“nice place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Paddington

You added Park Grand London Paddington to your Saves list
Park Grand London Paddington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Queens Gardens | Bayswater, London W2 3BA, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #395 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Bratislava, Slovakia
“nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed in Westbourne room which is an average size for this part of London. If you carry plenty things you might be in trouble as the wardrobe is "inbuild" in the wall and does not provide that much space. Bed is very comfortable but unfortunately the TV is not very well positioned as the room has irregular shape and if you want to change the channel laying down it might be pretty challenging :).

They tried to get as much as possible from the space in the room by inbuild wardrobe or foldable desk but they forgot some other tiny things like hook for your coat or jacket.

Bathroom has a spacious shower - GREAT PLUS: heated floor.

Breakfast was really good with wide range of food so I don't really understeand those who are complaining about it.

Location is great - close to Paddington station, underground stations, shops and restaurants. But if you struggle to find the place on arrival it's better to ask for some nearby streets as well like Devonshire Terrace or Chilworth Street.

Another plus for central London is that the hotel has a lift. Internet connection was good but for the wifi you need a passward eventhough the network would show as free so ask for it right at the check-in.

The only minor complaint I have is that I wanted to close my bill the evening before my departure because I was leaving early in the morning but was told it's not possible.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this review, November 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
It encourages us to improve and strive for the best service to all our guests.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team members and we hope that you will visit us soon and give us the chance once again to serve you in the near future.

Sofia Gomes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We had 1 night in London mid week in Mid November. we chose the Park Grand because it had good reviews and looked OK in the pictures.
We arrived at around 16:00 and checked in without any hassles and wound up in a small room on the 4th floor. The decor was much as you can see in the pictures, all wood paneling, a double bed, private wet room, aircon etc. Nice enough room but it was small and I am not sure I'd want to stay in it for more than a couple of nights! We generally slep with a window open and we had the aircon set to 20 and the window open (but the room was that stifling hot temperature all hotels seem to keep rooms at when we arrived) so it was quiet enough to sleep with an open window in our room.
It was clean, it had a hairdryer (behind one of the panels), kettle (on a sliding tray in one of the cabinets), and most importantly it seemed quiet.
Breakfast was good and a minor quibble although the staff asked whether we'd like more coffee, took our pot away to refill, they never came back - we were breakfasting late but another pot of coffee would have been nice! Otherwise staff were fine and reasonably helpful (as long as you didnt want a late night drink in the bar!)
The area has a pretty good location, Paddington national rail and underground 5 minutes walk, Lancaster gate underground is a couple of minutes further. Hyde park is close at hand and theres an easy walk across to Harrods (abt 20 mins at a dawdle around the Serpentine). Theres a very interesting looking Lebanese restaurant just around the corner in Craven Road.

Why 4 / 5?
1: we got back from our evening out around 23:00 and would have liked a drink but the hotel bar was not open and local pubs were closing too.
2. We had a wet room with toilet and shower in it, when my wife used the shower (which was a good shower) there was a shower curtain dividing the toilet from shower area... except for the toilet roll holder so wound up with soggy roll of toilet paper.
3. The overhead bed reading light lights (2 of them) were operated together from one switch so take a reading light of your own if you dont want your partner trying to sleep with a halogen spotlight glaring down at them!
Otherwise it was fine... a little cheaper would have been welcome but all London hotels charge far too much for a room IMHO!!!

Room Tip: South side rooms overlooking Queens Gardens were quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking out your valuable time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
It encourages us to improve and strive for the best service to all our guests.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team members.
We hope that you will visit us soon and give us the chance once again to serve you in the near future.

Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I went to London with my girlfriend to watch the NFL game on Wembley. After booking I started rereading the reviews and I must admit I had my doubt about booking at this place after seeing so many all 5 star reviews by users with only one post (looks like the hotel is making their own reviews...). But I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel has a nice lobby and friendly staff. We had booked a clubroom and from what I can tell from the other reviews the extra money was well spend. The room was large considering it's a London hotel. Plenty of room to get around and even had space for a two person sofa. The street outside is really quite and we had no problems with the aircon or similar issues other people have mentioned. The breakfast was included and I didn't have high hopes for it (too much experience with hotel food), but this one was really great. A wide selection of food with the scrambled eggs as the star of the show - big fan here. The location is walking distance to Paddington station with plenty of tube lines to choose from (easy transport to Heathrow via HeathrowExpress). Takes 5 mins. to walk to Hyde Park. A few decent steak houses near Paddinton. If you are looking for a bite near the hotel go to the area of Queensway and Westbourne Grove. It is loaded with great pleaces.
Overall impression of Park Grand London Paddington is really good. Nice clean and almost stylish rooms.

Room Tip: Get a Clubroom, it's worth the extra punds.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Park Grand Paddington for your stay in London.
We are glad you enjoyed the room and service provided.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The Park Grand is a clean, conveniently located hotel with a nice breakfast and friendly staff. One minor item that I liked: the bar area had a great selection of free newspapers and magazines, including Wallpaper and Esquire. Some downsides: my double bed took up half the room; I could easily hear conversations and laughing from guests on either side; the tiny bathroom smelled of smoke, and its minuscule curtained-off shower area results in water getting all over the bathroom floor, including the toiler paper that for some odd reason is mounted right on the floor; and the wi-fi connection was inconsistent. Still, it's less than a ten minute walk to several tube stations, and it's a good value for the price.

Room Tip: I chose a Club Room, which is larger than many of the others.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Great hotel, great location, friendly staff, clean rooms, modern furniture. The room I got was not that spacious which was the only minus. Five minutes walk from Paddington station and close to Lancaster Gate.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We understand that you found the room small, however I would like to inform you that we have different categories of rooms which are bigger and I am sure you would be comfortable with that.
We are glad you enjoyed the service provided and we hope to welcome you back again.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hotel is perfectly situated being just a 5 minute walk to Paddington Station, Lancaster Gate Tube Station, 94 bus route to Regent Street and of course Hyde Park.
Every staff member we met were very pleasant and helpful. The breakfasts were plentiful with excellent service and staff friendliness. The room we stayed in, on the basement level, was quite spacious and comfortable.
I would highly recommend this hotel and we look forward to returning on our next visit to London.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed here at the start of our 6 week European Holiday. We stayed in the Cleveland room and it was a really nice and spacious room. we were extremely happy we picked this hotel. Very close to Paddington Station!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this review, November 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the room.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Sofia Gomes

Been to Park Grand London Paddington? Share your experiences!