“Our 6 monthly visit never fails to please” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yialousa Greek Taverna

Yialousa Greek Taverna
18 Woburn Place, London WC1H 0LU, England (Bloomsbury)
+44 20 7837 4748
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4,319 of 19,592 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Greek, American, Mediterranean, European, Turkish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Bedlington
“Our 6 monthly visit never fails to please”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We visit London a couple of times a year and have done so since we left the are five years ago - the hotel we booked originally was opposite the restaurant, we now stay at the smaller President but we always make sure we return to this restaurant. this time we met up with two friends, one of whom had visited it with us two years ago and remembered it fondly. The quality did dip about a year ago but it really is back on best form - speaking as somewhat of a fanatic about kleftiko(n) this was first class - i confess I only managed to finish it by leaving the vegetables - my friend Karen chose the (to my mind) wrong option of finishing the vegetabls but not the lamb. Both men in the group chose afeilia and both were defeated by the portion. Our starters were also greatly appreciated (probably not needed by those of small appetites) and dI can honestly say the whitebait was exemplary. Service was excellent but not obtrusive and the prices are really good for this part of London.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Sandra H

Newtonmore, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Best mixed grill I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I'd come again. And again, and again. Couldn't fauult the place. I must admit I was attracked by the fairy lights outside, but I'm so pleased I was.

• 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Mark T
Dublin, Ireland
“Meze marvellous !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Found this lovely little restaurant right opposite the Royal National hotel where we were staying overnight. Our party of 7 all went for the meze - which was a wonderful selection of different dishes. Was great value - as we had numerous bottles of wine (think it worked out at roughly 1 bottle per person), lager & soft drinks - and was roughly £25 per person.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank thejackster
“A terrible example of Greek food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I ate here last year whilst staying in the area on business. We attempted to eat at local/non-chain restaurants during our 5 day stay in London and this was close to my hotel. The food was poor. I went for the moussaka thinking that a Greek restaurant should be able to create a good one every time - it was terrible and just thrown together with whatever ingredients they could put their hands on.

The interior was very scruffy and the waiting staff were not overly polite. At a table nearby, a man was having to have serious words with the manager as things had been added to his bill which he hadn't had, so we were careful to scrutinise our bill.

I would not recommend this to anyone staying in the Russell Square area.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Exeter, United Kingdom
“not special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

had a very average meal here. nothing appalling but nothing i would recommend either. service was adequate but a bit disinterested. wouldnt go back

Visited December 2012