Party of 4 - 2 adults, 2 teenagers. We wanted more than just a hotel room so decided to book Town Hall after much research. Great choice. Superb communication from the hotel prior to arrival. They arranged for a private car to pick us up at Heathrow. Taking the Heathrow Express and then the tube may have been less -- but the cost of that was a break even by the time you got to 3 passengers....a private car was a lot more relaxing. Upon arrival, Andrea, brought our luggage to our 2 bedroom unit downstairs. I was initially hesitant about a room on that level but found it to be no problem at all...still plenty of light and very quiet. He showed us all the amenities of the room, to include the espresso maker and other kitchen appliances (Washer/dryer, etc). Fridge was stocked daily with sparking and still water plus milk.
Plenty of room to stretch out...larger than several apartments I've lived in. Newspaper at the door each morning and macaroons every evening! We were easily able to make breakfast and dinner, whatever you wanted, right there in the room....dishes, pots and other cooking accessories were all there. Great way to save some $ and relax.
Easy 5 minute walk to the Bethnal Green tube station. Never felt uncomfortable, even in the evenings. Surely an eclectic neighborhood but no problems. A couple of grocery stores nearby.
The hotel itself was interesting, not your cookie-cutter chain hotel. Great history and care was obviously taken to honor this history. Loved that they used so much of the original decor. Beautiful as the place is, what makes it is the staff. The hotel was fully booked but still we felt like the only ones there. Andrea was amazing. Anything we needed, he cheerfully accommodated. He seemed to be everywhere, always in movement, always professional and always helpful. What a gem. That's what makes people feel welcome -- the staff.
Every evening we felt like we were coming home to relax, not just back to the "room". Do take the time to explore the hotel.
Would definitely recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TOWN HALL HOTEL is a boutique hotel in the heart of London's East End. Offering luxury accommodations, event space and fine dining in an iconic Edwardian building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Town Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Town Hall Hotel And Apartments
- Town Hall Hotel London, England