“Great Value!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Town Hall Hotel

You added Town Hall Hotel to your Saves list
Town Hall Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Patriot Square | Bethnal Green, London E2 9NF, England   |
Ranked #94 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Francisco, California
“Great Value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Pros:
Comfortable & nice apartment.
Excellent service (available 24/7 for printing, info, maps, etc).
Complementary breakfast was awesome compared to some of the high-end US hotels.
A block or so away from the station & we ended up taking the underground everywhere during our stay.
Unlike most hotels, water, etc were complimentary & got replaced as part of room service.

Cons:
It is a bit pricey. But, well worth it in my opinion.

Conclusion:
Will definitely stay there again on our next visit to London.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for leaving us a note on our TripAdvisor page. It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you like our suites and its comfort. I glad to know that remained very satisfied with the service provided and that the breakfast quality was superior to what you normally get on high-end hotels in the US. Great to see you mentioning how easy it was to move about in London through the tube, which is indeed few minutes wall and 15 minutes to the most central side of the city. Thank you for also mentioning what else is included with your rate as part of our normal service and for recognise that in your opinion the hotel, the service and the products were really well worthier. I hope to welcome you back soon at the hotel in the near future. Many thank and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Letchworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We experienced a very warm friendly welcome. We were delighted with our room which had excellent facilities, a fully fitted kitchen with dining area and comfortable lounge area.
Very good quality bed and bedding,beautiful bathroom with lovely toiletries.
We enjoyed an hour in the luxurious pool uninterrupted followed by a great shower in a private changing room with more good quality toiletries.
Breakfast was another lovely experience with very friendly staff and a great choice of very good quality breakfast produce.
The staff were all very friendly and accommodating overall a very enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: We had a corner room on the 2nd floor dual aspect sunny room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
OpsMng, Director of Operatons at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for sharing your experience with us on our TripAdvisor page. I am delighted to hear of your experience and that you felt that the staff was very welcoming and warm in every encounter. I am pleased to hear that you liked the suites, its comfort, look and size. It is also nice to know that you enjoyed your breakfast and our corner room restaurant and that the staff there was also pleasant. Thank you for choosing us for your stay in London and I hope to be able to see you back with a warm welcoming in the near future.
Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
Portsmouth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Booked in for one night with Secret Escapes. Having read the reviews on Tripavisor I was very much looking forward to my stay at such an iconic building. Arrival and check in was effective but not over friendly. The room we were allocated on the ground floor was basic and did not look as nice as others I’d seen. The room looked well used, shabby and the furniture was very worn. The coffee machine did not work as we found out on our return at 12.00am, the shower attachment leaked and you could not turn the bed side light out without pulling out the bed. Visited the hotel pool which was so cold I was unable to swim more than two lengths. The room it would seem was below the 1st floor kitchen so at 6.00 am we were awoken to tables and chairs being moved around and the sound of pots and pans being thrown around in the kitchen. We gave up and got up and went up to breakfast (if you can’t beat them join them).

Well I can only say I thought I was in a back packer’s hostel. A small uninteresting pretentious breakfast spread with an equally pretentious head waiter. Anything other than toast or cereal was at a cost that was exorbitant even for London. We left and had breakfast down the road in a lovely restaurant called the Gallery.
On face value we paid £137 for bed and breakfast which was poor value to say the least. If we had paid the usual price which SE lists at £400 I would have been really unhappy at what I got.
Having just returned from the Hilton in Budapest were we stayed 3 nights in an executive suite for £170, had a very nice room and decent breakfast and good customer service this London Hotel seemed like overpriced 2 star. Having worked in Hotels for many years I can only presume we were given the staff room.

Room Tip: ask for rooms above the 1st Floor
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for your feedback left on Tripadvisor. We apologies for any inconvenience caused in this occasion and do appreciate that our hotel is not of everyone’s taste and the way we projected the room and the design put on it might not be of everyone’s like. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole.
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

The staff at the hotel were outstandingly excellent and the service was never short of superb. Our room was actually more like a stylish unique small apartment with an own kitchen. The hotel is a beautiful old town hall that has been renovated to it's former glory and beyond. It even has a pool and it's the most posh pool I've ever seen (even though it was a bit shallow and warm for a decent swim). We didn't have a chance to try the Michelin starred restaurant, but the room service and bar had great cocktails and gourmet snacks.

Room Tip: The apartments are great value for your money.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor from your last visit at THH. It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay and that you loved the hotel conversion from the old town hall. The retain of the original look of the building and the collection pieces of furnished introduced in suites were made with the intent to bring alive all the trends from the previous century. We are indeed very proud of the THH as we feel it is a quite unique hotel. I am pleased to hear that our staff provided an excellent service all the way through and you like the pool and all the other facilities. Once again thank you very much for this fantastic review and I hope to be able to welcome you back at the hotel soon. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
wilmslow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Second time staying here, great service,bar and decor. We had an inclusive bed and breakfast package and found the price very competitive. The breakfast was simple but high quality ingredients .The most beautiful building and fantastic attention to details.Five minutes walk away from the tube station,can't wait to go back.Next time will try the 1star Mitchell inn restaurant located on the ground floor.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest, thank you for leaving us a note of your repeated experience with us on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our breakfast selection to be of the highest quality. It is great to know of your appreciation to the building and that you notice the monticules attention given to details. Thank you also for mentioning how close the underground is from the hotel and great to know that you have already decided to return and give a try of our restaurant. Should I be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I hope to be able to welcome you back at THH in the near future. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

This is one of the most beautiful hotels I have stayed in. So many unique, stylish aspects in the room and reception area. Brilliant location to the tube and not too far from cool bars.
We didn't make it to the restaurant but the bar was relaxed and stylish too.
Brilliant hotel, I will be back.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for this kind feedback on TripAdvisor. It is great to know that your stay was a memorable one and that you like the suites and the hotel in general. Thank you for also mentioning how vibrant the nearby area is and I hope to be able to welcome you back at the hotel in the near future. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

After having been moved from 196 Bishopsgate Hotel due to extraordinary maintenance, I was moved to the Town Hall Hotel, the sister hotel to the one that I was supposed to stay in. Before coming, I was reluctant to accept transferring to the Town Hall Hotel as I didn't know what to expect, but after having stayed here for two nights, I found it to be one of the best hotels that I have stayed in.

The room was comfortable and very well equipped. Everything from the towels to the bedding was of the highest quality. The only downside was that the room was a tad hot, and although I had put the air conditioning on, it was still rather warm.

The food was brilliant at the in-house restaurant. A little expensive but extremely tasty. The best piece of beef that I have ever tasted!

The customer service was of the highest standard. This was discovered not only during my stay but afterwards. I had mislaid my coat, and realised that I may have left it at the hotel. I exchanged emails between Andrea the Head Concierge and found out that I had indeed forgotten my coat in the room. Andrea offered to deliver my coat, free of charge, on his day off, to the hotel that I was staying in the next time I was in London on business. I couldn't believe how kind he was to do this. Much appreciated!

This hotel is by far the best place that I have stayed in London.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to leave a note on our TripAdvisor page. I am very pleased to read of your experience with us and it is great to know that you liked
THH and that you think it is by far one of the best hotels in London. I am glad to read that transferring you from 196B to THH has turned out to be a good thing. Nevertheless I wish to offer
my sincere apologies for this change of events. It is great to know that you enjoyed the food at one of our restaurants and that the beef was the best you ever had.
I hope to be able to welcome you back at THH in the near future and should I be of any further assistance please do contact me directly. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Been to Town Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!