“One of the best values in London.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Town Hall Hotel

You added Town Hall Hotel to your Saves list
Town Hall Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Patriot Square | Bethnal Green, London E2 9NF, England   |
Ranked #68 of 1,065 Hotels in London
“One of the best values in London.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011 via mobile

Always clean and fresh. Great service, food and facilities. A very original place that I enjoy staying at every time I'm in London. Great location for East end business, financial district or the Olympic site at Stratford.

• Stayed November 2011
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind feedback on your visit to the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. It is obviously great news for us to see such a good feedback from one of our regular guests. I am pleased to know that you enjoy staying with us every time you visit London and thank you for your note highlighting the good services and facilites we have to offer at the THH. I am honoured to know that you have choosed us as your "home away from home" and I can confirm that I will share your comments with all the team here. Should you required any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you directly.
Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I've done all sorts of hotels in London from the youth hostel to some of the finest mayfair's 5 stars and i must say that the Town Hall Hotel is one of the best i've done.

The hotel is beautiful, the building is very well restored and the interiors are confortable.

We had a 1 bedroom appartment located in one of the building's corner so we had a very nice from every angle in the room. The living room was nice and convenient and the kitchen with free tea and expresso was perfect.

The bedroom was lovely. The shower was litterally in our room and all is glassed. So when you are seated on the toilet everyone can see you! A little minus for the shower/bathroom cause the water is flooding the toilets when you take a shower. Beyond that the shower is nice and you can have a nice view on the city while scrubbing your back.

The swimming pool is very nice, 15meters long is very convenient for swimming. The gym is well equiped.

The breakfast was ok, the continental buffet is not that furnished but its fine.
There is a nice bar in the hotel, we didn't try the restaurant.

Now, the surroundings, the hotel is not in the center of london but it's pretty close.
The tube station is very close (Bethnal Green Station) and you are 1 station away from Liverpool Street and Spitalfields Market.
You're a bit farther from regent street of course but as you're on the central line it's not too difficult to go there.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind feedback on your last visit to the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the hotel restoration, the design with modern equipment fitting well with the old features of the apartment. Being a regular traveller as yourself, your compliments are even more appreciated and definitely a great source of encouragement, to be compared to as one of the finest 5* hotels in London. Thank you for reporting the water from the shower, flooding into the bathroom floor, which I have already reported to our maintenance department. Thank you also for mentioning all the services and facilities we have at the property and for mentioning how easy it is from Bethnal Green to reach central London or the financial district. I can confirm that your feedback has been shared with all the team here. Should you required any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you directly.
Port Macquarie, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

We stayed here in September 2011 for 5 nights and were totally impressed. We travel a lot so have stayed in many, many hotels and apartments and this has got to be one of the best yet. From the welcome upon arrival through to our early morning departure we loved it.

The apartment was spacious, elegant and had everything we needed, including a coffee machine, opening windows, air con, fully equipped laundry and kitchen....even a rubber duck for the (enormous) bathtub. The turndown service every evening was done properly- the bins were emptied, kitchen cleaned, apartment tidied, handmade chocolates delivered AND the bed turned down. The 2 restaurants and the bar were seriously good and there was a super Italian place across the road which did great pizzas.

Tube station is 5 mins down the road and the most delightful Victoria Park bordered by a beautiful canal is just a short walk away. If you're looking for something special then book here - go on, just do it!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind feedback on your visit to the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. It is good to know that from the moment you arrived till your departure day, you enjoyed your stay with us and that you think the THH is one of the best hotels you stayed in. I am glad to know that you liked the apartment’s design and its modern equipment fitting-in well with the old features. I am happy to hear that our staff dedication to customer service was of high quality and that you had the chance to visit the oldest London public park (Victoria Park). Thank you for choosing the Town Hall Hotel for your stay in London and I can confirm that your feedback has been shared with all the team here. Should you required any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you directly.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

You certainly get what you pay for in life, as is true with Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. In fairness, Town Hall is a wonderful hotel itself, offering perhaps some of the best accommodations I have seen in London. The location however leaves much to be desired, and when in London, location is everything.

The Good:

Town Hall has built a truly fantastic hotel, equipped with all the features and amenities you would expect from a European 5 star property. The positive highlights include: spacious rooms (even at the entry level category), comfortable beds and bedding (especially by European standards), complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel, well appointed bathrooms (some of which include tubs and others that include glass showers), hardwood flooring, complimentary in-room espresso and bottled water as well as kitchenettes in some room types.

