“More than just a hotel...” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Apex London Wall Hotel to your Saves list
Expedia.com Agoda.com
Apex London Wall Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7-9 Copthall Avenue, London EC2R 7NJ, England (City of London)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 30%
Ranked #21 of 1,071 hotels in London
Chorley, United Kingdom
“More than just a hotel...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

This really is more than a hotel,very impressed with the rooms. They are split into a living area with flat screen,bar,etc and the bed area with a further flat screen,telephone etc.This makes it feel like an apartment rather than just a room. The bathroom follows on with this fantastic theme,with a walk in shower and bath which is larger than most.
More importantly, the staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough for you. If you wanted something,ask...simple. Plenty of genuine people work here with manners beyond most.
Breakfast service.again is second to non,even though we came.down late, it seemed we could have stayed sipping coffee all day!
Hotel comes highly recommended...

• Stayed December 2012

936 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Hilversum, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We booked here based on the excellent rating on TA and were quite pleased with the result.
The hotel is modern, clean and the room we had (junior suite) has a decent size for London. The bathroom especially was very spacious with a very good shower and standalone tub.
Beds are large and comfortable, and entertainment-wise you'll also have little to complain since there are two large tv's, an iPod-dock, bluray-player and home cinema sound system. How anyone could really use the huge subwoofer in a hotel room is beyond me, but ok. The WiFi has an annoying login system but is quite fast (10 Mbps) and, more importantly, free.

There are some clever touches that we really appreciated: most hotels charge you upwards of 20 pounds per person for the simplest of breakfasts - which always is way to much, but at the Apex you can pick whatever you want from a menu to create your own selection. Most items are only 1.50 to 3 pounds, so you can have a nice breakfast delivered to your room for about 6 to 8 pound per person, which in my view is good value. We also had dinner in the Off the Wall restaurant twice (we travelled with friends with a small child), which was not bad but also not very inspiring. They do make a nice cocktail though.

Staff is friendly but could improve on some small issues to make them really stand out.
For example, allthough we ordered room service breakfast every day the order form was never renewed, so each night we had to call the reception to get a new one. You would think that after one time the staff would remember. The turndown-service was equally inconsistent: the first night we got it, the second night we didn't, the third night it was offered but we declined, and the last night it was again not offered. This is the sort of attention to detail and consistency that can make a hotel truely stand out and doesn't need to be reserved for 5*-hotels only.

The location is right in the middle of the business district, in a quiet street just off Moorgate. Perfect if you want to sleep soundly because there is no traffic noise but this also means - and you really have to realize this - that _everything_ is closed during weekends. If you walk to Liverpool Street Station some restaurants will be open but if you want to have some choice during the weekend you'll have to travel. Luckily, with Moorgate and Bank underground stations around the corner and Liverpool Street Station a little farther away this is very easy. A taxi to Soho will set you back about 12-16 pounds.
In contrast, during business hours you'll be almost spoiled for choice since there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops and stores open.

We paid about 190 pounds per night (excluding breakfast) for a junior suite and this felt like very good value compared to other hotels in London with similar sized rooms. If you need to be in the City or don't mind a little travel to get to the main attractions the Apex London Wall is an excellent choice.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Just returned yesterday from a 4 night stay at this hotel. Hotel was fresh and clean and the rooms where nice. I would say it was overpriced for the service provided. I have stayed in smaller cheaper hotels and received a much better service. It was also noticeable that English was not the first language of all the staff within the hotel. During our stay here our room was entered one morning just before 8.00am by a maid while we were still in bed sleeping which woke us up, she noticed we were still in our beds and apologised and left. She then done the same thing again an hour later at 9.00am waking us up again. I think this is very inappropriate and was an invasion of our privacy. With that night being Hogmanay we decided to eat in our room with both my partner and I ordering a beef madras. The food was served promptly however it was very poor in both quantity and quality. The rice had clearly not been drained before it had been put onto the plate and the sauce was heaped on top. I pushed the sauce on top to the side to separate it from the rice I then noticed that my beef madras curry looked more like soup as the rice was swimming in water. Each meal cost £16.50. We began to eat the dinner but quite quickly gave up and called down to reception for the plates are collected. With that night being Hogmanay we decided to just have a few drinks in our room and forget about the meal and enjoy the rest of our night.
The next day I raised both issues with management about the maid entering the room and the poor quality of food. Management said they would raise the issue with the head of kitchen and head of housekeeping. On checking out of the hotel I spoke to the same manager and said all she could do was apologise and give us advice for future visits. Over all the hotel was comfortable and pleasant to stay in, beds were great and room was regularly cleaned. Bathroom was nice and towels where changed regularly however we did notice we were only provided with 1 toilet roll and luckily there where also tissues in the room which we had to use when the toilet roll ran out. On arrival to the hotel we weren’t provided with any additional information about the hotel and its facilities and also about London itself. Being a regular traveller I have noticed that on other trips I have been on the hotel have been very helpful and provided us with a map and places of interest. However when we did arrive and checked in we were asked would we like complimentary newspapers or morning wake up calls. I think this hotel should go back to focusing on getting the basics right and then work on the added extras. With regards to location if you are planning on visiting the city of London I wouldn't recommend this hotel as it is not very central. We managed fine with the use of the underground however I would suggest choosing a different hotel as you could find a hotel more central for the same price or even cheaper. If you are planning on taking any drinks or nibbles back to your room ensure you buy them before returning back to the hotel as there is nothing nearby to purchase anything. This was my 5th visit to London and I always enjoy my time there. With my partner paying extra to make our stay more comfortable and luxurious I had much higher expectations which unfortunately didn’t match up to the service provided.

