“Nice and cosy bed & breakfast hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Five Kings Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   59 Anson Road, London N7 0AR, England   |
Ranked #818 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
“Nice and cosy bed & breakfast hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed in Five Kings Hotel with my friend for one week. Location was great, just a little walk from Tufnell Park underground station. There was also a small shop opposite underground station where you can buy fruits, juices, food etc. Hotel was in middle of neighborhoods and surroundings were beautiful, like a little piece of traditional England. We were staying a room with shared facilities. Before our trip I was littlebit prejudiced because I haven't never been in hotel like that, but my worries were unnecessary. Toilet and shower wich was in common use were always clean. Room was quite small but comfortable. Afterall, if you are coming to London you won't spend all your time in hotelroom. Staff was great and helpful. I would say this is nice hotel to be in and price-quality rate is in its place. Definitely going back there when coming to London next time :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Middleton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We booked this hotel as we were gong to see an event at the HMV forum. this hotel is one tube stop away from Kentish Town where the forum is. It is a lovely location, away from the city by a few minutes but is it quiet and feels safe around there.
We arrived at 3ish and were let in immediately, served very quickly and informed that we DID have a bathroom and didn't have to share - we stayed in room 6. we were very relieved by this as we didn't fancy a communal bathroom. it is also a B&B which we were unaware of until we arrived.
when checking in you are given your two keys - the front door and the bedroom door. the bedroom door lock doesn't seem too great but it kept people out!
The room is small - but had a good set of drawers, and a rail to hang up coats and what not. There is a freeview TV but it had signal issues. the bed is a nice comfy double and there was a small window letting plenty of light in. The bathroom was amusing - similar to that of a caravan or a bathroom in a ferry bedroom! the door was several inches off the floor, and the bathroom was so small you could sit on the toilet and were literally in the shower! We were happy with it tho- it covered our needs - a good shower, a working toilet and a sink with running water. there was also a mirror in there and plenty of toilet roll supplied.
In the morning we were greeted by a happy gentleman who informed us that breakfast was included. the breakfast room is down in the 'basement'. Hot breakfast consists of 2 bacon and 2fried egg. There is bread/toast, croissants, cereal, fresh fruit juice and hot drinks available as well.
the room served its purpose - a good CLEAN bed, storage and a CLEAN bathroom. we had a great sleep and a nice breakfast.
we paid £75 which is a bargain in London. Don't Expect the best and you wont be let down :) its a simple B&B.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

What can I say, I've stayed here twice. Family rooms are cramped but who cares? You are staying in London for next to nothing. Staff are impersonal, but thats ok, they're busy!! Gotta say I'd go back again and again and again. If you are overly fussy and expect everything to be 100% perfect for such little money, then you would be better off staying at home. The breakfast is alright, the staff are alright and the bedroom is alright.. what else do you need. Beds are clean, comfy and we even got a shower in our room. Fussy people need not apply!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We had read the reviews which seemed mixed and thought well the pictures and website seem ok so maybe people were expecting too much from a basic b&b, however, all the bad reviews were correct - this is terrible place - the staff were ok, not overly pleasant but there was a bit of a language barrier us being Scottish - when we got to the room we were shocked at how awful it was - 3 beds squeezed in to an attic room, grubby and shabby, paint pealing where the roof had leaked at some point - then we opened the bathroom door - it smelt really bad and was horrible and filthy, it resembled an old caravan fitting, filthy broken plastic and the shower was unfit for use so we didn't. We weren't expected much but it was really awful! Breakfast was served in a surprisingly ok room with a lovely garden. I would never stay at this place again.

Room Tip: No good rooms at this place
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bristol
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Location from central London is a bit of a trek but once there we were greeted by very friendly staff.

Room was okay - very much low end of the budget, but did the job. Showers are separate and communal (which normally worries me) but again it was what we needed.

If you want to book a room I definitely suggest contacting them directly - we would have saved £18 per night

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Beware: There is no way to contact the hotel. When you call the number for this hotel you are actually being connected to a travel agent instead of the hotel staff.

I spoke to a travel agent from Travel Tura. I asked if there were any available rooms for this hotel and the travel agent requested my Card Details before she would contact the hotel to check for availability. She said, very nicely, that no charge will be taken if they cannot find a room or if I change my mind. She said, the taking of the card details "is just a normal procedure for making a booking" as they take a 10% deposit if I was to book a room through them. So I very naively thought this seems legitimate, she sounds like she knows what she is doing, and I gave her my details.

She told me there was a room available and I was told that when I go to the hotel I will be able to pay the balance there. I agreed to this. However, 2mins after making the booking and paying the deposit, I changed my mind. I called them and I got no answer. I called them lots of times for the next 10 mins and still...no answer.

I assumed that all I lost was my deposit as they told me on the phone that when getting to the hotel, it is then that I will be expected to pay the balance. But NO, they charged me for a full nights stay...and I never even set foot in the hotel.

Be careful when speaking to Travel Tura - They will take your money without your permission

Room Tip: If you are looking for a hotel similar to this it is better to look for the others on Anson road.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

So I know the Five Kings has received a lot of negative reviews. I'm not going to argue with them. Our experience was good enough though.

The rooms are definitely cramped. We had a room with a bathroom and shower ensuite. So no having to wander up the stairs to use the bathroom. Our room was clean, the shower was hot, the TV worked fine, and wi-fi was included. It also includes a breakfast of bacon, eggs, and beans. There was also cereal, fruit, bread, jam, juice and tea available.

At 55 GBP the price was decent. We chose it primarily for its location just a 5 minute walk from the family we were visiting. It is maybe a 15 minute walk to the tube and connected into the main transport line.

Would stay there again simply because of location close to family. Definitely would want to make sure to check out the room and realize you truly do get what you order and nothing else.

Room Tip: bathroom and shower in the room is definitely worth it!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Five Kings Hotel? Share your experiences!