London's Kew Village. Close to Metro. Free WiFi

Saved Save
You added London's Kew Village. Close to Metro. Free WiFi to your Saves list.
Front Balcony

HistoryTr...
Goshen, NY
“Simply Perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

My family and I, along with friends, stayed in this house from June 25th - July 2nd. I have two small girls, ages 4 and 9 months, and my friends have a 13- and 11-year-old. We also had a young couple without children travel with us.

This house was simply perfect. Everyone had their own space to recharge and the common areas were big enough to very comfortably fit us all. The kitchen was cozy but it suited all of our needs. The terrace off the living room was so lovely to have and we utilized it just about every day. The space was clean and had that "lived in" feel so it was very easy to relax and unwind after a day of sightseeing or just to mind one's kids.

The location of this house is also perfect. Starbucks, Tesco, an all-natural food shop, butcher, several restaurants, toy store, and the metro are within a five minute walk. The purpose for my family traveling to London was for my husband to do research in the National Archives and that was about a 10 minute walk. The Botanical Gardens were also very close and my daughters loved it there.

The house was well-equipped with everything we needed for my girls. There was a crib, high chair, plates, cutlery, toys, and movies that were all kid-friendly. The house itself was entertaining for my four-year-old. The steps and landings made for hours of fun with her imagination.

We did have a couple of surprises. The bathroom in the efficiency room was a toilet in the shower. This was not a big deal; however, we were not expecting that and it provided us with a few laughs. The bathroom on the top floor was not designed for taller people, which, again, was not a big deal. My 6'2" husband just got used to ducking his head. We wouldn't have changed a thing. There are a lot of steps so be mindful if you are traveling with someone who has difficulty climbing stairs. Lastly, just be advised that the entrance to the house is around the corner from the front of the building. All of our drivers had a difficult time finding it when dropping us off. It made sense once we found it but it took a bit to do so.

I would absolutely rent this house again and I highly recommend it to others. Libby was extremely helpful with the booking and answering my countless questions. I could go on and on but I fear that I would become redundant. This house was simply perfect.

5 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 4 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The location and the house in general.
Liked least: There was nothing I didn't like.
Traveling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
3m_and_j...
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Beautiful, spacious victorian in an ideal setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 for a stay in July 2012
people found this review helpful

This home was in a phenomenal setting and we observed it as pictured on this site. Our family would gladly return. From my first experience booking with Libby to the completion of our trip, everything was outstanding. Libby communicates perfectly through multiple media (phone, email, etc.) and is very considerate and responsive to questions.

The house is located in a perfect little market square that apparently was developed in the late 1800's. The living room opens up to a terrace that overlooks the market square and had ample space for our group of 4 adults and 2 teenagers to sit outside when the weather was nice. The tube station is maybe 50 yards away (and no, you won't hear any noise from it). Kew Royal Botanic Garden is a very short stroll (hardly 5 minutes) down the street to the main entrance. There were concerts in the park every night during our first week, and what a fun experience! We sat on the terrace enjoying a bottle or two of wine that we picked up from the store downstairs, watching the throngs of people walking by from the tube station to the park and the fireworks displays after each concert.

The convenience of the tube station and the bus stop on the next block beg you to take advantage of them. There are many restaurants within a 5 minute walk in several directions, a well-stocked and well-priced grocery store under the house, and a very large grocery store just a couple of minutes away by bus. There were a tremendous number of restaurants at Turnham Green (one stop and a couple of minutes on the tube). Our tube trips throughout London were easily planned because of the frequency of district (green) line service and the ease of connecting by any other line, when necessary, to get to the ultimate destination.

The kitchen was clean, fully furnished and functional for cooking, and the refrigerator was large. The dining room had plenty of seating. Wi-fi service was WAY better than my upgraded broadband service at home in the states. It was incredibly useful for planning and booking last minute train travel and entrance tickets to all destinations. The house is an older victorian, so there are stairs, but it was no problem for us or my wife's parents (early 70s). Floors are wide plank hardwood, a little creaky in spots as one would expect, and they complete the charm.

The beds were comfortable -- no complaints from anyone in our group. Towels & linens were plentiful. The washing machine in the house made laundry an easy task, and while it is smaller than Americans are used to, it has an express wash option that works well for lightly worn clothes. If there were one thing that would make the house a touch better, it would be a clothes dryer. It wasn't a problem, really, there were built-in racks to hang clothes on (of course, when you're doing laundry for teenagers everything becomes a rack). There is also a laundrette close by.

Libby cautioned us before booking that the area is east of Heathrow, which meant that we would probably hear arrivals during operating hours. I could see where this might be a problem for light sleepers in the morning, but it was not a problem for us and we were never bothered at night with airport noise. On the balance, if anything, it was more quiet than most city locations because there really wasn't any street traffic noise at all. Never heard a blaring ambulance, fire truck, loud car or motorcycle the whole time we were there.

I don't think I can emphasize enough how convenient it was to have that grocery store downstairs, the bank, ATM, Starbucks, and pharmacies across the street, a butcher, pub and bookstore in the market square, the tube station a few steps away, and plenty of restaurants for those nights when we didn't feel like cooking. The choices were always right in front of us or just around the corner.

I could go on, but I think it is best to say that overall, this home was an outstanding value and made our stay in London a tremendously satisfying experience.

5 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 4 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Spaciousness, convenience to local shops, grocery stores, easy transportation
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
A TripAdvisor Member
“excellent accommodation and a fantastic holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012 for a stay in September 2011
people found this review helpful

We were really happy with our accommodation choice. The presentation of the apartment, both description and photos matched the reality - there were no unpleasant surprises. The flat was clean, furnished comfortably with everything we needed - plus lots of extras like huge TVs, toys and books. It's a really friendly, welcoming place to stay, lots of natural light and plenty of space to sprawl out and relax. Great for adults and children.
The area is residential, very pretty, safe and quiet. Across the road from the Tube station, so very convenient for getting around London, and there is a good choice of shops and restaurants literally downstairs, across the road or around the corner.
The owner was fantastic in providing information and general tips in advance - once we arrived we never needed anything more!

4 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
$357
Night
Week
Month
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Book this property
Or, send the owner a message
Send Message
Response Time: Within a day
Calendar Updated: 2 days ago
$10,000 Peace of Mind Guarantee
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing