“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #363 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Barcelos, Portugal
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

Excelent location, great value, beautiful and modern rooms, noce breakfast.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
PGHotelManagement, Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this review, March 17, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking out your valuable time for writing lovely comment with regards to your stay with us. it encourages us to provide and strive for the best service to all our guests.i have already shared your valuable feedback with my team members. we hope that you will visit us soon and give us the chance once again to serve you in near future. regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
PONTEFRACT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

Trying to find reasonable accommodation in London for business travel is difficult unless you want to start paying upwards of £150per night. For under a hundred pounds per night, I've tried a few and had some real shockers! This little gem is tucked away in a quiet location but very convenient for Paddington tube or main line routes.
The staff are very efficient and courteous on reception. The rooms are modern, clean and have everything you need.
All in all, I was really surprised and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
PGHotelManagement, Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this review, March 13, 2011
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

The hotel is approx 10 mins walk from the tube station. The staff team are possibly the most welcoming and friendly hotel staff I have come across. Every single employee I came across smiled and acknowledged me - saying "Good morning" or "Good afternoon" as appropriate. Checking in was efficient and I was delighted with the room I was allocated. It was spacious with a modern shower room and a very compfortable bed. The breakfast was excellent - a limited choice but everything was freshly prepared and high quality - again the staff were lovely. All in all excellent value for a central London hotel. I will be staying again next time I am in London.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

I booked this hotel as it looked very nice and chic in pictures and had good reviews. It was for my boyfriends 30th birthday. I had emailed them twice previously asking if they have do anything special or provide extra services e.g. champagne on arrival however they did not even reply to my email which i found very rude.

The room itself was nice. Nice modern decor. However everything was very tight. Small room, small bathroom, very tight!

Distance from station is convenient but in my opinion could have been a bit closer considering you pass about 10 hotels on your way to park grand.

Only stayed for one night, couldnt stay more. Average hotel, not worth 4 stars.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

Me and my partner felt the rooms were quite tight and like a box. There were drawers situated under the bed which wouldn't pull out due to the bedside table being fixed in the place it was, which we felt was useless. Despite this, the room itself was incredibly clean and comfortable but we felt it lacked personal and storage space. The bathroom was also incredibly clean, but we had no idea there wouldn't be a bath and so it was a shower room, however there was under floor heating which kept the room warm and overall it was a pleasant stay.
We had troubles when we arrived, we thought that all the lights didn't work in our hotel as noone had told us how to switch them on, which was to put our room key in a holder. The staff were polite, but not very helpful.
Apart from this, our over all stay was enjoyable but I would recommend anyone that was staying for more than 3 nights not to do so, as it would become very uncomfortable in the small rooms.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
PGHotelManagement, Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this review, March 6, 2011
Dear Guest,
Let me start by thanking you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.
I apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying.Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit./ regards
Glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for two days at the end of February. My sister and I were very dissapointed with the size of the room as it was tiny and no mini-bar was available which we thought was unusual for a four star hotel. Wardrobe space was also extrememly limited, built into the panelling at the side of the bed. Once the shower was switched on it could not be switiched off, however, this was repaired promptly. The following day we could not get the shower on! Again it was repaired promptly but very inconvienient.

We booked the short break with ebookers and although it was an excellent price and represented good value for money the room size was very dissapointing. Overall the hotel was very clean, service was variable as we had to ask on two seperate occasions for staff to attend to us at the bar. The hotel is close to Paddington Station, however, work was being carried out on the underground at the weekends and we had to rely on taxis to transport us to the centre of London. (A minimum charge of £24 was levied)

If you don't mind very small rooms then I would recommend this hotel for value for money, but we found it too craustaphobic.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Cheshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

I booked to stay at the Park Grand for one night with my boyfriend on a recent trip down to London and i have to say it was brilliant value for money! Just a short 10 minute walk from Paddington tube station. We arrived early and were able to check in before the assigned time, which was great as we wanted to drop our bags and get out into town. Our room was just what we needed, clean, modern, comfy bed. Although Wifi was said to be available in all rooms we struggled to pick up a signal. The only other complaint i would have is that the walls seem to be paper thin, we had the pleasure of hearing the activities of the people in the room next to us!!! And when we tried to drain out the sound by turning the TV up we got complaints form the guests in the room on the other side of us, that the TV was too loud!!! Breakfast was included in the cost and there was a good selection of both hot and cold food! We we able to leave our bags for the day with the hotel until we were ready to pick them up, which saved us lugging them round busy London on a Saturday! There was a bit of confusion as to where they had been stored but they we recovered in the end! All in all we had a pleasant stay but i perhaps the hotel should purchase some sound proofing in their walls for the comfort of everyone!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Been to Park Grand London Paddington? Share your experiences!