“Excellant service, fabouls food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yialousa Greek Taverna

Yialousa Greek Taverna
18 Woburn Place, London WC1H 0LU, England (Bloomsbury)
+44 20 7837 4748
Improve this listing
Ranked #6,012 of 18,317 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Greek, Turkish
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Excellant service, fabouls food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Having been in London for a meeting I took the opportunity to catch up with a Friend for dinner and we stumbled across this place and we were very pleased we did. We opted for the Mezza which for £14.99 was incredible! The wide variety of different dips, Greek salad, mosaka, pork in red wine, lamb and chicken kebabs to name but a few of the dishes were all really well cooked and very tasty! There was a really nice atmosphere and If I hadn't been booked on a train I would of loved to stay and tried one of the deserts.

I would also like to mention a special thank you to Lesder (Owner/Manager) who found my mobile phone that I had dropped outside the restaurant (by which time I was back on the train to Liverpool!!!) and kept hold of the phone all week until my friend was able to pick it up for me! It's great to see there are still conscious people around!

Thank you Lesder, I will defiantly return to your restaurant next time in London and have recommended you to my colleagues!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Brampton, United Kingdom
“Early Evening Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was the second time we have eaten here. The service is really good. The Greek food is lovely. The wine is reasonably priced. Its a good meal if you are in London and want a taste of Greece or Cyprus. They even have Keo beer.

Visited March 2013
Newmarket, United Kingdom
“Avoid !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Our daughter booked this restaurant for a mothers day lunch time meal, first impressions were good , nice looking place , but not that many people in there.
We have been to Greece many times , have Greek friends and know good Greek food when we have it . This was a total disappointment, two of our starters were obviously just microwaved and served, the dolmades looked and tasted if they were some days old. Things didnt get better for the main courses, bar one , the kleftico was good but again showed signs of being reheated , as for the mousaka, a slab of microwaved food , that was nicely bubbling at the edges , no taste , no salad served with it , pretty awful !

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Totally over-faced!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Modern decor and very friendly staff. Food was excellent but I really should not have had a starter! House wine was very good.

Visited February 2013
Sydney, Canada
“Meze Feast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Found this restaurant across the street from the London pub which was our first choice but it was crowded. Yialousa had a small crowd and wlooked nice so we choose there. I'm glad I hadn't read the reviews here first as we would have given it a skip. The staff were friendly, even if their grasp of English was tentative. The Meze was huge, with a wide variety. The only part I didn't like was the pork in wine was a bit dry, but everything else was supurb. We had retsina with the meal that was lovely. Would go again.

• Visited January 2013