“Avoid !!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Yialousa Greek Taverna

Yialousa Greek Taverna
18 Woburn Place, London WC1H 0LU, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)
+44 20 7837 4748
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury / Holborn
Newmarket, United Kingdom
“Avoid !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Our daughter booked this restaurant for a mothers day lunch time meal, first impressions were good , nice looking place , but not that many people in there.
We have been to Greece many times , have Greek friends and know good Greek food when we have it . This was a total disappointment, two of our starters were obviously just microwaved and served, the dolmades looked and tasted if they were some days old. Things didnt get better for the main courses, bar one , the kleftico was good but again showed signs of being reheated , as for the mousaka, a slab of microwaved food , that was nicely bubbling at the edges , no taste , no salad served with it , pretty awful !

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

50% Recommend
  • Greek first
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Totally over-faced!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Modern decor and very friendly staff. Food was excellent but I really should not have had a starter! House wine was very good.

Visited February 2013
Sydney, Canada
“Meze Feast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Found this restaurant across the street from the London pub which was our first choice but it was crowded. Yialousa had a small crowd and wlooked nice so we choose there. I'm glad I hadn't read the reviews here first as we would have given it a skip. The staff were friendly, even if their grasp of English was tentative. The Meze was huge, with a wide variety. The only part I didn't like was the pork in wine was a bit dry, but everything else was supurb. We had retsina with the meal that was lovely. Would go again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bedlington
“Our 6 monthly visit never fails to please”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We visit London a couple of times a year and have done so since we left the are five years ago - the hotel we booked originally was opposite the restaurant, we now stay at the smaller President but we always make sure we return to this restaurant. this time we met up with two friends, one of whom had visited it with us two years ago and remembered it fondly. The quality did dip about a year ago but it really is back on best form - speaking as somewhat of a fanatic about kleftiko(n) this was first class - i confess I only managed to finish it by leaving the vegetables - my friend Karen chose the (to my mind) wrong option of finishing the vegetabls but not the lamb. Both men in the group chose afeilia and both were defeated by the portion. Our starters were also greatly appreciated (probably not needed by those of small appetites) and dI can honestly say the whitebait was exemplary. Service was excellent but not obtrusive and the prices are really good for this part of London.

• Visited January 2013
Newtonmore, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Best mixed grill I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

I'd come again. And again, and again. Couldn't fauult the place. I must admit I was attracked by the fairy lights outside, but I'm so pleased I was.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere