We chose this hotel purely because we got a great deal through Lastminute.com for this hotel, and I think we did OK.
The location is really good; nice quiet residential area in Bayswater, 5, 6 min walk to Paddington and closer to Bayswater (though much easier to just walk to Paddington) so we loved the handy location.
We got a free upgrade from Deluxe Double to Junior Suite on arrive which was great. I know there's been few reviews here pointing out how small the rooms are, and if anything goes by the Junior Suite we stayed, I totally believe that!
The Junior Suite we were given (room 421) was long and thin, which isn't issue. I thought the room space was well used, but the size of the room would have been size of normal or deluxe rooms in other hotels we've been to. I've stayed in other 4* hotel where the bathroom was the size of the entire Junior Suite at Park Grand. So I can only image how small standard and deluxe double rooms must be.
There also were few issues with the room. It did not detract (that much) from us enjoying the stay but nevertheless, it did annoy me somewhat:
- The mirror in the closet: why is the mirror there SO small and hung SO high up?? It's there to be used with the hairdrier, which is great, but I wonder if the hotel is aware not everyone is over 6' in height. I had to drag the chair into the close just to use the hairdrier with the mirror. And there are no other wall plug in position that would have let me use the mirror by the room door or the bathroom. So I wasn't impressed.
- Water leaked from the corner of shower cubicle - not the corner where the shower screen/door is opened, but the corner right by the shower itself. I guess you guys need to replace the seal.
- Air con is OLD, DUSTY and NOISY! I really was not impressed. I could see the layers of dust in the vent. The rattle woke me up during the night. Please fix this for sake of next customers.
- Window is single glazed = can hear everything from outside and can make the room cold no matter how much AC is on set at 30C degree. Sure, you have loads of windows to replace but why not invest in some double glazing? It's a good thing hotel is located in quiet area, but didn't stop drunk people outside at 4am waking us up, or the bin men coming at 6am.
- When we first arrived, we could not find the TV remote. We had to phone front desk to provide us with another one. So imagine my surprised when we came back to hotel after a night out, removed the duvet and voila, there's the remote in middle of the bed! I hope this was error by housekeeping and not some hotel policy that you are not allowed to watch TV until we are snugly in bed...
On another note, the staff were all every helpful and obviously the free upgrade was very much appreciated.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Park Grand London Paddington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Grand London Paddington Hotel London
- Park Grand London Paddington England