“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #372 of 1,062 Hotels in London
England
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We chose this hotel purely because we got a great deal through Lastminute.com for this hotel, and I think we did OK.

The location is really good; nice quiet residential area in Bayswater, 5, 6 min walk to Paddington and closer to Bayswater (though much easier to just walk to Paddington) so we loved the handy location.

We got a free upgrade from Deluxe Double to Junior Suite on arrive which was great. I know there's been few reviews here pointing out how small the rooms are, and if anything goes by the Junior Suite we stayed, I totally believe that!

The Junior Suite we were given (room 421) was long and thin, which isn't issue. I thought the room space was well used, but the size of the room would have been size of normal or deluxe rooms in other hotels we've been to. I've stayed in other 4* hotel where the bathroom was the size of the entire Junior Suite at Park Grand. So I can only image how small standard and deluxe double rooms must be.

There also were few issues with the room. It did not detract (that much) from us enjoying the stay but nevertheless, it did annoy me somewhat:

- The mirror in the closet: why is the mirror there SO small and hung SO high up?? It's there to be used with the hairdrier, which is great, but I wonder if the hotel is aware not everyone is over 6' in height. I had to drag the chair into the close just to use the hairdrier with the mirror. And there are no other wall plug in position that would have let me use the mirror by the room door or the bathroom. So I wasn't impressed.

- Water leaked from the corner of shower cubicle - not the corner where the shower screen/door is opened, but the corner right by the shower itself. I guess you guys need to replace the seal.

- Air con is OLD, DUSTY and NOISY! I really was not impressed. I could see the layers of dust in the vent. The rattle woke me up during the night. Please fix this for sake of next customers.

- Window is single glazed = can hear everything from outside and can make the room cold no matter how much AC is on set at 30C degree. Sure, you have loads of windows to replace but why not invest in some double glazing? It's a good thing hotel is located in quiet area, but didn't stop drunk people outside at 4am waking us up, or the bin men coming at 6am.

- When we first arrived, we could not find the TV remote. We had to phone front desk to provide us with another one. So imagine my surprised when we came back to hotel after a night out, removed the duvet and voila, there's the remote in middle of the bed! I hope this was error by housekeeping and not some hotel policy that you are not allowed to watch TV until we are snugly in bed...

On another note, the staff were all every helpful and obviously the free upgrade was very much appreciated.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, go for Junior Suite. It's still not a big room but from the sound of other...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment with regards to your stay with us. It encourages us to improve and strive for the best service to all our guests. I have shared your valuable feedback with my team members and we hope that you will visit us soon and give us the chance once again to serve you in the near future.

Sofia Gomes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Have used this hotel on several occasions. I choose it for the central location, it is very convenient for where I like to go in London. The rooms are small and have only one chair even though two people occupy it. The wardrobes are small and not well located in the room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking out your valuable time to write a comment with regards to your stay with us. It encourages us to improve and strive for the best service to all our guests. I have shared your valuable feedback with my team members. We hope that you will visit us soon and give us the chance once again to serve you in the near future.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We visited the hotel this week, it was a great experience the front desk staff were excellent, Mark & Victoria were very helpful and did everything they could do to assist us during the check in, we were upgraded to a larger suite which was very nice, the front door staff were also very helpful spending a lot of time with us giving us directions to all the local attractions, the location of the hotel is very convenient by being located close to Paddington train station which has the fast train to Heathrow and has easy connections to the underground for going anywhere in the city,

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the service provided to you.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team members and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night. The rooms are small but manageable. Have all the necessary amenities, some are easy to use and some cumbersome. For e.g., the hair dryer is difficult to find, using the kettle for tea is really tough. I had forgotten my universal power convertor and the hotel didn't have any to spare. I would have rated 5 but for this inconvenience. Great location, friendly staff, good breakfast, so would recommend this hotel for short trips to London.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this review, November 28, 2013

Paris
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed with a friend at Park Grand in November. Were upgraded and very excited! Got to the room ...where i have a few comments and a couple of photos. The rooms are dark...dark dark timbers cover most of the walls and behind the bed ...can't see how to even open behind them to see if its a cupboard or not...bed and bathroom right up near the main door (and little foyer) whereas the rest of the room is complete vacant and you wish you had the space where you are actually sharing the main thoroughfare with someone else - instead of jumping on the bed to make space for them to pass! The entrance door and the bedroom door is quite large..taking up space to open and close in the room space...then you have to deal with the bathroom door - same size - all knocking into each other...Not comfortable! Finally the shower (I left the best or worse - till last!). My goodness...one look at it and I knew we were in for some trouble...the toilet roll is situated on the floor level for use once you are on the loo...totally ludicrous.. the shower has no wall just subdivided by a curtain between you and the rest of the bathroom and EVERYTHING GETS WET...it was a total horrible experience and for that reason I will never return...and never recommend. Its a real shame because the staff and breakfast were great...even with the noise from the upstairs elephants that the night manager tried to silence...but no...the shower from hell was the worse.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

The hotel has excellent staff, very knowledgable. Rooms are bit small but comfortable. Water pressure & temperature, as also room heating works extremely well ! Good location with easy access. Breakfast & meals are of high standard for this category of hotel. Bathroom amenities are good. Internet is fantastic, easy to use.

Room Tip: The junior suite .... where I eventually stayed is more comfortable, offers more space.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the service provided to you.

Wybunbury, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed here after a 13 hour trip from Hong Kong. Good nights sleep and the staff were all very helpful. Breakfast was great and the room was well designed.
Well priced and ony 5 mins from Paddington, 20 mins in total from Heathrow on the new Paddington flyer, would recommend to any weary traveller

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the service provided.

Sofia Gomes

Been to Park Grand London Paddington? Share your experiences!