“Value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of House of MoLi

and 1 more site!
You added House of MoLi to your Saves list
House of MoLi
24 Leonard Street, Old Street | London Square, London E14 9ND, England (Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs)   |
Ranked #94 of 662 Specialty Lodging in London
“Value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Good place to stay, pretty quiet neighborhood, close to canary wharf, rooms are clean. The service rendered by moili was very responsive and efficient, they prearranged all our requirement prior to our arrival to the apartment. Our overall experience with them were satisfactory .

• Stayed August 2013
KarenAPoulter, Manager at House of MoLi, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hi there and thanks for leaving a review here on Tripadvisor.

From your comments it seems that you had a good stay with us.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave the review and we look forward to welcoming you back to MoLi in the future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I book my stay from booking.com for Discovery Dock Apartments and I am very please to express my feelings about my stay in London. My family had an awesome time away from home.
Firstly, I do need to congratulate the staff for the excellent service we were given. Fantastic friendly staff that really go the extra mile to make you feel welcome and aim to meet all your needs. Our room was delightful, with a very comfortable size bed and a spacious and very clean bathroom. Secondly, Great handy to all location as it is really close to the train station. Lovely spacious rooms with tasteful decor. amenities with full kitchenette. Check in was very quick and painless. Overall impression of the room was brilliant, I must say very tidy and modern. The bathroom was modern and well stocked with toiletries and all necessary amenities. South Quay Apartments are located only about 200 metres away from Canary Wharf Underground station and 100 metres to the Docklands Light Railway (DLR), which offer access to the entire London Underground network. Also located close by you will find the entertainment quarter around West India Quay.
We would not hesitate to recommend House of Modern Living Apartments to all and would likely to use again if we were to return to London.

Room Tip: Please choose higher floors for a fantastic views!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
KarenAPoulter, Manager at House of MoLi, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
At MoLi we're thrilled that you had such a good stay with us.

We've had a lot of really positive feedback recently regarding our staff and it's great that you found this to be true also.

We hope to welcome you back to MoLi again
Barcelona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Thank you to all House of MoLi staff for their close attention. This was our first stay in London with kids and every request made was returned as possitive answer. The apartment clean, convinient and with every stuff needed incluiding all kitchen appliances to make the stay confortable. We stayed 5 minutes from Algate East tube station, very close to everything needed to be seen in London. We'll come again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
KarenAPoulter, Manager at House of MoLi, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review.

We're really happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us and hope to see you again.
nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Many thanks to the team for a wonderful stay. I stayed in Discovery Docks and really loved it. We had a view of the water / docks. Apartment was fantastic - high spec, clean, modern. Service was spot on each week. I did have trouble with my phone dropping signal but in general team was very supportive. We had a one year old baby with us, and the staff were very considerate to accommodate our needs for baby cott and extra linen. Will be recommending to all my friends in New York, coming to London for work or short term projects. I think this type of accommodation is ideal for a family. I would have probably stayed in the Hilton next door if it was just me and for a few days. The block is nice, and is next to the tube (or rather what is called the DLR). there is a large Wall MArt nearby - which really helped us stock up our suppliers (its called ASDA) in the UK.

Room Tip: stay on the higher floor, and definitely facing the water.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
KarenAPoulter, Manager at House of MoLi, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Hi Jack,

Thanks for leaving us such a good review.

We're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you will come back again. A repeat guest tells us that we're doing things right!

We hope to see you again soon.
venice
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I rented 1 bedroom that was supposed to have a sleep sofa. It didn't even though it listed that they said I didn't specifically ask for that. They did bring an air bed that deflated during the nite entirely when I called it took two days till they brought a cot with broken leg so it fell Roth floor in the middle. They did not provide directions to meeting point as requested just a lint to London transport. Each time I called they would keep me on hold eternally while they checked my records then would try to say I wasn't specific enough. Perhaps my American English and their Indian English just weren't working. The contract said be patient it could take up to two weeks to get our deposit credited. It took 6 weeks and three phone calls and several emails. I've rented 6 apts in the London area in the past 6 yrs and never had this bad of an experience.

Room Tip: This is not a good option for casual vacation travelers but is at the center of banking. Not many ch...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Wellington, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have never written such a negative review before, but in 20 years of travelling, I have never had such a bad experience. I booked a room through Booking.com at a House of Moli apartment in Bloomsbury, London, two months before my visit. I paid for the room (£150 pounds a night for 11 nights) and had written confirmation from the House of Moli office in London. ONE WEEK before arrival they contacted me about a ‘situation’, and asked for my ‘understanding’. The people currently staying in my apartment wanted to stay on, and House of Moli cancelled my confirmed booking! Yes, despite having paid and having a confirmed reservation, they did not honor my booking. They offered to move me to a different apartment in London, but this did not suit me. They offered to find me an alternative place, which they did. They told me it was an equivalent apartment: then I found the same apartment online for £30 a night less than I had paid. They refused to pay the difference. So, I had to cancel my reservation and scramble to find a new place. They refunded my money, but with conversion rates (I wasn’t using pounds) and with a weaker pound than when I booked, I lost about $300 US in the process. No matter how the H. of Moli PR person responds to this review, know that if they can make more money, they will cancel your booking, even if you have paid and they have confirmed.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
KarenAPoulter, Manager at House of MoLi, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Mr Weiss,

Firstly my apologies for the unfortunate sequence of events surrounding your booking with us and the impression you gained of us.

I would wish to stress however that we were not intending to behave unethically but do accept that our handling of the unplanned transfer of your booking to another apartment wasn't handled correctly and we made mistakes.

What we should have done was look to transfer at the same rate with as little disturbance to you as possible. This we did not do and our systems have since been amended to ensure that this won't happen again if faced with a similar situation which I trust we will not be.

In addition to this response I will be contacting you personally
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

For business purposes we rented three apartements with 12 persons. The apartments were amazing and also very clean and spacious. It had everything that we needed, however the beds were not very big for two people, as I believe they were only 120 cm wide, which made it a bit difficult for two people to sleep comfortably on the bed.
Furthermore the location was excellent with a Tesco express downstairs and Canary Wharf and South Quay tubestation both in walking distance.
The staff was very friendly with booking via the mail and on the phone and also when picking up the keys at check-in. However I do think it would have been handy if there was a map or better instructions on how to get to the apartment. We got lost on the way and had to ask many times before we finally found the apartment. Check-out was quite handy as we could leave the keys downstairs at the concierge.

Overall it was a great stay in a nice apartment and we would definetly recommend these apartments to anyone wishing to stay in the area of Canary Wharf.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
KarenAPoulter, Manager at House of MoLi, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Hello Raissa,

Thanks for a good review. We take your point about the map/directions and will look at making a change to our welcome details. We encourage guests to give feedback so that we can act upon it to make the whole guest experience better and better.

We hope to welcome you back to MoLi again!

Kind regards

Been to House of MoLi? Share your experiences!