“Great location, lovely staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Paddington

You added Park Grand London Paddington to your Saves list
Park Grand London Paddington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Queens Gardens | Bayswater, London W2 3BA, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #376 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Waterbury, Vermont
“Great location, lovely staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Staff was very helpful with several things, going above and beyond their responsibility. Always very nice and mindful of guest needs. Rooms typically small in London but comfortable. Loved the location near park, central attractions and to metro. Safe neighborhood.

Room Tip: Looked at basement room, asked to not be located there.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
southport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just returned from a wonderful two night stay in the Park Grand. it is an oasis of calm, able to sleep with window open, with exceptional staff and comfortable beds!!!! The breakfast was hot, fresh and inviting. The location is ideal for food, buses and tubes yet set in a wonderful side street away from it all. Will be going again.

Room Tip: Over looking gardens
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this review, May 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast and the service provided.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We were meant to be staying at the Shaftesbury Paddington (this was arranged by someone else) and had read the reviews which mention the problems with people gettting bad rooms or being moved around.
Sure enough we arrived on saturday evening and were told that we were bing moved to another hotel.
Luckily we were moved to the Park Grand Paddington which was a much nicer hotel! It was along the same street so it made no difference to our travelling plans and at the Park Grand breakfast was included. Previously it hadnt been.
The first night we were put in a room on the basement floor. The room was perfectly nice but as we were there for a week we feared cabin fever might set in.
We asked to get moved upsatirs and the very friendly reception staff said to come back in the morning as, being a saturday night there was nothing spare.
On the sunday mornign we asked again and the porter took us up to the 4th floor and gave us a choice of rooms to pick from. We got a lovely spacious room. It was very bright and airy and we were delighted .
The breakfast was consistently delicious with a great range of food.
We had drinks in the bar a few evenings and had dinner there on the first and last nights. The bar food was kind of basic (we got pizza and chips) but it was tasty and perfectly fine, as we were knackered.
The bar staff were friendly and attentive as well.
We couldnt have been happier with this hotel and would go back any time.
It is located just far enough away from Paddington station to be out of the seedy area but close enough that it is just a few streets away too. Perfect for watching the ins and outs of london life.
Just across from Hyde Park and round the corner from Lancaster Gate. Paddington station is only 5 minutes walk away and from there you can get the tube to anywhere in london. Lancaster gate station is closer but only serves the central line.

Really enjoyed this hotel and I wish I was back there now!

Room Tip: ask for an upstairs room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Well I booked this Bayswater hotel through Laterooms as it was very close to friends I was meeting for dinner the night before an early flight out of Heathrow. As it's close to Paddington it seemed like a good location and the rate was £99. I noted comments on earlier reviews on Laterooms that these guys seem to have a habit of deliberately "OVER BOOKING" their hotel and then expecting guests to have to have the inconvenience of going to another one of their hotels. As I only booked the same day as my stay I thought I would be safe. But alas I was wrong. Upon turning up I was met with some kind of excuse about "Systems Problems" which after having read previous reviews I just did not believe a word they were saying. They then tried to get me to go to one of their "5 star" hotels in Barbican! Oh just the other side of London then!? I explained that I was flying from Heathrow but before I could even add that I also needed to be in Bayswater in the evening they said "well we have a hotel at Heathrow"! After refusing quite vociferously I was asked to wait while they called "reservations". 15 mins later they said they were full and could not let me stay in the hotel I had booked but had all of a sudden found a room at another one of the Shaftsbury hotels 5 doors down the same street. What choice did I have? 8PM on a Saturday night either stay with them or find myself with the hassle of having to find a room. So I accepted their offer and then they wanted me to pay there and then before leaving to go to this other hotel. Unbelievable!! (I refused) What I see here is a mercenary bunch of "hoteliers" using Laterooms to overbook their hotel regularly and deliberately as a back door way of filling their other lesser hotels that don't get booked up. It's the last penny I will ever spend with their group. Oh and they still wanted me to pay the same rate I had agreed for their Premium hotel in Bayswater even after my experience and the fact I ended up in a much shabbier hotel a few doors away. Shocking.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Firstly thank you very much for choosing Park Grand Paddington.
Please accept my sincere apologies as we had to transfer you to one of our sister properties due to some unforeseen situation. I understand by your comments that you had a very bad experience and once again I apologize for the same. I will appreciate if you could send me your contact details to nitish@shaftesburyhotels.com in order for me to contact you directly and discuss the same in depth.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights, very central for everything. Room was nice but small. The bathroom was tiny found it hard to move around and especially for my partner as he was on crutches. Hotel is very clean and staff are friendly.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking out your valuable time to write a comment with regards to your stay with us. It encourages us to improve and strive for the best service to all our guests.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team members. We hope that you will visit us soon and give us the chance once again to serve you in the near future.

Rayleigh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night on business. Hotel is nice enough and was great value at £80 for the night. The room was small for even just one person and once you find the wardrobe it will fit one, maybe two shirts in it. That said, the room is clean and modern with a nice shower so as I say, just what is needed for a short, business stay.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed the stay with us.

Sofia Gomes

Been to Park Grand London Paddington? Share your experiences!