“Best mixed grill I've ever had” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yialousa Greek Taverna

Yialousa Greek Taverna
18 Woburn Place, London WC1H 0LU, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)
+44 20 7837 4748
Improve this listing
Ranked #6,788 of 17,147 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Greek, Turkish
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury / Holborn
Newtonmore, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Best mixed grill I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

I'd come again. And again, and again. Couldn't fauult the place. I must admit I was attracked by the fairy lights outside, but I'm so pleased I was.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

50% Recommend
  • Greek first
Dublin, Ireland
“Meze marvellous !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Found this lovely little restaurant right opposite the Royal National hotel where we were staying overnight. Our party of 7 all went for the meze - which was a wonderful selection of different dishes. Was great value - as we had numerous bottles of wine (think it worked out at roughly 1 bottle per person), lager & soft drinks - and was roughly £25 per person.

Visited December 2012
“A terrible example of Greek food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I ate here last year whilst staying in the area on business. We attempted to eat at local/non-chain restaurants during our 5 day stay in London and this was close to my hotel. The food was poor. I went for the moussaka thinking that a Greek restaurant should be able to create a good one every time - it was terrible and just thrown together with whatever ingredients they could put their hands on.

The interior was very scruffy and the waiting staff were not overly polite. At a table nearby, a man was having to have serious words with the manager as things had been added to his bill which he hadn't had, so we were careful to scrutinise our bill.

I would not recommend this to anyone staying in the Russell Square area.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Exeter, United Kingdom
“not special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

had a very average meal here. nothing appalling but nothing i would recommend either. service was adequate but a bit disinterested. wouldnt go back

Visited December 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Unpretentious, no table cloths, bright lighting, but nice food in generous portions.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This conveniently placed greek cafe is staffed by friendly, attentive people. The food is served in generous portions and is good quality. Presentation is sometimes poor, but if you are looking for a plateful of tasty food at a reasonable price you should not be disapoointed. The meze (£30 for 2) is especially good.

• Visited December 2012