“You can find better restaurants in Canary Wharf” 3 of 5 stars

020 3002 5252
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jamie's Italian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,096 of 17,041 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of the imposing Canary Wharf area of London's Docklands, Jamie's Italian is the superb Italian restaurant from team Jamie Oliver, offering fantastic rustic Italian dishes with a touch of the Oliver magic. A relative newcomer to the Canary Wharf restaurant scene, Jamie's Italian not only attracts the hordes of local suited and booted from the nearby office towers, but also a good section of local residents and visiting shoppers. The menu is terrific with delicious back to basics dishes using the freshest of ingredients. Prices are surprisingly affordable too and the vibe is lively and informal. A great all rounder.
“You can find better restaurants in Canary Wharf”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Because we had such a tremendous dinner at Jamie's Italian Covent Garden last July, my friend and I decided to visit Jamies again, but then at Canary Wharf as it is nearer our flat.

As the previous dinner was excellent, our expectations were very high. However, our expectations weren't met at all.

We were served by a young gentleman - I think he introduced himself as Sebastian - who literally kneeled down next to the table to take our order. No offense, but I do not like waiters 'getting in my personal space.' I've been waiting myself for years, so I believe I have the right to say this without sounding like a snob.

My maincourse was just not really good. I ordered the truffle pasta with parmesan cheese. The pasta was fresh - at least that's what they told me - but it was very dry and tasteless. Plus, I didn't discover any truffle or parmesan cheese...

When we finished our main course, we wanted to ordered some more wine. No waiter nowhere. After 15 minutes we ordered with another waiter than our own, which resulted in us waiting about 20 minutes for our glasses of wine.

All with all, not a great restaurant. Service and food weren't great. Wouldn't recommend anyone to visit Jamie's Italian Canary Wharf. Go to Covent Garden - it's amazing!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Turkish first
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Get a grip!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Went with wife, sons & partners at my suggestion. What an embarrassment. Sat next to disabled toilets, and waited patiently for our order to be taken. Slow & scruffy staff. Had to give the waiter four chipped plates to replace. My rib eye steak (medium rare) eventually came cold, my wife's pasta was cold and sticky and the other 3 meals were just ok. I told the waiter about my steak and she took it away to return after 10 minutes with a fatty piece of overlooked meat which I left. My wife left hers and by this time the boys were so hungry they ate theirs. The chips were cold and arrived when they had nearly finished. To be fair the waiter said he would not charge me for the steak, but I paid anyway, I don't want free food, just food that is edible, and served at the same time. A very expensive disaster, not to be repeated. Get a grip Jamie!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Epping, United Kingdom
“First and last”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Christmas shopping with my family - thought we would finish it off with nice meal.......dry burger- no seasoning, spaghetti could have come from a tin and carbonara - bland & boring. Ordered side potatoes - smelt old & earthy. Only good thing about meal was the lamb cutlets which were tender & cooked perfectly....so as for Italian...forget it !!

Visited December 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Soo good we stayed for 4 hours!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Met up with a friend for lunch and decided to try this restaurant. The atmosphere was really good with plenty of choice on the drinks and food menu. Staff friendly. When meal arrived plenty on the plate and tasted great!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bournemouth
“Great family friendly restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Great restaurant, good service. On a par with Pizza Express in terms of food, service and customers. If you're looking for an upmarket Jamie Oliver experience, then this won't be for you.

Service was quick, food reasonably priced and tasted great. Worthy of a particular mention is our waiter, 'Seb' who spent a lot of time keeping my 5 year old occupied.

Family friendly, good vibe and it's in a great, central location. Only criticism would be that for 4 people sat at one table, the table itself was quite small. But, didn't impact our overall experience.

As I said before, if you are looking for a Michellin star experience, then look elsewhere. If you're looking for a nice time with friends or family with good food and service, then this will be for you.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere