“Nice atmosphere and tasty meal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. George's Tavern

St. George's Tavern
14 Belgrave Road | Victoria, London SW1V 1QD, England (Pimlico)
020 7630 1116
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Fish & Chips, British, English, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Pimlico
Description: You will find The St George's Tavern in Victoria London within a short stroll of Victoria Street, Vauxhall Bridge Road and Buckingham Palace Rd - however you won't find another like it.Step in to discover a traditional pub of unique character, revered for its eclectic range of real ales and its quality pub food, which are served, as they should be, with a generous measure of famous British hospitality.The St George's Tavern is one of many rare gems in the Nicholson's collection of great British pubs, reputed for their distinctive buildings, intriguing history and vibrant atmosphere.
Prague, Czech Republic
“Nice atmosphere and tasty meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We went there with my wife for our wedding anniversary during our week stay in London for the first time and then again two days later. There is a bar on the ground floor and a restaurant on the lower floor. Variety of meals and bewerages is very good. We ordered riboneye steak with chips (could have been a little better roasted though we asked it to be well-done). My wife had a perfect lemon and herbal juice, I ordered traditional Korev beer (unfortunately several brands were not available that day). On our second visit we both had fish (cod) and chips, which was delicious. Service here is pleasant and the price of the meal is just fair. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a nice, astmospheric tavern close to Victoria.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Worcester, United Kingdom
“Not Sure”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This Tavern does not know if it is presenting itself as a traditional pub (for the tourists) or a gastro pub. One of the meals arrived cold. Having toured in America, I feel that the offering is shamefully short of the mark.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Australia
“First visit great, 2nd visit disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We were staying within 2 minutes walk so as I was meeting a friend, I suggested we meet there as the room downstairs had a wonderful quiet atmosphere. Perfect for chatting at catching up. The girl when I booked allowed me to choose the table and was very helpful. Well, our meal that night was wonderful. The service was terrific, there was a wonderful atmosphere and the food was great.
So great that i returned the next evening with my mother. Well, what a contrast. Firstly the waitress serving us was still excellent so no fault there but our food was tired Nd awful. My mothers oven baked pancakes with roasted vegies tasted like the oancake had been made ages ago and the roasted veggies consisted of huge onion pieces and not many other veggies. My chicken and mushroom pie looked amazing when it Arrived but there wasn't a mushroom to be found and basically it was a a small chicken breast hiding under the pastry lid. Very disappointing considering the price.
We were not the only people disappointed that evening. I heard other people complaining to the waitress. We didnt bother commenting as we were leaving London the next day so it wasn't worth making a fuss but I'm not sure if there were two different chefs on these nights but the second night was a definite disappointment.
Atmosphere downstairs is lovely, the waiting staff are fabulous.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Luis Obispo, California
“Friendly staff and great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stumbled upon the tavern after walking around the city for what seemed like hours, and we were greeted with friendly smiles and a great corner booth! We had some questions about the local beers, and the manager quickly brought us a flight of beer so we could taste them all and decide what we wanted! Now, that's great service!!

For dinner, our group either ordered the fish & chips, or the hamburgers and no one complained about a thing! I do have to stay that they had very large servings, a few of us could have easily shared!

And, since we were in London, we had to cap off our meal with the sticky toffy pudding, which was wonderful as well!!

We're definitely glad we found this place! And, thank you to the staff that made us feel so welcome!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oakland, California
“Refreshing drinks, clean restrooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stopped off for a cold, refreshing pint during a hot afternoon. Outdoor seating could've been more plentiful, as it was completely hogged by smoking folks who were staring at their mobile phones and falling asleep. (Not so great at multitasking, I guess.)

As an added benefit, this place has the cleanest restrooms I've ever seen in a bar!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere