“A NIGHTMARE COME TRUE!!! AVOID!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Dylan Apartments Kensington 60
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   60/109 Warwick Road, London SW5 9EJ, England   |
Ranked #401 of 521 London B&B and Inns
Rome, Italy
“A NIGHTMARE COME TRUE!!! AVOID!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I booked for 3 night in this hotel, because I have been deceived from the nice images put on the website. But the actual experience is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. The room was extremely dirty, the furniture was very old and provided the room a very shabby appearance. The bathroom was almost unusable and the air aspirator was not working. Obviously, there were no windows for the air turn over. The reception was completely indifferent to all my complaints. In summary, I have been more than 10 times in London and I never saw so terrible conditions. And if I say "terrible" I think that for this accommodation is a compliment. I recommend everyone to avoid this hotel, because you can find in London far better conditions at the same price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Abuja
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is the worst experience in my life. I booked and pre-paid for 3 nights, on getting to the apartment it was trouble all the way. From the rude receptionist to my room in the basement. The room was a joke. Once i opened the door, rats were on the run through the open window, everywhere was infested with rats and foul smell, the heater was not working, the bathrooms had leaks. The problems were never ending. I went back and asked for a refund since i cant stay in this kind of condition but the rude receptionist with a thick English ascent refused. I just had to forfeit my money and look for a more descent place to stay. Just avoid this place for your own good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Mykonos, Greece
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Booked four nights over the internet at this horrid place last June.

Upon arrival i prepaid my entire stay,unfortunately before i had seen my room.
First thing i noticed was that the door did not lock properly as the lock/the door/and the door frame had a large space between them.
I didn't even bother to look at the rest of the room,and walked back to the reception(across the street) and complained.To the receptionists credit,she upgraded me(if you can say that) to a double room right next door( i was a solo traveler and had booked a single room).
I cant say that that was any better,as you will see from my pics, the place was an absolute mess and a total scam compared to the photos on the site.The door at least did lock properly but the windows right behind the bed did not!For a solo female traveler that is not the safest of options.
Unfortunately i had prepaid my stay and was short on cash as i was relocating so had no choice but to stick it out for a few days although i did check out one day early.

I tried emailing management repeatedly but never got a reply.I guess that is their policy.Scam everyone and never ever take any responsibility for their actions.Its been a while since this horrible experience and it still makes my blood boil!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
the Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I loved to stay at Dyplan Apartments with my daughter of 15 years old. Close to the underground, the London bus, XL Tesco. With a little kitchen, a small bathroom and a small fee, it was nice to stay; we enjoyed it!

Didy

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

As neither of us had ever needed to stay in a hotel in London before (usually we stayed with family) we had no idea on the cost verses level of hotel quality in London and we really did get ripped off at this place. We did check the reviews but didn't think that it was expensive for inner city. But the room was so small we had nowhere to put our bags or get dressed, the bed basically took up the room. There was a kitchenette but there was no supply washing up liquid or cloths and room service didn’t wash up? We also had to ask when our room was going to be cleaned and the sheets were never changed (we stayed 5 nights) and we didn’t get any fresh towels until we asked.
The drain in the shower filled up and nearly overflowed into the tiny cupboard bathroom. The room was very hot so we had to sleep with the window open and the noise from the room was unbearable. The location of the Dylan Kensington Apartment wasn’t in Kensington at all its in Earls Court (the name is just marketed that way to fool people). It was too far from anywhere to get something to eat so we walked a lot and caught cabs which was an added cost that we didn’t expect. I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone and the price we paid 70pound a night, it really should be half that price and even then I would say stay only a night if you had to.
How we found out just how badly ripped off we were is because we had another 6 nights to stay in London a week later (as we traveled up North and returned), if this place had been better we would have returned but we found the Shaftsbury Hotel Paddington which was LUXURY accommodation cheaper than what we paid at the DYLAN. So do some checking as where we stayed in Paddington was amazing compared the this hole.

Room Tip: Don't stay there are better places in London......or take ear plugs and a portable fan!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cologne, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The star ratings here are for the RENOVATED ROOM TO THE BACK OF THE BUILDING ONLY. Our first night we were assigned an unrenovated room (9) on the street side of the building across the road from reception. First and for us most annoying thing: Warwick Rd. is a major, massive street with loads of traffic and very, very loud. It was a miracle we slept at all (thanks to valerian, earplugs and a white noise app on full blast). The room itself was in dire need of renovation and teeny tiny. The bed was uncomfortable and it was all just old and dingy. Honestly, that all wouldn't have bothered us as much as the noise, which was unbearable. Luckily on the second night we were able to move to a renovated room (415) on the back side of the building. HUGE huge difference! It was just as tiny but way nicer, with huge flat-screen tv and everything in much better condition, with a comfy bed. Even more essential: the back side of the building borders on a small park and it was very quiet with a nice view even!
As for location it is great, only a 3 minute walk to the tube (be sure to exit on the Warwick Rd. side, the other side [Earls Court Rd] means a 10 min walk) and several useful buses right there too. Additionally there's an enormous Tescos right around the corner (useful since there is a mini kitchen in the room, which was also a major plus by the way).
Overall, for the price the renovated room was well worth it. You'll be hard-pressed to find any decent room in London for under 100 euros / night and we wanted to have the kitchenette so we could eat some meals in (also a great way to save a few quid). However, unless you can be guaranteed a renovated room to the back of the building, I would think long and hard if it's worth it to save the money.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Warwick Rd. are outrageously loud. Unrenovated rooms are in poor condition. Renovated...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Rockhampton, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

No mice or pests in our room... they had moved out. We booked a twin room, only had a double room.. we had to send somebody to another motel. wish we hadnt prepaid. The front door didnt work, up 4 flights of stairs, lucky we are not old, the toilet had alean, like the rest of the building, the room stinks, the shower is small. Moved to a 'twin" room after 3 nights, the shower fell off the wall, the freezer was frozen over and it also smells. The staff were as helpfull as they could be, but that is as far as it goes. only stay here if there are no park benchs left.
Casa Mombasa Australia

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Dylan Apartments Kensington 60? Share your experiences!