“Unexpectedly gorgeous!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of da Scalzo

da Scalzo
2a Elizabeth Street | Corner with Eccleston Place, London SW1W 9RB, England (Victoria)
02077305498
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
da Scalzo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,426 of 16,892 restaurants in London
Description: Tel +44 (0)20 7730 5498
Dorset
“Unexpectedly gorgeous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I stumbled across this place as I had a long wait for my next coach to Dorset. I was tired, hot, and peed off with a jobs worth coach driver who refused me an earlier seat. As it turned out, he did me a favour, as I had one of the best Risottos I've ever had! I immediately ordered a nice glass of cold Prosecco, which was reasonably priced(for London) and settled on my menu choice. I always really love the idea of Risotto, but am rarely satisfied. Invariably it comes meat-free, I am a huge carnivore, and for some reason is always a measly portion. This arrived, and was my kinda plateful! It's lack of meat was easy compensated for by the delicious flavour of the mushrooms, and the perfect consistency of the risotto itself. Topped off by great service, a real good find.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

77% Recommend
Kuching, Malaysia
“Excellent food & live music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

First class Italian food with live music (jazz). Very good value for money and excellent service.
Situated opposite Victoria coach station so easy to find.

Visited October 2013
“Perfectly positioned Italian by Victoria station. A must visit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This place looks as if its been around for some time, but it's quite new. My my. What a find! We stopped here after the trip to Victoria on the bus into London, and this is basically around the corner.
Inside it has an upstairs balcony area for seating, and downstairs where the jazz takes place.

I ordered sea bass and my partner a salmon, which were both delicious. However, you know when you look at other tables and you spott something that you'd love? That happened constantly! Every dish that was coming out of the kitchen looked delicious. Yumm! Just thinking of it is making me salivate!

Go here if in the Victoria area for whatever reason.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Very good meal, nice ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Went here on a week night for a meal with my work colleagues, and we really loved it. The building itself is very sweet, a main downstairs area and then a mezzanine on either side, where we were sat. We had mixed antipasti starter to share, and then pasta and pizza dishes, and all were felt to be excellent. We were here for three hours and didn't feel rushed out. It is hard to find a decent non-touristy restaurant in this part of town but this is one of the best around here I think.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“Difficult to find, but decent meal before the theater”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Cab had a bit of a go finding the restaurant since street is split in half. Arrived a bit before 6pm for a 7:30 p. show. Suggest you get there a bit before 6pm since it starts to get filled up by 6:00 pm. Tables and restaurant a bit small . Room decorated with Hollywood movie actors and actresses from years gone by. Husband had Spaghetti Carbonara, and I had the Chicken Caesar. We shared a split carafe of House red which was decent. Was ok for pre theater meal. Nice walk to Victoria Station Theater district.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere