We stayed four nights (wed to sun) in this lovely hotel in Bethnal Green and really enjoyed our stay. The building is beautiful. Our room was large and with all the touches you wud expect, bathrobes, coffee machine etc. We did not have many dealings with the staff but all those we did ( apart from one breakfast waitress) were nice and polite. The pool was lovely. The inclusive brekfast was very good and the additional cooked dishes were v reasonable at 4£ each. It's a shame there is no guest lounge. On the down side, there is no full length wardrobe in the room or mirror at the desk to use wen drying hair. The room was so large there would have been lots of space for a coat stand. The main annoyance though was the location of our room G24 (if you find yourself being given this one I would ask for a different one). There were two reasons for this- one it is below the Corner Room restaurant kitchen and you can hear the staff late at night and early morning and the smell of food comes down into the room(not nice for anyone but quite unpleasant for a pregnant person!) also the second is that the function room upstairs was in use Fri and Sat night and the noise of the music was very loud. I think that this also would affect some of the rooms on the first floor. The good news is it's stops at dead on 12 - so had I not been pregnant and needing relatively early nights it wouldn't have been a problem. As far as the location is concerned some other reviewers have found this to be an issue; we are quite familiar with the area and it's fine. You are only a 15 walk from Lauriston village which has nice bars and restaurants and about a 20 min walk from Hoxton, Shoredith which also has same, as does parts of Hackney. You can eat and shop for far less than the touristy centre. Victoria Park, the canal and Lea Valley are all within walking distance for enjoying the outdoors. Bethnal Green tube is only a 5min walk. Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TOWN HALL HOTEL is a boutique hotel in the heart of London's East End. Offering luxury accommodations, event space and fine dining in an iconic Edwardian building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Venere, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Otel, MrandMrsSmith, Agoda, LondonMarketing.com, Odigeo, Hotel.de, EasyToBook, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Town Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Town Hall Hotel And Apartments
- Town Hall Hotel London, England