“Great hospitality and warm atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lavender Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Lavender Guest House
You added The Lavender Guest House to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   18 Lavender Sweep | Battersea, London SW11 1HA, England (Clapham / Battersea )   |
Special Price
£10 off room rate
Ranked #19 of 535 London B&B and Inns
Vilnius, Lithuania
“Great hospitality and warm atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights at the Lavender Guest House with my family. We had a great time and we are very thankful for the great hospitality and warm atmosphere of John and Tony. Every morning we enjoyed our cooked breakfast and warm conversations at the brakfast time with the hosts. The rooms are very clean and comfortable! The location is good too - very close to the station. We will certainly stay here again if we need London accommodation!

Miss Lithuania
and family

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed at the Lavender Guest House for a business weekend. I was pleasantly suprised by the level of cleanliness and comfort. The free wifi connection was a fantastic opportunity for me to stay connected.

Room Tip: As I was on my own I had room 7 at the top which also has its own shower.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed three nights at The Lavender Guest House and enjoyed the warm welcome and helpfulness of John and Tony Houss. The rooms are very clean and well heated. We moreover enjoyed the homely atmosphere of the B&B.
Ariane A

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Well located with underground 5 min walk away & 1o mins to London Central. If you can put up with stairs & small rooms may suit however Budget Hotel would always be better proposition The staff were pleasant & run by a family over many years. Seemed popular

Room Tip: Go for biggest room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I have found The Lavender Guest House on Google map as we are looking for a B&B that is near the train station/subway for convenience for a 3 night stay. John and Tony Hooss have been great hosts to us during our stay. The rooms are clean, warm and comfortable and the home-made breakfast is terrific too! John (the owner of the house) have also been prompt to our requests. They even went to extra miles to help us get to know London better.

Highly recommended for travellers who are seeking for a reasonably-priced accommodation and convenient location in London.

Thank you John and Tony!

Preston and Denise
Singapore

Room Tip: Book early as rooms are limited and always full occupancy
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here was one night last Saturday as we were meeting old friends locally and the location was very convenient. The owner was very pleasant and our room(2) was spotless and very comfortable. Breakfast was good and served quickly. We checked out just after nine as we had other commitments at home and when we went to our car had a parking ticket as apparently this is a permit holder area which we didn't know as we'd parked in the dark in a marked bay right outside the guest house and the owner did not mention this. £130 parking ticket made this an expensive stay! The owner said he could have given us a permit if he knew we had a car! I do feel it would be a good idea for him mention this when you check in. Just a warning for other visitors

Stayed November 2012
forestdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I made enquiries and booked this place well ahead of my trip. John was very helpful via email and over the phone. I had to change plans last minute giving less than 48hrs notice but John was very understanding and re-arranged my booking for me and did not charge any penalties. I was greeted by Tony on arrival and was given a tour before I was shown to my room (room 6).
Everything was as expected, no surprises, WIFI worked well, room was clean and comfortable. Toilet and bathroom, although shared (as indicated on their website), was clean and was available whenever I needed to use it so not an issue at all.
Supermarket, shops, restaurants, buses and trains within a few minutes walk.
In summary, very good for location and cost.

Room Tip: room 6 is on the top level so enquire about other rooms if you want to avoid walking up and down too...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Lavender Guest House? Share your experiences!