“Even better the second time around” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hairy Goat Photography Tours

Hairy Goat Photography Tours
Bank Tube Station, London EC3V 6LA, England (City of London)
Website
Improve this listing
Book Now

Ranked #11 of 612 activities in London
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Hairy Goat is a London photography walking tour company providing tours such as the non-instructional London Photography Mystery Tour, the instructional London Photography Tour, photography workshops and personal photography tuition. Each tour contains an element of the Mystery Tour as we go to unplanned locations. We discover the often un-noticed and unexpected treasures of London and the tours are aimed at people who like to take photographs and those who like to explore a city, while learning something about it. Group sizes are small, the tours are very interactive and lots of fun. For more details of Hairy Goat photography tours, plus photography workshops and personal tuition, please go to the website.
Libertyville, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
“Even better the second time around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Our tour guide was great. We were excited to go out again with Hairy Goat. We ventured to a new area that we would not of found with our guide. We got great pics of the Christmas scene throughout different parts of London. My sister learned a lot and really enjoyed the attention. We will look forward to going out with Hairy Goat again -fun, knowledgeable, and personable.

Visited December 2013

Nashua, New Hampshire
“Fantastic combo day and night time tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

This is a long overdue review for Corinna of Hairy Goat, but I guess it is better to be late than never.

My wife and I had a last minute trip to London last October to attend our niece's wedding. We had a 1 day free in our schedule so I decided to google for a photo tour guide in London. After reading a few reviews which were all positive, I decided to go with Corinna of Hairy Goat, and I did not regret a single bit.

Given the short time to prepare, Corinna was very accommodating, and she was in touch the whole time, even making a couple of long distance call to the US to set up our itinerary. I specified to Corinna that we wanted to be taken to the not-so touristy spots in London and that we would like to do more of the street and photo shooting as well as night photography. Corinna definitely delivered, plus more.

My wife and I have different skill levels when it comes to photography. My wife is a total beginner, she doesn't know her ISO, from her apertures nor her shutter speeds. Before the end of the tour, she was shooting in manual mode and her night shots came out very good, some of which I think even came out better than mine! She learned a lot from Corinna that night, things that took me years to learn.

I, on the other hand wanted to work on my people street photography skills. And one thing I learned from Corrina was how I should think about my shots. When we find a subject to shoot, for example, we would stop, and Corinna would walk me through the thought process and how I should construct the shot. This was a truly eye-opening bit of information.

We booked Corinna for a combined 6 hours, but we ran for over 8 hours that by the end of the night Corinna was still at it and she didn't seem to mind that we had gone over the time. And being tourists in London, she walked us all the way to the Underground station and made sure we got on the right train.

Corinna is a great teacher and I hope she knows how good she is. The only thing I wished was that we were just close by so that I can do more of her tours. When we go back to London, which is just a matter of time, we will definitely do one or more of her tours again.

We went home that night with lots of beautiful photos and a friend for life! I would not hesitate to recommend Corinna and Hairy Goat anytime.

Great job, Corinna and we will see you again soon.

Celso

Visited October 2013
“Night Photography workshop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

We're a group of friends With an interest in photography and varying levels of ability and five of us booked with Hairy Goat for the Night Photography workshop. After meeting our instructors, Corinna and Robert in Trafalgar Square before dusk, we're were guided through a few basics to ensure we were set up for the evening and guided through some techniques for shooting through light, dusk to full dark. With two instructors to only five guys, we were well looked after and Corrina and Robert made sure that we all got plenty of attention! helping us with shot framing, use of aperture and shutter priority modes, ISO settings and using our in camera information to understand what it is that we were doing and how to change what the camera would normally do for us automatically to alter how the shot could come out how we wanted it to, not how the camera would "optimise" it for us.....the difference in output was clear to see. This was a fun night that really improved my appreciation of how to use the camera to get different results, how to use the information available in my camera and most importantly, made me much more confident in using the aperture and shutter priority modes to manipulate the shot. We were schedule for a 3 hour tour from 3 pm, but even though Robert did have to leave shortly after 6pm, Corinna stayed on with us until after 7 pm, continuing to give tips long after she could have clocked off. The Hairy goat team are enthusiastic and fun and their attitude really made the night photography workshop and enjoyable experience, even in the rain, which made the shots come out even better with the reflective surface of the ground.

Visited December 2013
Aviano, Italy
“Wonderful Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

This tour was more than a great time, it was very informative. I am a photography student and Corinna taught me things I haven't even been taught in class. She is a great guide and teacher. If you are looking for a great time with great company, this is the place to book your tour! Next time I'm in London I will be booking another tour.

Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Awesome!!! Fantastic day out and excellent tuition!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I came along to 3 of your fabulous courses just over a year ago (beginner, intermediate and night photography!) It was great to see parts of London we've never seen before, even though we live so close. We learnt so much from Rob and Corinna and their great advice has really helped us. Our holiday snaps look VERY different from how they used to!!! I have just had one of my photos shortlisted in a Nikon photo competition!

Visited May 2013