“The best photography tour ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hairy Goat Photography Tours

Hairy Goat Photography Tours
Bank Tube Station, London EC3V 6LA, England (City of London)
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Expedia
Book a Class
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Hairy Goat is a London photography walking tour company providing tours such as the non-instructional London Photography Mystery Tour, the instructional London Photography Tour, photography workshops and personal photography tuition. Each tour contains an element of the Mystery Tour as we go to unplanned locations. We discover the often un-noticed and unexpected treasures of London and the tours are aimed at people who like to take photographs and those who like to explore a city, while learning something about it. Group sizes are small, the tours are very interactive and lots of fun. For more details of Hairy Goat photography tours, plus photography workshops and personal tuition, please go to the website.
4 attraction reviews
“The best photography tour ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I took a mystery photography tour on my second day in London. There were only two people in the group including me and it was perhaps the best photography ever I've taken. Our guid, Bob made the tour very special. He was very knowledgeable with the history of the area and all the cool places guide books don't talk about. We got to see many hidden places where people living in London don't know. Also Bob gave us great photography tips and that made all the pictures I took during my trip more interesting. I think I know my camera better because of Bob, too.
I highly recommend this tour to people visiting in London and living in London. I'd love to take their night photography tour when I go back to London in future.

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent photography course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was a superb course. Steve turned me from someone who relied on automatic settings to somebody who now understands, and is comfortable with, using the manual settings on my camera inside a couple of hours. We then went and practised the techniques he had taught us, and benefited from his hints and tips on creative vision. This course has changed the way I view photography. I feel infinitely more confident in using my camera.

Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania, USA
8 attraction reviews
“Great Night of Photography”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had a great time on my tour. Steve, my guide was excellent, and I got some awesome shots that will give me years of great memories. I highly recommend this tour to anyone who has a DSRL camera and wants to take pictures like the pros. Steve made something simple that always seemed beyond my reach, how to make the perfect photo. I spent the next week using what I learned to make great pictures in all weather conditions. This experience truly changed my photography outlook and will allow me the ability to enjoy this hobby like never before. Anyone who takes this tour will have a photographic revelation. Hairy Goat and Steve really opened my eyes to new opportunities with the camera.

London, United Kingdom
“Hairy Goat Mystery Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I bought a Hairy Goat voucher for my boyfriend (and for myself!) for Christmas and we recently went on the Tour with our brand new DSLRs (instruction manual just about read, never used an DSLR before). There were three of us on the tour, and Robert was our guide. Despite the freezing cold, we had an absolutely brilliant 3 hour tour. I work in the City, but was amazed at just how seldom I "look" at the City, and Robert showed us some absolute gems of places, all the while making really helpful suggestions on composition as well as patiently showing us how all the buttons worked on our cameras! I also learned so many interesting bits of history and facts about the City - Robert had such a wealth of knowledge about the area. The cold was quite debilitating - I'm sure at one point my jaw was locked solid from the cold let alone my fingers - so if you do go on the tour in winter WRAP UP! We will definitely do it again - but it's also inspired me to "pick a project" (doors, animals, shapes, etc) and just go out walking with my camera. Top notch and thank you very much Robert and Hairy Goat!

7 attraction reviews
“A highlight of my trip! Well worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I had just acquired a new Nikon DSLR and wanted to take it on my trip to London… but I had NOT had a lot of time to learn all of the camera’s bells and whistles. I opted for Corinna’s personal four-hour session, one-on-one, and I’m so glad that I did it! Corinna was sooooooo personable and very knowledgeable about cameras. For the first part of our session, in a quite coffee shop, she taught me my camera’s functions patiently and in a way that was easy to understand. Then she spent the rest of our time taking me to great spots for shots all over London. The whole time, she was explaining things and providing support… and pointing out more great shots! She made the whole process really fun and easy. She also gave me several pages of take-away info, along with a cheat sheet with the basics. On top of that, she sent me some “homework” to help me practice my new skills. The next time I’m in London, I will definitely book one of her mystery tours!!!