“Dirty and unprofessional” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Caffe Nero

Caffe Nero
29 Southampton Street, London, England (Trafalgar Square / Embankment)
Improve this listing
Ranked #3,628 of 17,879 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Neighborhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
london
“Dirty and unprofessional”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Popped into Nero at around 4pm this afternoon most tables occupied but the 3 tables that were unoccupied were filthy,cluttered and unusable. Whilst in the ordering line I did ask if a table could be cleared but this was left for the customer to sort. The 2 visible members of staff a Male and Female were so far removed from customer service..so not interested. I watched other customers over my 30 minutes stay and they all had to clear tables before they could settle down to relax.. Really unfair don't you think. Pret Manger has opened a larger establishment and I shall go there from now on.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Conway, MA
“Great cappuccino and delicious treats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We have always had good experiences at the Caffee Nero chain, and this was no exception. We find their cappuccino to be especially good and the sweets delicious. We have visited many of their caffe locations.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

I love to spend time here specially weekends for a coffee. The warm environment with light music is so welcoming that I often come here. White chocolate and latte are my favourite but I do enjoy chilled drinks as well as cakes. So delicious ..... and ya thanks all the guys out there for the drinks

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong, China
3,396 reviews 3,396 reviews
1,188 restaurant reviews
8,791 helpful votes 8,791 helpful votes
“Caffe Nero - Two failed stops during our last trip to London”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We visited the London based chain called Caffe Nero on two occasions during our recent trip to London. Unfortunately, while food served at both shops seemed fine, the coffee drinks failed to leave a good impression and had us seeking better coffee drinks elsewhere during the rest of our trip to London.

On one occasion we tried their seasonal Roasted Hazelnut Latte and Amaretto Latte drinks at this Caffe Nero at Covent Garden. Both drinks were made quite poorly, being overwhelmingly sweet and tasting more of syrupy warm milk than coffee drinks (rating 2 of 5). Would suggest sticking to the traditional coffee drinks but we didn't find these very good either when we tried at a Caffe Nero near Trafalgar Square.

We also tried a Walnut Brownie and slice of chocolate cake that both tasted quite good (rating 3.5 of 5). These were nice little dessert options actually and worth ordering again. Similarly, our breakfast foods tried at the Trafalgar branch were quite good.

Overall, after a second failed try at Caffe Nero shops, we were left with the impression that is might be best to skip coffee drinks here or to seek other coffee shops around the city.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, United Kingdom
“I am Italian and for me the caffe nero coffè is a fake Italian coffee”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I am Italian and for me the caffe nero coffè is a fake Italian coffee.
I don't undestrand how they can say thaat is Italian coffe. I didn't see one caffe nero bar in Italy, exist only in abroad and maybe in milan, but in Milan you can find also fake Italian food, so it is possible.
I am Italian and I don't understend why they can say that it is Italian style!!!where they saw this kind of place in Italy! doesn't exist!
If this bar take italian waiters is not meaning that the place became Italian. Even though because are also to much friendly only to show a kind of Italian style but in Italy nobody in a bar have this kind of style.
Anyway, I am Italian and I would like to preserve the real Italian style, food and drink

• Visited August 2013