“Disappointing” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
London
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I booked the table for my birthday, but the manager did not consider to inform me, that the place is booked for a private party, so WE HAVE BEEN ASKED TO LEAVE at 9pm.
Not to mention about the Nachos with cheese WITHOUT CHEESE!!! £11 for that come on !!!
0 points for manager, the staff was very nice though....

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Kent
“Trendy Party Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I reserved an area at Pause for having some 30th birthday drinks. The Manager was very helpful with my booking and I pre-ordered the food and some drinks for when my guests arrived. The area I reserved was at the back of the room and it was perfect. Large roomy area with plenty of comfortable seating. The only small downside was that the area was a little hot. The great thing was, that they didnt even charge to reserve the area which was a pleasant surprise and makes such a difference! The bar itself is lovely and trendy with nice seating areas and lighting. The Manager offered us some complimentary champagne which was a lovely gesture and much appreciated. We were also provided with various complimentary trays of shots throughout the evening and I received a free cocktail on arrival too.. very generous. We had preordered some platters and sides which were all lovely and the food was very tasty and hot. The chef even did some pizzas for us that wasn't on the menu, which again they didn't have to do, but were very accomodating and did. It was 80's night so the music was 80's to start with and then switched to charts later on in the evening. It was a great selection of music to dance to. There is also happy hour from 5-8 which is an added bonus and was a very good value evening. Myself and my guests all had a wonderful evening full of great drinks, tasty food, great music, a wonderful venue and friendly staff. We will definitely go back again and I would certainly recommend it for group party bookings. Very well handled and organised! Thanks for making my 30th celebrations so special. It was a fantastic evening.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Diss, United Kingdom
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Visited here for lunch - menu pretty varied and the daily specials very good value at £6. My main could have been served slightly warmer but all in all an OK lunch. Venue was quiet but this might have been as it was a nice day and this venue underground is underground so may not be peoples first choice.

Visited September 2012
London
“A Decent Option for lunch or evening drinks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Our team frequent this bar fairly regularly, mainly because of the convenient location to our office.

The food is very well priced and the service is usually fine. The decor seems to change quite often without noticable improvement.

It's not great on a summer's day, being a basement bar with no natural light and also, it's not really "across the street" from Lloyd's. It's down the road by a couple of 100 metres.

A handy option for a lunch or evening drinks.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great value basement bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011 via mobile

Our local! Great value for lunch-happy hours 5-7 v nice staff great to haveround the corner

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere