“its grand here !!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Paddington

Save Saved
You added Park Grand London Paddington to your Saves list
Park Grand London Paddington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Queens Gardens | Bayswater, London W2 3BA, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #431 of 1,075 hotels in London
“its grand here !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I was booked in a club room for two nights !! Right from the beginning till we checked out, the customer service was at its best !! The room was big for the two of us. It came with a complimentary bottle of wine and some fruits !!
The staff has been very professional and helping at all the times..
Would stay here again

• Stayed October 2012
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay in Park Grand London Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed the room and the service provided.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

1,300 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Excellent customer service. I've seen hotel staff walking people out with umbrellas to their taxis when it was raining. The hotel is in a quiet neighborhood with lots of cafes nearby. It is about 10min walk to Paddington or Lancaster Gate tube (next to Hyde Park)

I don't get the bathroom design. The "wet shower" could have been a decent way to manage small bathroom space only if shower curtain was extending all the way to the floor and there was a lip on the floor to contain water (similar to cruise ships). Instead the water splashes all over the bathroom including the door and seeps into the room. Putting a tower in the doorstep solves this problem, but I don't get why it was designed this way.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Park Grand Paddington for your stay in London.
We are glad you enjoyed the service provided and would just like to inform you that we have other rooms which have an enclosed shower instead of a curtain and I am sure you would be comfortable with that.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights October 2-4, I had no complaints till I checked out and they wanted to charge me for a breakfast that was included in the price. they backed off the charge I am assuming the error occurred during check in for breakfast. I stayed on the 1st floor (ground level in UK) in a Devonshire metro double room with a view out back onto other windows. I found the room slightly claustrophobic at first with all the surrounding wood paneling and when I closed the velvet drapes at night, otherwise, the room was spacious enough for me and certainly would have been fine for 2 people. the shower was good but required you standing pretty close to the wall as the rain head shower did not extend too far. Not a lot of room to hold your toiletries on the shelf near the sink either. the room and bathroom were clean, though I thought a little worn around the edges. When you walked into the room the little foyer rug was dirty and stained, not an immediate good impression. the breakfast was more than adequate though the tables were tight. I could not say the staff were friendly but rather polite. Otherwise by London room standards and for the price I thought the hotel was very good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking out your valuable time for writing comment with regards to your stay with us. It encourages us to improve and strive for the best service to all our guests. I have shared your valuable feedback with my team members. We hope that you will visit us soon and give us the chance once again to serve you in the near future.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Modern furnishings in the room (looked like the hotel had been refurbished recently), intelligent use of space, reasonable size bathroom, good shower (size and quality) and friendly, efficient service. If you plan to spend lots of time in the hotel room or need lots of space, the room may be too small. Otherwise, the room size should not be an issue (6 ft +). I have rebooked for next week!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay in Park Grand Paddington.
We understand that you found the room the room small, however I would like to inform you that we have different categories of rooms which I am sure you would be comfortable with.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Manteca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights, and it was very good. The room is small, but for London I wasn't surprised. It was very clean & modern and the room made very clever use of space. The hidden wardrobes were a cute touch. The double bed was comfortable. There was a good amount of natural light, though we didn't have a street view -- only could see some rooftops.

It is fairly close to both the Paddington and Lancaster Gate tube stations, so was very convenient. We had quite a bit of luggage but was still able to make it from Paddington on foot. The neighborhood is very quiet - wish I could afford a place here.

Didn't try the dining or gym, so can't comment on it. The staff at the desk were polite, but we had minimal contact.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay in Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed the room provided.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The hotel was nice. The service was good and the room clean.
The breakfast was not very good and quite expensive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Park Grand for your stay in London.
We are glad you enjoyed the room and service provided.

Sofia Gomes

Been to Park Grand London Paddington? Share your experiences!