“Bad! Never going back” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8,538 of 18,011 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The restaurant has a 'contemporary retro' style first seen at the flagship restaurant in Goodge Street W1 in 1955, an eye-catching high seating counter leads you into the main restaurant boasting an impressive 'temperature controlled' wine display, with a combination of red leather banquette, booth seating, iconic Italian images and a unique Italian music profile; our latest restaurant promises a stylish continental ambiance
“Bad! Never going back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

The food was mostly bad! The bread was the only good thing to be honest! The salmon was very smelly and the pasta was too oily! Very bad experience! The service was bad. The waitresses and the manager as well were very rude! Never going back for sure.

• 1 of 5 stars Food

London
“Inedible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The food at the Spaghetti House in Westfield was indescribably awful. I ordered smoked duck salad and what I was presented with was nothing short of a starter size, deep fat fried shavings of duck on some bland lettuce. I sent it back and granted they didn't charge me for the food that I couldn't eat but still charged me for the wine. Will not be going back!

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“Go somewhere else.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Yesterday, after a second visit this year to London and to Westfields, (we are from Leicestershire), we decided to eat once again at the Spaghetti House in the Westfields after seeing a big queue for Nando’s and Pizza Express. Bad mistake – we should have queued!

The meal started off with the waitress shouting at me and my friend to ‘wait there’, she then ignored us and we had to wait for another member of staff to come and seat us. This waitress gave us the menu’s, took my friends drink order and dashed off – before I could order mine!
His drink appeared and I had to ask to order mine, to which she didn't seem impressed! She then took our food order and dashed off once again. I ordered the Margherita Pizza with Rosemary Potatoes and my friend ordered a chicken and bacon pizza. After this is when my
drink arrived.

The pizza’s arrived after around 10-15 minutes, mine tasted watery and was chewy. My friend said the chicken and bacon on his was rubbery. After about 10 minutes the Rosemary potatoes arrived, and although tasty they were rubbery as if they had been sat under a heat lamp for a long time yet they were burnt on the outside and they were swimming in about an inch of oil!

During the ‘check back’, the waitress said ‘everything is OK’ and promptly dashed off – not giving me chance to tell her that we weren't happy with the food or service (maybe working in a nice restaurant myself I expect a high standard of service, but is it so much to ask to order my drink at the same time as a friend, to have food arrive at the same time as sides and to have food that is cooked by people who care about it? As the waiting staff and chefs here don’t seem to care, they just want as many covers as possible!)

After this, we couldn't bring ourselves to stay for dessert so asked for the bill. We went and enjoyed a lovely Krispy Kreme doughnut for pudding - I bet it was far nicer than any of their desserts!

While we were still eating, another waitress came over and attempted to take my friends pizza and replace it with a salmon pasta (which we hadn’t ordered), after saying ‘no that's not ours’ she seemed annoyed and aggressive that it wasn't ours by saying ‘what do you mean you didn't order this?!’ she then plonked it onto the table next to us and made those customers left shocked at watching us receive it and then them only get 1 meal from the 2 they ordered!
It is a very loud place to eat if you sit in the outside area which is underneath escalators, I couldn't really speak to my friend as I couldn't hear him, and although the restaurant can’t help this because of the shopping centre surroundings, they could try and put up wicker panels to try and block out the noise a little but also to give a little privacy as I felt very looked over.

Our first experience was not much better, poor service and poor food. If you want good food with a good standard of service I recommend Nando’s or Pizza Express – they’re obviously doing something right for them to have long queues! They need to put their staff through customer service training and teach them not to shout so harshly!

We will not be returning to any Spaghetti House because of these 2 poor experiences, neither will we recommend it to any of our friends or family. It was a bad end to our otherwise fantastic day out to London.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Average leaning towards good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I eat here about twice a year and every time I am made to remember why I gave it a miss for 6 months.
I am a fan of italian food and there food is in my opinion pretty good. what makes it average is the service, without fail its always a drag to wait to place order, than a further drag to get parmesan and god help you if you want a drink refill. i do think they need more staff and having been there over 6 times in the past few years its always been the same thing.
there starter bruschetta is nice and generous, the dough fritters are cute, we always have the shared spaghetti and its ok tasting. I do wish they would hire just one more waiter and i would return more often.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Poor service and mediocre food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

It was a meal for my 21st birthday, we had a special weekend in london booked with my family. Everyhting was fine when we arrived, ordered our food which arrived in good time. The food was decent, nothing special, my dad found his meal to be rather bland. A side of chips was ordered and we had to remind two members of staff during our meal that our side had not arrived (we think they forgot to order it). Eventually the chips arrived and the waitor placed it on the table after we had finished our meals - we did not eat the chips and were not impressed. We requested to take the chips off the bill as we had already finished our meals.. then asked to see the desert menu. Before the waitress arrived with the desert menu, the manager placed the bill on our table with an apology before we responded saying we wanted deserts!! Feeling uncomfortable, we decided against desert and quickly paid and will not go back there again.

• Visited November 2012