“Another great experience at an Apex hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Apex London Wall Hotel

You added Apex London Wall Hotel to your Saves list
Apex London Wall Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7-9 Copthall Avenue, London EC2R 7NJ, England (City of London)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #34 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Romsey, United Kingdom
“Another great experience at an Apex hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed at Apex Temple last year and had a superb time- needed an overnight stay this weekend and the Temple was full so we got a room at London Wall. As before a lovely room in an excellent location. Very smart, beautifully designed rooms. Superb friendly service. All that you could want from a London Hotel without spending an arm and a leg. Brilliant

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reigate
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We were fortunate enough to stay at the Apex London Wall Hotel a couple of weeks ago and were very impressed with the hotel, staff and location.

We booked our Superior King room (with a bottle of prosecco) through Travelzoo and upon arrival, were greeted by a very polite, courteous and immaculately dressed young lady who took our voucher, details and asked if we would like our prosecco now or later. We told her now and went up to our room. Absolutely fantastic –luxurious and tastefully decorated and the bed was huge with several plumped-up cushions. There was a sofa at the foot of the bed, a good size coffee table and a huge television. The en-suite was absolutely spotlessly clean and well appointed with all the toiletries you could need. The shower was a large, double size Texas-style walk in enclosure and there were two fluffy white towelling bath robes.

There was a knock at the door and our prosecco arrived, on ice, and I thanked the young lady and just happened to mention (to my husband really) that it would be nice to have some nibbly nuts or crisps to enjoy with it. No sooner had I said this, the young lady said she would bring some to our room. Five minutes later, she arrived with a tray of nuts, crisps and tasty morsels. I thought this was a very nice gesture and very thoughtful of her. The processo was delicious and as it was raining outside, we sat and watched television in comfort.

After looking in some very large cupboards and wardrobes, I found tea/coffee making facilities (with decent size large cups) and complimentary packets of biscuits and Pringles. There was also a hairdryer, iron, ironing board and suit press.

I didn’t want to get out of the extremely comfortable bed the next day. I’ve never slept so well in a hotel before. The shower was wonderful with good water pressure and afterwards, I felt completely pampered as I sat on the bed in my lovely soft, fluffy towelling bath robe – how decadent! Our room had everything we wanted and needed.

Unfortunately, we didn’t stay for breakfast but I’ve been told the restaurant is of a very high standard.

There are three basic things I always look for in a hotel – a decent bed, a decent shower and decent black-out curtains. This hotel ticked all the boxes and more!

I would definitely stay at this hotel again and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a luxury hotel, exceptionally run and excellent value for money. It was a real pleasure staying at the Apex London Wall Hotel and we could not have asked for better service. All the staff should be commended for their professional, friendly and courteous attitude towards their guests – Thank You.

Room Tip: All the rooms are GREAT!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lichfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed here as we were attending a wedding close by and the hotel surpassed our expectations in terms of decor and the friendliness of the staff there.
Nothing was too much trouble for them and we were very impressed.
The room was fantastic with a roll top bath and great amenities.
Breakfast I could only give a 7 out of 10 as the sausages and bacon were not to my liking - the rest of the breakfast including the fruit plate were spot on though.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Loved the hotel,really new, clean and modern... In the business quarter, rooms were fantastic, lovely showers great beds and tv with sky movies ,sky sports all on there for free .. Mini bar was good........,

• Stayed May 2013
New York City, New York, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

The Apex London Wall is convenient to my office and was an ideal choice for a business trip. It also is very close to the Moorgate tube which made it easy to get around. The staff was friendly and accommodating and the quality of the hotel is nice--spacious rooms compared to other hotels in the area at which I've stayed and the fitness facility was a nice amenity. I found it to be very loud and as a result I did not get a single night of good sleep the whole week. Though it's on a quiet street I heard trucks going by in the middle of the night and lots of noises from the ceiling (pipes? ac?). The air conditioning was another problem. There we no sheets on the bed, only a very heavy comforter. Before going to bed I would turn the air down low since the blanket was so warm only to wake up in sweats in the middle of the night to find the air conditioner had automatically reset to 5 degrees warmer. This was pretty unpleasant and when also overcoming jetlag, contributed to very poor sleep. Other than this the room was comfortable, but I don't know if I would stay here again as a result.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor. I would imagine higher up would not be as loud (I was on 3).
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SimonDavisJunior, General Manager at Apex London Wall Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Alex M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent visit to the Apex London Wall Hotel and I hope you had a pleasant return journey to New York City.

Your invaluable feedback and kind comments regarding our customer service, central location and quality of product is important to ensure that we continually deliver the ultimate experience Apex London Wall is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits. At the same time, I was concerned to read that on this occasion we did not meet some of your expectations regarding the comfort of your room and apologise for the inconvenience this caused during your visit.

We would very much like to welcome you back to the Apex London Wall Hotel during your future trips and ensure that you have a more comfortable stay. I have sent you a personal message separately so that we may be able to arrange this for you.

Yours sincerely,

Simon Davis
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed at the Apex London Wall for one night during meetings, late checkin and early checkout, but regardless of that, I enjoyed my stay. The bathroom was luxurious and large. The room was very spacious. The room was quiet and fast checkout in the morning for business travelers which is something I really appreciate.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

convenient to the city. Good restaraunt. Very helpful staff. Sent me an email to let me know the cleaners damaged a shirt and offered to replace or reimburse. When I declined they removed all laundry charges anyway. Are not great on weekends as many restaruants outside hotel closed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Apex London Wall Hotel? Share your experiences!