“Great Meal Out” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Greedy Cow

The Greedy Cow
2 Grove Road | Mile End, London e3 5ax, England (East End / East London)
0208 983 3304
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,651 of 18,011 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Hamburgers
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Neighborhood: East End / East London
Description: We Defy Definition - Yes, we do burgers, but we aren’t a burger joint. We do steaks, but we aren’t a steakhouse...Fresh - The word that inspired the creation of the Greedy Cow which continues to inspire our food today...We simply aim to bring you the best fresh produce and cook it in the most innovative and flavoursome ways, to deliver you a meal that will fill your stomach without emptying your wallet!...
Loughton
“Great Meal Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband works nearby, so we thought we'd pop in and try it out. It was a Thursday night and had to wait a little while to get seated. Service was slow at times and we found ourselves looking around to get their attention but food was fantastic!!

We thought we would try a few things off the 'Specials Board' and weren't disappointed. We had the crab balls to start- which were full of flavour and just melted when we ate them! For mains we shared the ribs off the Specials and they were fantastic and just fell off the bone!

Friendly Staff and fantastic food -Would definatley go back and try a few other things off the menu

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, England, United Kingdom
“A very bad experience! Will not return back!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

It's a Saturday night and me and my boyfriend decided to get a takeaway as a little treat. As we passed Greedy Cow restaurant and saw the menu and all the awards posters so we got in. There were only 4 tables occupied. At the arrival one of the staff told us to take our hats off (a bit rude, no?) and sat us on the bench where lady asked us what we want. I went for a veggie burger...WRONG CHOICE! It came already within 4 min. When I came home I couldn't believe..two pieces of white bun, one tomato , two slices of red onion, mayo and cold soggy, burger! All yours for whopping £6.95. It ruined my excitement completely. It makes me think that a burger was premade and just heated, absolutely no excuse for a bad product!!! And so so service.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Wouldn't return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

My boyfriend lives in Mile End and had wanted to go for a while, if you don't live in the area I really wouldn't bother going out of your way to dine here.

ATMOSPHERE: The dining room is tiny and to maximise revenue they have squashed as many tables as physically possible into the room, with scant regard for atmosphere or how awkward it may be to eat 2 inches from the next table.

FOOD: Starters of chicken wings and prawns were absolutely tasteless, pathetic and took an age to arrive. Main course of steak and a American Burger were just average. Rare steak arrived Bleu, had to send it back immediately. Sides were ok.

SERVICE: Young people with no service skills, passion or direction from a manager. No real 'service' other than putting the plates on the table.

At the end of the meal none of the desserts appealed to us so we were presented with a bill neither of us asked for. Yes, while I can see you are turning the tables as fast as possible, I would NEVER expect to be given the 'get the **** out' style of service in giving a bill that hadn't been requested. I have never had that happen to me before. We stayed chatting for an extra half hour out of frustration.

Not the best at £70 for 2 starters 2 mains 2 soft drinks and 2 pints.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I'm a bit of a burger fan, and have been testing out places all over London, and when I moved locally to Greedy Cow it seemed obvious to check it out. Well, I wish I hadn't. I had the Iberico Pork burger, 12.95 with no sides included, and my GF had a cheeseburger with portobello mushroom, which was about 9.50, again no sides included in that price. Both were almost completely flavourless, mine had something to it I guess but at that price for a burger with no sides included it was very poor, and my GF's was comfortably the worst beef burger either of us has had in London.

The service was pretty poor too - friendly enough but we wanted to get off and had to ask 3 times to get the bill, including going up and approaching the counter the first time as nobody came within eye-contact range for where we were sat for such a long time. This was Saturday lunchtime, and the venue wasn't even half full, so its not like they were rushed off their feet or anything.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Fanastic burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Ordered the Classic burger cooked rare (Yes, I took the death-defying risk GBK...).

Genuinely the best burger I've ever had. Perfectly balanced. Made me really want to take my time with it.

Served with deliciously greasy onion rings.

£10 for burger and a side.

• Visited September 2013