“Good food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pepenero

Pepenero
The Sphere, Unit three | 114 Silvertown Way, London E16 1EA, England (Westminster / Belgravia)
020 7476 9354
Neighborhood: Westminster / Belgravia
essex england
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

We had lovely food but really the portions were too big. It wasn't cheap but I think they could have smaller portions and bring the price down a little. The skate was massive,we could easily have shared it. Staff were fine despite some other reviews. Cocktail not great but G n T ok. A good find by Holiday Inn Docklands. Extensive Italian menu.

Visited May 2014

Calne, United Kingdom
“Wow - excllent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We visited here without booking but they squeezed us in for a table for two. The restaurant was buzzing, usually a good sign. Despite being very busy we were well serviced and had a shared starter and main (too full for dessert). The starter was great and very tasty. For the main I had Calzone and my wife a pizza. Both were just what we were looking for and very filling.

When the bill came it was quite a shock, or should I say pleasant surprise! With a bottle of wine and three beers, and the food the bill was close to £60, which for London and this quality seems very good value for money.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“great food, but the service!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

If you are in this area and looking for the good food, come here, but do not expect very nice and friendly service with smile. I think they kind of became used to customers coming to their restaurant.
It wasn't our first visit to this place, but unfortunately always with similar scenario.
After we entered the restaurant we were approached very quickly and ushered to the table. I like to ask for some recommendation about the food, but it seemed like I was bothering the waiter who served us. While waiting for the stars I realized some of the other tables around got the bread and olive oil before, so I asked for some as well. The waiter frowned at me, but after some time brought some. The food is very nice and that is the only reason we are always come back.
After the mains we were asked if we would like to have some desert, well without seeing the menu its quite difficult to decide.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“A little gem, hope the prices do not go up accordingly!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

My party were staying in the Hotel next door. My disabled companion didnt want to join my friend and I so I got a take-away for him. He has a taste for moules and prawns and how many restaurants would do a take-away of Moules and Chips!!! And excellent price. So that was one person sorted.
The remainder of us enjoyed delcious Ravioli, which appeared to be freshly prepared, of spinach and cheese in a creamy tomato sauce...advised it was delicious and plentiful, and I wasnt feeling so hungry so had a main of a starter, Polenta and mushrooms, rather too many mushrooms but very tasty. Our lovely Portuguese waiter chatted to us making us feel very comfortable.
We enjoyed our meal so much, that despite travelling out to Richmond the next day and trying to find somewhere with ease of parking, and ease of getting our disabled companion in and out, on hitting the City again and having failed, we were more than happy all three of us to eat at Peperenos.
This time he who can be fussy had freshly cooked King Prawns (no garlic, no sauce!)with a large portion of chips, my other friend had a massive portion of Spaghetti Bolognese, which amazingly she finished despite assuring us that she wouldnt....and I had the Ravioli dish from the night before. I can honestly say it was the best Ravioli dish I have ever tasted!
We would all definitely return and possibly even head there even if we were just elsewhere in London for a night....the food and price was that good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Went there last night. Awful. I had pizza which was very dry. Girlfriend had Carbonara which was essentially a bowl of double cream with some pasta. Both of us felt quite unwell for the rest of the evening.

This aside the service was just awful. had both dishes thrown on the table, 'enjoy your meal' was muttered on the way to serving the next customer. Had to ask 2 separate waiters for the bill as the first one did not bring it. pin machine dropped on the table, credit card thrown in the dish.

Gets 2 stars as both mains were under £10 (which is cheap for london, perhaps just expensive for not nice food).

One other thing; this is not in westminster/ belgravia as per the title; it is in silvertown/ canning town.

• Visited April 2014