“Fun, fun, fun!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Small Car BIG CITY

Small Car BIG CITY
8 Northumberland Avenue | Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5BY, England (Westminster)
+44 20 7839 6737
and up
Ranked #16 of 472 Tours & Activities in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: We believe that visitors to London should feel like locals. #Livelikealocal on Twitter and see London from a different perspective. Zoom around the swinging streets of London in a vintage, classic, British Mini Cooper! Your private chauffeur(s) will show you the quirky, undiscovered London that is off the beaten track and down the side streets that only a Mini can get too! Experiences last from 30 minutes to all day. Get picked up from your hotel and tailor your trip to your exact requirements. Our highly trained guides know all the best places to eat and drink so that you can truly make the most out of your stay in our great city. SATISFACTION GUARANTEED! If we do not provide you with the BEST TIME EVER(!), We will book you in for another experience at your convenience free of charge!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Miami, Florida, United States
6 attraction reviews
“Fun, fun, fun!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I went on the tour with my 13-year-old daughter. We both love Minis. Andrew, our driver, was terrific. He was very engaging with my daughter. The tour lasted about 2-1/2 hours and was fun the whole time. We did it the first day we arrived, and it was a wonderful introduciton ot the city and highlighted places for us to return to on the rest of our visit. At the end of the trip, when I asked my daughter what her favorite (non-shopping) activity was, she said the Mini tour. I am so glad I booked this tour.

As a side note, I lost my cell phone getting out of the mini at the end of the tour. When I called Rob the next day to inquire, he went out of his way to help us, and I was eventually able to retrieve my phone. He could not have been more helpful.

“Niiiice!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Real nice ride around London. If you want a change in the itinery, just ask the driver, they want you to say what you want to see. Staff is really friendly and well informed. Don't miss it!!

London, United Kingdom
“1974 Mini- Best way to see London!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My experience of 'Small Car Big City' was courtesy of a birthday gift from my boyfriend and it did not disappoint! Although our trip was 30 mins or so, the owner of the company, Rob ensured that it was an unforgettable experience! While he negotiated rush hour traffic, looming double decker buses, heedless pedestrians and bullying London taxis he never faltered in delivering fascinating nuggets of knowledgable on passing landmarks with great wit and style. My London friends and I gained a new perspective on streets that we pass through every day without a further thought. His1974 mini was the original car of the business and definitely looked the part with a lovingly restored walnut dashboard. Rob- all the best with your venture and thank you so much for such a fun start to a great night!

Charlottesville, VA
“Mini Car, Maxi Fun Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I recently took my 16 year old daughter to London. I know the city pretty well, but I wanted for my daughter to have a good overview of the historic sites. After looking at lots of options, I narrowed down our choices to a private Blue-Badge guide and a smallcarBigCity Mini tour. Though both are expensive, I thought the Mini tour would be more fun, and I was not disappointed. Robert, the owner of the company, was our charming guide for 3 hours. He made a point of showing us the sights that would appeal to a teen, as well as the major landmarks. We say Abbey Road of the Iconic album cover as well as an amazing display of graffiti (which my daughter likes to photograph) in a historic tunnel. Robert struck just the right mood of being knowledgeable and hip. Even though the Mini doesn’t provide the views that a tour bus would, it makes up for that in the fun factor.

“Fantastic mini adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We arrived at st James park tube station after a courtesy text to say the car was there. When we saw the car it was a beautifully restored mini Cooper complete with front light panel. The interior was amazing and the engine they had sounded incredible! The tour was very insightful with excellent knowledge from our driver. I had also requested to be dropped at a location of our choice and the driver incorporated information on our way to the drop off. All in all money well spent and an excellent trip for people new to London or who have been here for a while and want an alternative to an open top bus!