“my london oasis” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Town Hall Hotel

Save Saved
You added Town Hall Hotel to your Saves list
Town Hall Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Patriot Square | Bethnal Green, London E2 9NF, England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #46 of 1,073 hotels in London
Hassi Messaoud, Algeria
“my london oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I'm travelling alot, in fact no fixed address for the last 4 years, but when I arrive at TownHall from the moment I walk into the foyer I relax and feel I've come home (well to a dream home!). The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff at the front, the size and comfort of the rooms, and the highest level gourmet room service and breakfast, that would be enough....but throw in a very relaxing swimming pool and well....the oasis is complete. There is without doubt no better value for money hotel in London offering this quality.

The only downside is the location which is slightly out but the Tube central line brings you so quickly into the centre (Oxford/Bond) that it really doesn't matter....maybe adds to that oasis feel!

Room Tip: If you're staying a little longer, say 3+ days, upgrading to a one bedroom is usually only a lit...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest
Let me thank you for your very kind words left on Tripadvisor. We are really glad that you feel at home with us and that we are able to provide the relaxing atmosphere you need travelling so much and being so busy. We are happy to read that our staff once again is able to provide the high standards they are well known for. And it is nice to read that our swimming pool completes the nice picture. We cannot wait to welcome you on your next visit. Many thanks and kind regards Sandro Desole

794 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Polish first
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Everything about this hotel points to the extraordinary level of detail that was put into its design. The suites are spacious, with an enormous bathroom and full kitchen. The 24/7 room service menu is definitely "fine dining"—the cod is to die for.
There are all the modern comforts for the modern traveler: BOSE iPod dock, American and European wall plugs at the desk, L'Occitane products etc...
The only thing I did not like was the carpeting in the hallways, which made it difficult to pull my wheeled luggage.

Room Tip: Don't bother with the ground floor "G" suites. The layout is much more cramped than th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you for your nice feedback on out TripAdvisor page. We are glad to hear that you appreciated our style, all what we put in our rooms and the “fine dining” room service menu. We are glad that our design once again meets the high expectations of our clientele and makes your stay enjoyable. As per the carpet, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused in this occasion and I hope you will not be detered from visiting us again in the future. Looking forward to welcome you back soon. Many thanks and kind regards Sandro Desole
South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Awesome hotel, amazing sized 2 bedroomed apartment with inter leading door. So much space. Clean crisp white towels. Gorgeous bath robes..the service was fantastic. Nothing was ever too much effort. The concierge Andrea, exceeds himself. Make sure you go eat at the Corner Room. The food is delicious and cooked with finesse. I will definitely be back. The only draw back is last night there was a party and we could hear them cleaning up.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind words left on TripAdvisor. It is always a pleasure to read about a nice experience had by one of our guests. When your stay is made very enjoyable by means of our professionalism, our smiles or our willingness to help, this is a confirmation that our hospitality philosophy is meets the guest expectations. We are glad to hear that our choice in matter of linens, robes fabrics and towel is a treat and that our staff once again is an asset to the hotel operation. Rest assured we will pass on to all the departments heads involved. We are sorry to hear that your sleep was disturbed by the cleaning crew, please accept my apologies, rest assure the information will be shared with all the relevant manager. We take you on your words and wait for you to “definitely come back”. Many thanks and kind regards. Sandro Desole
Stavanger, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The first impression of our 2 bedroom apt, was very good, and the building itself very special. High standards all around. But there was no temperature control in bedrooms, and the sound proofing was mediocre. Even through two doors, there was annoying noise from the hall.
During our stay we found the staff to be service minded. A high speed checkout procedure looked promising - until we decided to have (an overpriced, non inclusive breakfast). And with it, the check out procedure took ages. A rather annoying end to a WE in luxury - without enough sleep.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for your comment left on Tripadvisor. I am glad to read that you like your apartmant and the hotel altogether . I could not help but to notice that you experienced some inconveniences during your weekend stay and upon check out. Please accept my sincere apologies and rest assured that we are taking note of your precious suggestion about the sounds in the room and the speed of the check out procedures, so that next time your will have a fully satisfying experience! I hope this isolated incident will not deter you from visiting us again in the future. Once again accept my sencere apologies and look forward to welcome you back at THH in the near future. Many thanks and kind regards Sandro Desole
Bedford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Town Hall hotel last week for 3 nights to treat ourselves to a break away at a luxury hotel. We booked an Executive Studio after reading the rave reviews on Trip Advisor, and unfortunately our experience did not live up to our expectations.

