband, lucky enough to be the only two on the tour. We both work in the city but Corinna still managed to find us alleys and streets we didn't know and pointed out details and photo shots we have walked past every day without noticing. We both found Corinna very helpful and knowledgeable, she gave us some great tips for getting the most out of our cameras, reminding us of useful features you forget when you don't use them everyday. Very relaxed, enjoyable and informative and worth doing again.

Visited December 2013
11 attraction reviews
“Educational and fun - absolutely worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Bought myself a Fuji X100S as a (premature) birthday present and wanted to do more with it than just using it on automatic. I had come across a Hairy Goat walking tour before and managed to locate the flyer I got at the time - I am glad I kept it. I went on an educational tour with Corinna and it was a brilliant experience. Very personal, right from the booking confirmation, easy about the fact that I could only turn the camera on and understood very little about anything else (the camera's manual, while written in English, seemed to be written by somebody who clearly was an expert writing for experts ...). My original great first impression was not disappointed during the tour. We had two other people (all beginners) on the tour and Corinna took good care of each of us. We all had different cameras, Corinna mastered them all and explained the basics. While aperture, shutter-speed and ISO were foreign to me, I am now reasonably OK to explain (albeit with the help of a piece of cake to explain the aperture fraction ;-)) them - more importantly, I can use them!
Great advice, good conversations, the cheat-sheet and the little guide-book she gave us came in handy already - and I loved her ideas about developing an 'eye' for good photo opportunities. Loved the fact that the tour was really unhurried - Corinna had all the time in the world to take care of us - really well done and money well spent. Will definitely be back for a walking tour (less instructional) - can highly recommend!

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“What a fantastic way to learn about photography!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I had a one-to-one beginners session with Corinna including both day and night time photography. Corinna has a very personable style, which meant that the whole experience was very relaxed and friendly from the off. After some early instruction on my camera and the basics of setting aperture, shutter speed and ISO we set of to practice in and around London. Corinna remained patient and encouraging as I worked through the learning to set my camera (and as I wrestled with the tripod!!) and at the end of the day I have got some great photos and some new skills that I am now very motivated to keep practising. I couldn't recommend this more highly...just the inspiration I needed. A big thank you to Corinna and Hairy Goat!