The staff is extremely service oriented and willing to go the extra miles to ensure a comfortable stay.

The Not So Good:

The location. Unfortunately, Town Hall is located in Bethnal Green, a neighborhood regarded by taxi cabs as "not so safe". I had done my homework on this topic, but not until you arrive the hotel do you realize that it's just not that safe. Walkable, yes, but I wouldn't fee comfortable doing it at night, particularly in certain directions. Unlike so many other hotels in London, there's hardly anything commercial nearby: no Starbucks, few places to grab food or anything else really. My only recommendation would be to walk/drive to Shoreditch which has a variety of great restaurants, but it's at least 20 minutes away by foot.

Town Hall has two on property restaurants, and the "casual" option has a very limited (eclectic) menu that doesn't offer anything in the way of normal. As much I'm a "foodie", I'd rather see a few "comfort" foods on the menu, (such as chicken offerings, salads, burgers, pizza's etc.) especially considering there are few other options immediately surrounding the hotel.

The verdict:

If you're budget minded but insist on 5 star, Town Hall might be a safe bet, but I would prefer a 4 star in a better neighborhood, and I tend to be rather discerning when it comes to hotels. Hopefully in time the neighborhood will turn for the better, but I wouldn't expect that to happen any time soon.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your feedback of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you thought the hotel restoration, its facilities and fully equipped apartments, are one of the best accommodation you ever seen in London. Thank you for detailed feedback, highlighting all the likes and dislikes, which I am sure will help other potential guests to make their appropriate choices. Regarding to your comment on the area, Bethnal Green is still an upcoming area, as you mentioned on your feedback, hence few places still have to improve. Indeed we are very proud of being one of the pioneering companies expanding in the East End, and even understanding your concerns, I can assure you that since the opening of the hotel, over 18 months ago, none of our client reported any incident during their stay. Although it might not look as the West End with famous chains, this area is one of the most vibrant parts of London with many small and traditional places in the proximity of the hotel. I hope your concerns on the area will not deter you from visiting us again in the future and should you require any further assistance from us please do not hesitate to contact me directly, I will be more than happy to assist personally. Many thanks and kind regards Sandro Desole
St. Anton am Arlberg, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

After having stayed at many different hotels during my business trips to London, I finally found the perfect hotel. From the very personal welcome over the great amenities in the very spacious studio with fully equipped kitchen to the outstanding exquisite dinner at the restaurant VIAJANTE, everything was perfect. First I was a bit worried about the surroundings but after a nice jogging run in the Victora parc and along the little river with the houseboats, I was sure, to be at the right place.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind feedback on your visit to the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. We are absoutly flatter by your nice feedback and very pleased to know that you have now found you faver place to stay when visting London. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you thought our hotel, apartments, customer service and dinner at the Viajante was a perfect experience for you. It is nice to know that you visited Victoria Park and the nearby canal and that you felt confident jogging in the area. Thank you for choosing the Town Hall Hotel for your stay in London and I can confirm that your feedback has been shared with all the team here. Should you required any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you directly.
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011 via mobile

First time staying at the Town Hall. I would definitely return! Everything, from the service to the rooms is first class. I had a one bedroom apartment which is comparable to most hotel suites. Cleanliness was top notch and the underground station (Bethnal Green) is less than 5 minutes walk. Also I recommend the Museum of Childhood (right next door). No wonder this hotel ranks so highly on here!

• Stayed November 2011
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and extremely proud of being thought so highly from a senior contributor on Trip Advisor like yourself. I am glad to hear that you really liked the hotel features and thank you for your detailed feedback highlighting how well clean and roomy our units are. I am also pleased to know that every effort was made to create a unique experience for you, and that you found it easy to travel around London from the hotel. It is always very encouraging to receive such a positive feedback and I have passed all of your feedback on to our department heads here at the hotel. Should you decide to visit us in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist with any enquiry you may have. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Great London Hotel, the service was excellent! We booked a double room for the weekend and were upgraded to a studio room, which was beautifull, stylish furniture, luxury bath room, small kitchen with espresso machine and well equiped. We really enjoyed our stay and it made our trip to London unforgettable! I love to come back again soon.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind feedback on your visit to the Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. It is nice to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated our gesture of goodwill in upgrading you to a higher apartment type. I am pleased that you thought our apartments are well equipped and that you found the apartment perfect for your needs. I am honoured to hear that you would love to return to the THH in the near future and thank you for choosing us for your stay in London. I can confirm that your feedback has been shared with all the team here. Should you required any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you directly.
Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Been to Town Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!