I stayed here with my friend for 2 nights at the end of September, to be fair, our room could have been MUCH worse, according to some other reviews the room we had (317) was actually a renovated room, other people were not so fortunate by the sound of it.
On the plus side, the apartments are very close to Earl's court tube station, Earl's Court Road also has a flurry of restaurants, a couple of pubs and shops etc. Once inside the apartments we were met by a receptionist who, quite frankly, didn't seem too bothered about us, being friendly northern girls, we were excited about our trip to the capital and felt slightly let down by our greeting. The receptionist took a long time to find our booking which didn't fill us with confidence either, we were also asked for ID which was never mentioned anywhere on the website. We were given a key card for room 317, once I started walking upstairs I noticed the stains on the carpet, the very narrow staircase and the rather funny 'musty' smell in the air. It reminded me of cheap student housing. We walked right to the top of the building and could not find our room number! No 317 anywhere! Maybe it was our ignorance but the 3 must have stood for third floor or something. We dared to try our key on room 17 in the corner... it worked.
Our room was very small and very basic but clean as far as I could tell, there was a large flat screen on the wall, 2 single beds and minimal furniture. (folded chairs and table). The bathroom was teeny tiny, very narrow and tight although there was a new electric shower installed so that was a treat I suppose.
Overall our stay was okay, if all you want is somewhere to rest your head for a cheap price then this is for you. Based on other reviews I wouldn't stay here again. If you're wanting to stay in London it's worth paying that extra £10 or £20 to make sure you get somewhere decent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apartments features include private ensuite facilities with showers, televisions and fully equipped kitchenettes with a full range of utensils. Dylan Apartments Kensington is only a few steps away from Earl's Court Tube Station and "Exhibition Centre". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, LateRooms, Hotel.de, Fastbooking, EasyToBook, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Dylan Apartments Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dylan Kensington Hotel London
- Dylan Apartments Kensington London, England