On arrival our room was not ready so we were transferred to another. Perhaps we were just given a dodgy one! The sliding bathroom door had a huge, wide scratch across it where it must have been scraping against the wall which it recessed into. We couldn’t work out if the shower was plumbed in with hot and cold the wrong way round or whether the water supply was unreliable. Getting the right temperature certainly required a lot of experimentation. The lack of a door on the shower meant that, whilst stylish, the bathroom floor got flooded every time we took a shower and meant we had to use all our towels mopping it up. There was no bathtub as was advertised to us when we booked the room. The consumer unit in one of the wardrobes was the loudest I’ve ever heard in a hotel and was very distracting when trying to get to sleep.

At the time none of these niggles felt large enough to warrant asking for a room change, but I wish we had as we were so looking forward to our break away, as added together these issues meant that we came away feeling very disappointed.

Overall a very stylish hotel in communal areas, but the room was not what we would expect from a luxury hotel. Dissapointing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback left on our Tripadvisor page. I could not help to notice your disappointment for what happened with the bathroom door and the other facilities, please accept my personal apologies for that. We passed on your comments to the relevant departments and the necessary measures have been taken in order to avoid the same to happen again. I would like to reassure you that this was a sole unfortunate happening and in order to restore the faith in us and to offer you again the chance to spend a nice break away, I would like to offer a free upgrade to a superior category of apartment for your next stay. Rest assured that we take very seriously our guest comments, whether positive or constructive, thinking that this is the best and most effective way to raise the bar in the service we deliver. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally to make the necessary arrangements for your next stay.
Many thanks and kind regards Sandro Desole
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I really appreciated the service here. Firstly though if you like art deco style you will really enjoy the appearance of the hotel. From the outside to the reception to the rooms, it all looks really good and well looked after. We stayed here with 5 little kids, so we had two rooms joined together to create one apartment. This gave my husband and I the opportunity to have a lounge to ourselves while the kids entertained themselves in the other room. This hotel was the only hotel I could find that could accommodate a group our size that needed to stay together, which was great, but it meant that we ended up quite far away from central London which is where we wanted to visit. However, there were good buses and taxis available to get us where we needed to go. We had our own car, but because parking is not provided by the hotel and public parking was not guaranteed outside the hotel, once we found a park for the car we left it there for sake of convenience. Parking over the weekend and after 5pm outside the hotel is free. The rooms were serviced daily and they added a lovely touch of a couple of macaroons to have with a cuppa at night. They have tea and coffee in the rooms but also provided hot chocolate powder for me and the kids on request with no extra charge. They have a couple of well rated restaurants on site also, unfortunately we were unable to avail ourselves of these as the prices were quite high and were quite reluctant to spend a lot of money on food our young children would not appreciate. They have a helpful booklet in the room to advise where you can eat otherwise. They also have a great little gym with very good equipment and a nice little swimming pool that is very well used. Overall I would recommend without hesitation this hotel if you are in the area. One little niggle, the pillows were the hardest I have ever come across and they had difficulty supplying softer pillows when requested.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for your thorough review left on Tripadvisor. Is is nice to hear that you enjoyed extensively each and every of the hotel facilities. Due to its spacious double interconnecting rooms our hotel is becoming more and more popular amongst the families giving them like you said “the opportunity to have a lounge to ourselves while the kids entertained themselves in the other room”. It is also nice to read that you enjoyed our services. As per the parking unfortunately to find one nearby it is not the easiest task especially during weekdays. We are constantly working to find better solutions to this problem to make our guest’s life easier. Please accept my apologies for the pillows, we recently received a fair quantity of soft one and it will be our pleasure to take note of it for your next stay. We hope to see you very soon! Many thanks and kind regards Sandro Desole
Jersey St Helier
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed recently for 2 nights, all the staff members were really friendly and always had a smile on there face. I liked how the hotel kept original features from when it was a town hall. The rooms are very modern and clean, we went for a studio and it was nice having a fridge and cooker so we could cook ourselves breakfast (Shop down the road beside the tube.) The tube is a 5 minute walk so easy access to central London, If you are looking for somewhere modern to stay and a bit different i would recommend here. PS the pool was freezing!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
OpsMng, Direcotor of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
Let me first of all thank you for your kind review left on Tripadvisor. It is nice to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff made it special for you. It is also nice to read that the room you stayed in, really fit the purpose of giving you all that you needed to make your stay a memorable experience. I am sorry to read about the pool, since is very popular among our guests and I have asked our maintenance department to double check it. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused in this occasion and I hope to welcome you back soon at the THH in the near future.
Many thanks and kind regards
Sandro Desole

Been to Town Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!