“Dogfood! Avoid at all costs!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Yialousa Greek Taverna

Yialousa Greek Taverna
18 Woburn Place, London WC1H 0LU, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)
+44 20 7837 4748
Improve this listing
Ranked #6,172 of 18,113 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Greek, Turkish
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury / Holborn
“Dogfood! Avoid at all costs!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

That's the most horrible greek restaurant I've ever been to. And it's not even greek, the owners and chef are turkish! I got served bad quality probably frozen chicken and rise in a dish with melted cheese and some more unknown stuff thrown together. Honest to god it was like someone threw up on my dish! When I said to the chef it was disgusting and I couldn't eat he didn't do anything to change it. I'm still angry! Avoid at all costs. Food is like dog food! Horrible experience! I'm greek from alexandroupolis greece.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Derbyshire
“a taste of Greece on a cold London evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

staying over in London for a business meeting I fancied something for a change from the usual Indian or Chinese restaurants and came across Yialousa
a good starter of Greek sausage was followed by a beautifully cooked Rabbit Styfado special with Tiramisu as dessert, all washed down with Cypriot Keo beer - very enjoyable
the atmosphere was relaxed, the service good and the prices reasonable - what more could you ask for?

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Excellant service, fabouls food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Having been in London for a meeting I took the opportunity to catch up with a Friend for dinner and we stumbled across this place and we were very pleased we did. We opted for the Mezza which for £14.99 was incredible! The wide variety of different dips, Greek salad, mosaka, pork in red wine, lamb and chicken kebabs to name but a few of the dishes were all really well cooked and very tasty! There was a really nice atmosphere and If I hadn't been booked on a train I would of loved to stay and tried one of the deserts.

I would also like to mention a special thank you to Lesder (Owner/Manager) who found my mobile phone that I had dropped outside the restaurant (by which time I was back on the train to Liverpool!!!) and kept hold of the phone all week until my friend was able to pick it up for me! It's great to see there are still conscious people around!

Thank you Lesder, I will defiantly return to your restaurant next time in London and have recommended you to my colleagues!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brampton, United Kingdom
“Early Evening Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was the second time we have eaten here. The service is really good. The Greek food is lovely. The wine is reasonably priced. Its a good meal if you are in London and want a taste of Greece or Cyprus. They even have Keo beer.

Visited March 2013
Newmarket, United Kingdom
“Avoid !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Our daughter booked this restaurant for a mothers day lunch time meal, first impressions were good , nice looking place , but not that many people in there.
We have been to Greece many times , have Greek friends and know good Greek food when we have it . This was a total disappointment, two of our starters were obviously just microwaved and served, the dolmades looked and tasted if they were some days old. Things didnt get better for the main courses, bar one , the kleftico was good but again showed signs of being reheated , as for the mousaka, a slab of microwaved food , that was nicely bubbling at the edges , no taste , no salad served with it , pretty awful !

• Visited March 2013