Truro, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I chose to stay here based on the rating and reviews here. As expected the hotel did not disappoint. I stayed in a junior suite and found it modern and tastefully decorated. For London, the room was a decent size but not particularly large. It was nice to have 2 TVs and a separate bedroom and lounging area. The room was on the corner of the building, no balcony and looked out onto the entrance road and an office block. It was pretty quiet as we stayed on a weekend and nowhere in the vicinity was open, however there was what I think was a fire alarm going off for a few hours in one of the buildings opposite, which thankfully did stop before the evening.

As you can see by the location, the hotel is in the middle of the office district, so there are no nearby cafes or restaurants or shops open on the weekend. However this didn't bother us as we wanted to get out and explore other areas of the city anyway. Liverpool Street station is a 5min walk away.

Service was excellent and personal as you would expect from a hotel lf this standard. We were offered a voucher, I think £10, towards food or drink at the bar downstairs, however we did not make use of this as we had other plans.

Only odd things about the hotel were in the bathroom; the toilet seats were really uncomfortable to sit on, not just in the room, but the toilets for the bar downstairs were the same. Sounds weird, but it's one of the things that stuck in my mind! Also the bathroom contained Bvlgari complimentary toiletries that I was not impressed with at all. I know they are a good brand, but I have seen much nicer toiletries elsewhere.

All in all I found the hotel great value for money as long as you don't mind the location.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Norfolk UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here for one night having booked it after reading the excellent reviews on trip advisor and we certainly were not disappointed. My husband e mailed them beforehand informing them that our stay was part of a wedding anniversary celebration.
On arrival our check in was quickly completed by extremely polite and welcoming staff and we were issued with a complimentary voucher for £10 to use in the hotel. We found on entering our room we had been upgraded to a fabulous suite where no expense had been spared. Everything was just perfect. We were also presented with a lovely hand written congratulatory card and box of Belgian chocolates.
Breakfast the next morning was again a very relaxing and enjoyable delight. We were served at the table (no buffet) and provided with anything we wanted all very freshly cooked. Staff were attentive without being in your face and made sure when we left the restaurant that all had been ok
The hotel is within easy reach of both Liverpool Street station and Moorgate tube so The West End is within easy reach from the hotel.
We would recommend this hotel without reservation and will certainly be staying there again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SimonDavisJunior, General Manager at Apex London Wall Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Mary-Louise O,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Apex London Wall during your recent visit to London and for your fantastic review of our quality of product and service and great location.

We are delighted that we were able to be a part of your special occasion celebrations and that the additional personal touches you received along with the complimentary upgrade to one of our suites and the service from our great team made your stay extra special.

It was pleasing to note that as you had booked directly you managed to take advantage of our £ 10.00 food and beverage voucher during your stay. I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon and do remember when booking to visit our direct website for our best rates and package deals.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night after a Christmas do in early December. From the door it was impressive, with someone always present to greet you when you walked in, and friendly reception staff.

We were upgraded to an Executive room when we checked in, which was very spacious and clean with a standalone bath, walk-in shower and a huge bathroom. The bed was super king size (not two beds pushed together as far as I can remember) and comfy, and had a sofa at the bottom of the bed along with a flat screen TV.

Facilities in the room included an iron and ironing board, tea and coffee, a minibar (with some complimentary items) and complimentary Elemis toiletries.

Breakfast was great - made to order cooked items including full English, Eggs Benedict and porridge. There was freshly squeezed orange juice available along with a full Continental selection and very tasty.

The only thing I would improve would be the softness of the bed - it was a little too firm for me, but this is a common complaint of mine for hotel beds and seems to be fairly standard.

Otherwise, cannot fault it! Would definitely stay here again, the price was reasonable for one night in Central London (pretty close to the Bank underground stop) and the quality excellent.

And don't forget to pick up your complimentary Apex duck from the bathroom! I did forget, but if you look on their website they're part of a collectable series of 8. A nice touch I've only seen in one other hotel before.

Room Tip: We got upgraded to Executive at the beginning of December when it was quite busy. I don't know...
Dear Flyingporcupine,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and we hope you had an enjoyable Christmas do.

We are pleased that you enjoyed the upgrade to one of our Executive suites and the comfort this offered in addition to all of our “surprise and delight “amenities included in the room. Wally our resident duck is very popular and we would be happy to send him in the post for you if you would be so kind as to contact the hotel directly and advise which address would be most suitable for you.

We firmly believe that breakfast is an important part of any stay and were happy to see that you enjoyed the quality of our wide English and continental selection in our Off the Wall Restaurant.

We look forward to having you back with us in the near future and would kindly suggest that when arranging your booking to look at booking with us directly for our best available rates and packages.

Vermon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed at this delightful hotel for 3 nights. The rooms were excellent and large. Beds were large and confortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We think Apex London Wall Hotel is the best choice for a city break in London. We will return for sure!

Dear Franck S,

We were very pleased to have welcomed you Apex London Wall Hotel. It was pleasing to note that during your 3 day stay you found our quality of room product, central city location and friendly “home away from home” service exceeding your expectations.

We do look forward to welcoming you to stay with us on your next visit to the city and would encourage you to consider booking direct with us, so that you have the opportunity of taking advantage of our £ 10.00 credit voucher to spend in our restaurant and bar whilst still enjoying our best available rates and packages.

Simon Davis

Been to Apex London Wall Hotel? Share your experiences!