We had 1 night in London mid week in Mid November. we chose the Park Grand because it had good reviews and looked OK in the pictures.
We arrived at around 16:00 and checked in without any hassles and wound up in a small room on the 4th floor. The decor was much as you can see in the pictures, all wood paneling, a double bed, private wet room, aircon etc. Nice enough room but it was small and I am not sure I'd want to stay in it for more than a couple of nights! We generally slep with a window open and we had the aircon set to 20 and the window open (but the room was that stifling hot temperature all hotels seem to keep rooms at when we arrived) so it was quiet enough to sleep with an open window in our room.
It was clean, it had a hairdryer (behind one of the panels), kettle (on a sliding tray in one of the cabinets), and most importantly it seemed quiet.
Breakfast was good and a minor quibble although the staff asked whether we'd like more coffee, took our pot away to refill, they never came back - we were breakfasting late but another pot of coffee would have been nice! Otherwise staff were fine and reasonably helpful (as long as you didnt want a late night drink in the bar!)
The area has a pretty good location, Paddington national rail and underground 5 minutes walk, Lancaster gate underground is a couple of minutes further. Hyde park is close at hand and theres an easy walk across to Harrods (abt 20 mins at a dawdle around the Serpentine). Theres a very interesting looking Lebanese restaurant just around the corner in Craven Road.
Why 4 / 5?
1: we got back from our evening out around 23:00 and would have liked a drink but the hotel bar was not open and local pubs were closing too.
2. We had a wet room with toilet and shower in it, when my wife used the shower (which was a good shower) there was a shower curtain dividing the toilet from shower area... except for the toilet roll holder so wound up with soggy roll of toilet paper.
3. The overhead bed reading light lights (2 of them) were operated together from one switch so take a reading light of your own if you dont want your partner trying to sleep with a halogen spotlight glaring down at them!
Otherwise it was fine... a little cheaper would have been welcome but all London hotels charge far too much for a room IMHO!!!
- Also Known As:
- Park Grand London Paddington Hotel
- Park Grand London Paddington Hotel London
- Park Grand London Paddington England
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Venere so you can book your Park Grand London Paddington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.